**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Application completed 7/6. DAT in 7/18. Committee letter in 8/1, received supplemental email today 8/2.

Members don't see this ad.

I was gonna ask people to share their stats to see what I was up against. But, then I thought twice and realized I'd probably get depressed lol

I was gonna ask people to share their stats to see what I was up against. But, then I thought twice and realized I'd probably get depressed lol

App Revived Email: JUL 24
APP Processed Email: JUL 24
SUPP Request Email: JUL 25
SUPP Received Email: JUL 25
Residency: VA
Schools Applied To: VCU, LSU, UCSF, PITT, MICH, UK, TENN, PENN, TUF, CASE, TEMP
GPA and DAT: 3.66S 3.68O AA:21 TS: 21 PAT: 23

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an application processed email from Maryland on July 11th. I still haven't received a link for the supplemental application though. So am I out of the interview phase then? (I have heard that Maryland only sends supplemental links to those that they are interested in interviewing).

I received an application processed email from Maryland on July 11th. I still haven't received a link for the supplemental application though. So am I out of the interview phase then? (I have heard that Maryland only sends supplemental links to those that they are interested in interviewing).

They do send out the supplemental at different times so you will just have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Completed application on July 13th. Paid application fee by searching on the internet for their payment portal on July 14th. Maryland received my DAT score on August 1st. Received an email today (8/3) to complete supplemental.

Just got invited to interview!

Notification Date: 8/8
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/18/25 None below 17

Reactions: 2 users
Just got invited to interview!

Notification Date: 8/8
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/18/25 None below 17

Did your Status change on AADSAS?

Invited to the interview as well! =) super super excited to be back in Bmore! <3

My status on AADSAS changed!

Last edited:
Just got invited! OOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'grats, people! keeping my fingers crossed and obsessively checking my email

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Maryland have additional essays in the Supplemental or just a fee?

does anyone know if Maryland is strict on their letters of recommendation? if instead of chemistry teacher you have one from a physics? I have emailed the school but no answer yet ;/

Havent gotten a interview invitee, but submitted my supplemental app 7/25 (not the fee, at secondary supplemental app). So im wondering if they are still sending out more invitees today, or, they are done sending out interviews for this batch and havent gotten to my app, or have decided not to give me an interview due to other stronger candidates. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Application completed 7/6. DAT in 7/18. Committee letter in 8/1, received supplemental email today 8/2.
What do you mean received supp email today? I thought you just submit a supp fee without any questions.

What do you mean received supp email today? I thought you just submit a supp fee without any questions.

Yes, Suplemental application. After you submit your fee, UMD can decide to give you another supplemental application upon request, separate from the fee.

I keep getting error with sup fee for this school. Anyone have the same problem? Should I add a dash after adsas id?

Interview number 2

School: UMD
Notification date: 8/8
Method of notification: Email 4:30 EST
Application completion date: 7/27
AADSAS submission date: 7/12

Last edited:
Interview number 2

School: UMD
Notification date: 8/8
Method of notification: Email 4:30 EST
Application completion date: 7/27
AADSAS submission date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall) 3.8, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/ TS 21/ PAT 20/ RC 18/ QR 18 none below 17
It that a 3.2 GPA with a 20 AA? Damn what made you stand out?

Reactions: 1 user
It that a 3.2 GPA with a 20 AA? Damn what made you stand out?
I am a non traditional student whose changing careers. I have been told by an assistant dean of admissions at a dental school, that they are mainly concerned with my grades since i have come back to school(4.0) to complete the pre-reqs (all the sciences except Gen chem 1) and not my grades of the past

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am a non traditional student with years of international work experience. I have been told by an assistant dean of admissions at a dental school, that they are mainly concerned with my grades since i have come back to school to complete the pre-reqs (all the sciences except Gen chem 1) and not my grades of the past
Ah that makes sense.Thanks

Hi, I was wondering how strict is Maryland regarding Letter of Recommendation. On their website it says one from a bio and one from a chemistry teacher. But my two science teachers one of them is a physics teacher! I have emailed them but no answer yet ;/ I would appreciate your help!
I think physics is fine. But make sure one of the other ones is at least bio or chemistry

Hi, I was wondering how strict is Maryland regarding Letter of Recommendation. On their website it says one from a bio and one from a chemistry teacher. But my two science teachers one of them is a physics teacher! I have emailed them but no answer yet ;/ I would appreciate your help!
Try calling them! I had a question about it and they replaced bio rec letter with biochem for me. Hope this helps!

Among those who do receive supplemental, how many get interview invites?
Stats for admission after interview are online but not on supplemental. Thanks.

Most everyone (I would say 85%) who gets to complete the Maryland supplemental actually gets an interview invite shortly thereafter. Now, if you royally screw up the supplemental background questions then I would say count yourself out of getting an interview. Otherwise, prepare to get one. One more thing to note: not everyone who has a Pre-December interview gets a Dec 1 admission offer. So just BE PATIENT. Just as well, not everyone receives an interview prior to December acceptances. A majority of the 2021 class actually received interviews in January and February and were accepted from those pools

And one more thing, there were some people in the class of 2021 who interviewed in October but got accepted in January. So as said before, patience is a virtue

Most everyone (I would say 85%) who gets to complete the Maryland supplemental actually gets an interview invite shortly thereafter. Now, if you royally screw up the supplemental background questions then I would say count yourself out of getting an interview. Otherwise, prepare to get one. One more thing to note: not everyone who has a Pre-December interview gets a Dec 1 admission offer. So just BE PATIENT. Just as well, not everyone receives an interview prior to December acceptances. A majority of the 2021 class actually received interviews in January and February and were accepted from those pools
That's comforting. Thanks

I submitted my 90$ but got an error. I got an email saying the transaction didn't get processed and it's still pending on my account. Maryland sent me an email last week saying after preliminary review they need my official DAT scores to be considered for review. Does that mean my supp fee went through since I was under preliminary review lol? I was going to contact them but in the email they said not to contact them and they will tell me if I am missing anything else that is required due to the sheer volume of applicants.

I submitted my 90$ but got an error. I got an email saying the transaction didn't get processed and it's still pending on my account. Maryland sent me an email last week saying after preliminary review they need my official DAT scores to be considered for review. Does that mean my supp fee went through since I was under preliminary review lol? I was going to contact them but in the email they said not to contact them and they will tell me if I am missing anything else that is required due to the sheer volume of applicants.

I would just call to make sure. I think there is a difference between calling to ask if you are missing anything in general and asking if your payment went through.

Does anyone know the best way to get to Maryland for the interview? I have an interview on the 13th and do not know how to get there. The directions from the email are pretty confusing. Also are you guys booking hotel rooms suggested in the email? and for what day?

I would just call to make sure. I think there is a difference between calling to ask if you are missing anything in general and asking if your payment went through.
I think I'll just wait to see if the payment goes through. After all, have to wait for official DAT scores anyway.

I think I'll just wait to see if the payment goes through. After all, have to wait for official DAT scores anyway.

Makes sense. Good luck with the whole process. Hopefully everything will go through quickly.

And one more thing, there were some people in the class of 2021 who interviewed in October but got accepted in January. So as said before, patience is a virtue

Could you please describe what the interview is like. Is it individual interviews or a group interview? Do we interview with instructors? What tips do you have? Also are you currently a student? I appreciate any advice.

Hey guys,

has anyone been able to find a match history? Maybe current/past students could comment on how many students specialize vs go into general practice. Thanks!

Anyone receive an error for submitting the supp fee for this school?

Anyone receive an error for submitting the supp fee for this school?
I did when I tried submitting with my credit card, so I switched to my debit card and it went through

Hey guys,

has anyone been able to find a match history? Maybe current/past students could comment on how many students specialize vs go into general practice. Thanks!

Class of 2016 (2017 isn't public yet) had about 80% do a residency and 20% go straight to practice. The exact breakdown I can try to get you if you REALLY want to know. Its a strong program

It's pretty competitive for out of state, for instate like 75% of applicants get interviews

Here are numbers from 2015:

OOS: 2240 applied, 333 interviewed, 222 accepted
15% of applicants get an interview, 67% of interviewees get an acceptance

IS: 253 applied, 152 interviewed, 84 accepted
60% of applicants interviewed, 55% of interviewees accepted

Repeating: BE PATIENT

This process is months long and is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't wear yourself out early on

Reactions: 3 users
Could you please describe what the interview is like. Is it individual interviews or a group interview? Do we interview with instructors? What tips do you have? Also are you currently a student? I appreciate any advice.

The interview day is as follows

You enter the building and go to a room with round tables to wait with other students. They welcome you, give some big talks about thr school, finances, etc. You break out into smaller groups for lunch, tours, and interviews...led by third and fourth years. The interview itself is about a half hour with one faculty and one student.

Biggest advice is to be yourself. Treat everyone with respect and try to get to know a few potential colleagues. As you guys will realize, you may see these people again at another interview or in the future at a conference, residency, or in your class.

Click on the SDN Resources tab at the top of the page, and choose Interview Feedback, then choose UMSOD as the school. That should give you all you need to know. Additionally, they conduct individual interviews, one interview with a professor and a current student (normally D4) in the same room asking you questions back and forth in a conversational manner. However, when you are in groups you are definitely observed throughout the day, so always show a good impression.

Click on the SDN Resources tab at the top of the page, and choose Interview Feedback, then choose UMSOD as the school. That should give you all you need to know. Additionally, they conduct individual interviews, one interview with a professor and a current student (normally D4) in the same room asking you questions back and forth in a conversational manner. However, when you are in groups you are definitely observed throughout the day, so always show a good impression.

So it's only one interview with two interviewers?

Status
Not open for further replies.