Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well there goes another friday

See you guys next week. Same place same time

Reactions: 2 users
See you guys next week. Same place same time

Since deposits are due on Mondays and judging by previous cycle threads, I believe we can expect to maybe hear back on this Monday. Usually in past cycles they have accepted people the first Monday in March (see class of 2019 thread and possibly 2020 thread if I'm not mistaken) and then the deposit date would correspond by being two weeks instead of the month others were given to pay it since it is late in the cycle. The later the cycle gets, the less time they give newly accepted people to pay a deposit, normally the deadline becomes within two weeks. And since deposit deadlines are normally Mondays.... if an acceptance was to be given 3/6 then the deposit due date would be 3/20 or 3/27 depending on if they give 2-3 weeks. It would then correspond with previous cycle activity. Just my opinion but I may be wrong. Let's hope not. All we can do is hope for the best. Hang in there guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Since deposits are due on Mondays and judging by previous cycle threads, I believe we can expect to maybe hear back on this Monday. Usually in past cycles they have accepted people the first Monday in March (see class of 2019 thread and possibly 2020 thread if I'm not mistaken) and then the deposit date would correspond by being two weeks instead of the month others were given to pay it since it is late in the cycle. The later the cycle gets, the less time they give newly accepted people to pay a deposit, normally the deadline becomes within two weeks. And since deposit deadlines are normally Mondays.... if an acceptance was to be given 3/6 then the deposit due date would be 3/20 or 3/27 depending on if they give 2-3 weeks. It would then correspond with previous cycle activity. Just my opinion but I may be wrong. Let's hope not. All we can do is hope for the best. Hang in there guys!

Lol this waiting game is absolutely killing me

Fingers crossed for monday, went crazy checking my email today!!

Great.. now i get to spend Monday checking my email all day.. Thanks a lot lol

How I feel trying to figure out when Maryland is going to communicate with us

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Can a current UMB student shed light on why we haven't heard back yet?

Reactions: 4 users
Current D3 here! When I applied, they did not give me a UMID until post-acceptance. I do not know the value of the UMID this year, whether it has to do with FAFSA or not. Judging by the looks of things on this thread, access to Blackboard and other UMB applications spans beyond FAFSA. So that's all I know. It is curious they haven't released any acceptances lately, but none of us at the school can truly give an exact answer on WHY. One thing is for sure they are not waiting for April 1st deposits, because the class is NOT filled. To what extent it is filled, none of us students will know. That's all I know. I am hopeful you all will hear back sooner rather than later, and for those who received UMID emails, I hope that those emails foreshadow good news to come!

Current D3 here! When I applied, they did not give me a UMID until post-acceptance. I do not know the value of the UMID this year, whether it has to do with FAFSA or not. Judging by the looks of things on this thread, access to Blackboard and other UMB applications spans beyond FAFSA. So that's all I know. It is curious they haven't released any acceptances lately, but none of us at the school can truly give an exact answer on WHY. One thing is for sure they are not waiting for April 1st deposits, because the class is NOT filled. To what extent it is filled, none of us students will know. That's all I know. I am hopeful you all will hear back sooner rather than later, and for those who received UMID emails, I hope that those emails foreshadow good news to come!

How do you know for sure the class isn't filled? Just curious

How do you know for sure the class isn't filled? Just curious

Through the grapevine at school. Although I must admit more technical matters have taken up my time such as clinical and exam priorities. Interviews ceased the week of Feb 28. Everyone should expect to hear back soon. Patience. Nobody except the admissions staff and faculty themselves are going to know exactly why no further decisions have been sent out.

:lol:Who's ready to play the email checking game on Friday!? Two more days! :claps:

Another peaceful and quiet Friday... :poke::owle::whistle:

Another peaceful and quiet Friday... :poke::owle::whistle:

Anyone refresh their email like twenty times once it hit 2pm? :beat: (Every Friday is like beating a dead horse). Just for the record though I'm against animal cruelty but this emoji fits the feeling of this thread

Have any of you tried calling about the status of your application?

There going to mess with us and send the next batch on like a Monday at 9am.

:poke:Update from the admissions office: they said "there's no set time that we will get back to anyone, you just have to wait. The committee needs to decide, sorry." And I did not give them my name or application info when I called. They seem to have been expecting the call about admissions decisions o_O:rofl:

My question is if the committee needs to meet why have they given out waitlist spots already before interviews were even over (see @Mboy's post regarding being placed on waitlist).... don't they know that most of us applicants need to decide on a school soon? April 1 is veering its ugly head at us in a few weeks! :bang:

I might just assume I didn't get in and move on with life. My poor phone has refreshed the email enough today...:shrug:

:poke:Update from the admissions office: they said "there's no set time that we will get back to anyone, you just have to wait. The committee needs to decide, sorry." And I did not give them my name or application info when I called. They seem to have been expecting the call about admissions decisions o_O:rofl:

Oh god, that makes me worried...

I might just assume I didn't get in and move on with life. My poor phone has refreshed the email enough today...:shrug:

It's EXTREMELY unfair to all the applicants who interviewed post December and have not received word.

I know right...? No acceptances given out since 1/20...
are we sure there were no acceptances given out after 1/20? maybe no one from SDN got an acceptance since the 20th...and maybe the people that DID get acceptances after the 20th aren't even on SDN...do you know what I mean?

To shed some light, I think it's a good thing if we haven't gotten wait-listed or rejected. Seems like they are still making decisions, so if they wanted then they could have rejected us or wait listed us when others were

Did they sent any rejections after 1/20? Those who already had interview

are we sure there were no acceptances given out after 1/20? maybe no one from SDN got an acceptance since the 20th...and maybe the people that DID get acceptances after the 20th aren't even on SDN...do you know what I mean?

To shed some light, I think it's a good thing if we haven't gotten wait-listed or rejected. Seems like they are still making decisions, so if they wanted then they could have rejected us or wait listed us when others were

Did they sent any rejections after 1/20? Those who already had interview

They did not send rejections to those who interviewed. Only those who did not interview got rejections so far. Also I am quite positive there have been no acceptances outside 1/20 because the Facebook group (from what I'm told) usually buzzes a little when a wave is accepted and for the most part only current students have been joining the Facebook group since 1/20. Plus everyone lets remember this is the 21st Century, most everyone has access to social media and the internet so I'm sure we would have heard SOMEWHERE that there was an acceptance after 1/20.

They did not send rejections to those who interviewed. Only those who did not interview got rejections so far. Also I am quite positive there have been no acceptances outside 1/20 because the Facebook group (from what I'm told) usually buzzes a little when a wave is accepted and for the most part only current students have been joining the Facebook group since 1/20. Plus everyone lets remember this is the 21st Century, most everyone has access to social media and the internet so I'm sure we would have heard SOMEWHERE that there was an acceptance after 1/20.

That's true. They save the best for last...let's think of it that way! :thinking:

That's true. They save the best for last...let's think of it that way! :thinking:
I would just like to know why they haven't decided on such a huge pool of post December applicants since they have only had three acceptance bunches and so many interviews since 1/20. It is so frustrating and if it is any indication of how the school actually conducts business then wow if I don't get any word in the next few weeks I'm just forced to take one of my other offers despite Maryland being my first choice :bang::help::shrug:+pity+

I was an early February interview and I remember them saying they won't be accepting too many people from the interviews after late January

I was an early February interview and I remember them saying they won't be accepting too many people from the interviews after late January

That just cannot be true because at my January interview they told us expect to hear back between now and April and that the class does not fill until April. Oh well. Sounds like they tell different things to different groups of interviewers.

That just cannot be true because at my January interview they told us expect to hear back between now and April and that the class does not fill until April. Oh well. Sounds like they tell different things to different groups of interviewers.

They said the same during my February interview. It will be a long wait.

They said the same during my February interview. It will be a long wait.

They told you anytime between now and April? I know plenty of others who interviewed on a variety of dates who said the same..."now until April". It is safe to say that if a good chunk of interviewees from January to end of February haven't heard back at all, they aren't finished yet. It doesn't make sense at all for them to tell people they aren't accepting many post December interviewees when the Facebook group has maybe 68 accepted people and nobody has heard since January 20th. It doesn't match any previous cycle activity, and I do not think they are rapidly changing their acceptance trend this cycle anyway.

Are you waiting to hear back from Maryland?