***Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who has been accepted received a packet/letter in the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview here this week! Any advice or anything I should be aware of regarding the interview here?
Get some sleep! It's going to be a long day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cancelling my interview here! I hope someone that really deserves it gets my spot! Best of luck to all of you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Out of curiosity did anyone get rejections after December 1st? I still haven't heard anything.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone who interviewed received a rejection yet?

Edit: oops, my phone just reloaded and showed the previous post :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are you still waiting to hear from them as well?

Are you still waiting to hear from them as well?

Had a Pre-Dec Interview and still silence :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite today. Will not be going and withdrew my application.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we haven't heard anything from the school yet (interviewed early November) can we assume a rejection? or waitlist? Has anyone called to ask them?

If we haven't heard anything from the school yet (interviewed early November) can we assume a rejection? or waitlist? Has anyone called to ask them?
I'm not positive. I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't assume anything, though. If you look back at one of my previous posts, MWU fills about 75% of their class by the end of December. So if you haven't heard anything, I'm hoping that means there's still a chance you can be accepted. I'm under the impression that they're slowly accepting people now and they must have some type of priority list. People are cancelling interviews and declining acceptance, so that is opening up more opportunity for those like us that haven't heard anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

I called today and the lady from admissions said they are still sorting through the first phase of interviewees (pre-December) and they should be done by the end of December. So, we could hear either an acceptance, rejection or waitlist anytime between now and January is what she told me...

Reactions: 6 users
I called today and the lady from admissions said they are still sorting through the first phase of interviewees (pre-December) and they should be done by the end of December. So, we could hear either an acceptance, rejection or waitlist anytime between now and January is what she told me...
Awesome! Thanks for that info.

Unfortunately turning down my spot here. Hope a fellow SDN'er gets it!!

As badly as I want to go to this school, i cannot decline in-state tuition. I honestly think this school produces THE BEST dentists in the country. Was blown away.

Reactions: 3 users
Are they still sending out Interviews? I just finished my Supp (I know late), but I did complete Illinois late and got an interview a day after I inquired about my app.

Unfortunately turning down my spot here. Hope a fellow SDN'er gets it!!

As badly as I want to go to this school, i cannot decline in-state tuition. I honestly think this school produces THE BEST dentists in the country. Was blown away.
why do you say that they produce best dentists ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that too from talking to faculty and student while touring the school

I did too! Which is why I will be attending, pending HPSP, otherwise I will be going to my state school strictly because of cost!

Is there a FB group for accepted students??

Hey guys questions? I f you got accepted and you made the deposit. Can the school still refuse you if you made some Cs in your last semester classes?

I run a business seven days a weeks 11hrs a day, and this semesters class has been lacking a bit :(

Best way to answer is call admissions. You can take that class again online through UNE...

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I received an interview invite on Tuesday! I applied late October... I was wondering if anyone has any pointers for the interview?

Sadly gonna be turning my spot down. Got a scholarship at another school too good to turn down. Midwestern is amazing though, their clinic is unreal.

Sadly gonna be turning my spot down. Got a scholarship at another school too good to turn down. Midwestern is amazing though, their clinic is unreal.

How long did it take after completing the supplemental to hear anything from the school? I recently completed my sup

How long did it take after completing the supplemental to hear anything from the school? I recently completed my sup
I heard back very quickly. It seems like others have as well.

why do you say that they produce best dentists ?

Their clinics and overall program is just simply amazing. You will do more procedures and go into more depth here than any other school in the country.

Almost worth the money... i mean that.

Rejected.

I just want to say Congratulations to everyone that received interviews thus far, and best of luck to all who are still waiting. Everyone that has recieved an interview obviously did a great job with their application, studies, and services which surpassed what I had to offer. Blessings to everyone this application cycle, I wish you all the best and hopes for admission.

"Dear X,

We recently reviewed your completed application to Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine. It is obvious that you put a great deal of time and effort into completing your file. While your application has its strengths, the applicant pool is so strong that we are unable to offer you an interview.

We do appreciate your interest in the College of Dental Medicine. We wish you well in your quest for further medical education.

Sincerely,

James M. Walter, MPA
Director of Admissions"

what were your stats if you dont mind me asking? or could you please message me?

If you interview here, what are your chances of getting admitted?
I'm guessing around 40% overall since they interview around 500 and accept 200 for 140 seats, but a lot of the seats are assigend on dec 1st...so probably less than 40% for people interviewing from now on...

What I like about this school is that the professors led us on the tour. They all seem so nice.
MWU still has not informed me of their decision even though I interviewed back in Oct.

I just received an interview invite today! I was ready to accept another offer and was locked into that decision. This has opened up the whole can of abiguity once again. It's a good problem to have though, I guess.

Anyone receive anything in the mail yet? Still waiting for my acceptance package...

I just received an interview invite today! I was ready to accept another offer and was locked into that decision. This has opened up the whole can of abiguity once again. It's a good problem to have though, I guess.
Awesome. What are your stats? and did you every hear from them since you applied?

Awesome. What are your stats? and did you every hear from them since you applied?

BCP: 3.6; sGPA: 3.3; Total: 3.4
21AA/20TS/23PAT
Non-trad coming from a career in engineering.

I applied late (mid-August). I didn't finish the supplemental for MWU until October. I received an "application on hold" email two days later. Being the over-achieving pessimist that I am, I figured I was sunk at that point. Then an interview invite on the 10th.

If you're interviewing at MidWestern I suggest you are able to answer the following questions. Hope this helps someone prepare and helps relieve some anxiety you might be having. Know the mission statement...

Describe what it means to be a consumer of education.

What questions do you have for us? (asked like three times)

Out of 3000 applicants why should we choose you?

Three things you would teach your children

Why are you a good fit for our school?

What is our mission statement?

How do you fit into our mission statement

What does professionalism mean in healthcare and why is it important?

How would you handle a group project where a member doesn't participate?

What work experience do you have in healthcare? Outside of healthcare?

Tell me about your work experiences outside of dentistry

How would implement ethical situation experience to the school?

What is an example of critical thinking in healthcare?

What does professionalism mean in healthcare and why is it important?

Why healthcare?

Tell us something interesting about yourself?

This school focus a lot on working in groups, what experience do you have that would indicate you work well in a team?

What is your definition of success in dentistry?

What are two things you like and dislike about dentistry?

What is one thing in your past you might choose to do differently?

What is the definition of tenure?

What is a dilemma that you have had?

Reactions: 2 users
on hold for interview. got it a day after I put my supp in.

Yes. Last year, I applied to med schools before deciding to switch to dentistry. I shadowed 114 hours over Jan-June before applying & explained why I decided to change career paths in my personal statement, but I would assume that previously applying to med schools was a factor. Aside from that the 3.14 BCP GPA isn't doing me any favors!

do you mind sharing what made you switch to dentistry?

Still nothing and interviewed pre Dec. Anyone else still waiting to hear something?

Status
Not open for further replies.