**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread 2.0**

Hey yall! I am back for the evening, or at least until my phone dies

No background checks
This friday will be a YUGE one supposedly

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Considering it seems like they are doing large group acceptances: the last deadline was Feb 20th. Last week they had too much going on with D4 boards. This wednesday should be amongst the last interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know about how many seats are left in the class, or a percentage that needs to be filled soon? Thank!

Reactions: 1 user
Considering it seems like they are doing large group acceptances: the last deadline was Feb 20th. Last week they had too much going on with D4 boards. This wednesday should be amongst the last interviews.
Does anybody know about how many seats are left in the class, or a percentage that needs to be filled soon? Thank!

Well according to the FB group it's about 65 newly admitted students and 70 current D1-D4 students. I would say about 50%? I don't know how accurate my estimate is though

Well according to the FB group it's about 65 newly admitted students and 70 current D1-D4 students. I would say about 50%? I don't know how accurate my estimate is though
I would be really surprised if the class was only half full in March....there are likely many admitted students who have not joined the facebook group. But on the other hand your guess is as good as mine.

I would be really surprised if the class was only half full in March....there are likely many admitted students who have not joined the facebook group. But on the other hand your guess is as good as mine.

Considering they have only had three acceptance waves...that's where my guess came from. It's not likely that there are only ten or twenty spots left if they have only had acceptances on three dates. In cycles past, they have had about five acceptance waves by now, which explains why in past cycles the end of February interviews were for waitlist spots. Just going off what I know.

Last edited:
Anybody know what time we hear back tomorrow?

P.S. anyone solve the mystery of the UMID emails sent out to applicants?

Looks like that email thing has to do with filling out your FAFSA

Then why do I have full on-click access to Blackboard and lectures and everything else? There's no rhyme or reason
what? i've paid my deposits and i CAN'T access blackboard.....weird. it would definitely be bizarre if they gave you that and then didn't accept you!

and to answer your first question, 2:00pm!

what? i've paid my deposits and i CAN'T access blackboard.....weird. it would definitely be bizarre if they gave you that and then didn't accept you!

Did you fill out your FAFSA?

What emails!?? I never received any!! I have already submitted my FAFSA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Hmm.. did you not receive an email from them titled "University of MD, Baltimore Account Information (UMID)"

What emails!?? I never received any!! I have already submitted my FAFSA.

So not everyone who submitted FAFSA with Maryland received this email? The deadline was 3/1/17 for Maryland FAFSA. I know from the last Maryland 2021 thread that only a few others including myself received the UMID email. Interesting.

Hmm.. did you not receive an email from them titled "University of MD, Baltimore Account Information (UMID)"
yeah I set up my UMID so there's a strong chance I just can't access it because i'm being stupid, LOL. i did my FAFSA but only like a week ago

So on this thread for all waiting applicants: who filed FAFSA and did or did NOT receive the UMID email? There is a discrepancy because I know applicants outside SDN who are waiting and did not receive the UMID email despite filing Maryland FAFSA. If they are handing out UMID's to a few and not to everyone then......who knows.....

To answer your questions, I did get my umid activated but do not have access to the blackboard. I think people are confused about that.

So on this thread for all waiting applicants: who filed FAFSA and did or did NOT receive the UMID email? There is a discrepancy because I know applicants outside SDN who are waiting and did not receive the UMID email despite filing Maryland FAFSA. If they are handing out UMID's to a few and not to everyone then......who knows.....

To answer your questions, I did get my umid activated but do not have access to the blackboard. I think people are confused about that.

I filed for FAFSA, and after receiving the email, activated my UMID as well and it lets me explore blackboard......what the.... :confused::eek:o_O:scared:

yeah I set up my UMID so there's a strong chance I just can't access it because i'm being stupid, LOL. i did my FAFSA but only like a week ago

Haha you're not stupid! But yeah technically we can access it if you set that UMID stuff up :)

Those who received the email, have you guys got accepted to UMD? I interviewed on February 21st.

Has anyone who have not been accepted yet received UMID? I interviewed on February 8th and have not received UMID email; do you guys think this means rejection?

Has anyone who have not been accepted yet received UMID? I interviewed on February 8th and have not received UMID email; do you guys think this means rejection?

No until you get the rejection email. You are not rejected

I didn't get the email to create my UMID until after I received acceptance (and before I filled out my FAFSA, so I don't think the two are connected). I still can't access Blackboard though, but I can go on things like myUMB and SURFS

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully we all get acceptances tomorrow and can forget about the mystery of the UMID email.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone
I had interview on February 1st and got on the waitlist. Is there anything I can do to get out of the waitlist?

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! May it be a good Friday:soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users

I received that email on Tuesday and was so confused! I hope it means good news

Seeing you guys getting all theses makes me nervous.. I have not received any emails from them..

Seeing you guys getting all theses makes me nervous.. I have not received any emails from them..
Idk I think it's just false hope claused by a glitche in the system or something...too nervous to get my hopes up

Idk I think it's just false hope claused by a glitche in the system or something...too nervous to get my hopes up

Hey I am in the same boat with you. But it cannot be a bad sign!

haha i can see how it can be a false hope. But i think it's better than no hope at all! Good luck to all of us waiting ..

haha i can see how it can be a false hope. But i think it's better than no hope at all! Good luck to all of us waiting ..

Last edited:

Last edited:
The struggle is getting real today :D Sounds like waitlist emails went out this morning so hopefully acceptances go out too? OMG I cant wait ...

The struggle is getting real today :D Sounds like waitlist emails went out this morning so hopefully acceptances go out too? OMG I cant wait ...
Sounds like a waitlist email went out yesterday considering @Mboy posted about it yesterday. @Mboy how were you notified?

Oh I thought it was today! Either way that just means they have decided about the acceptances since they waitlisted some people.

Oh I thought it was today! Either way that just means they have decided about the acceptances since they waitlisted some people.

Yes I agree

Hello everyone
I had interview on February 1st and got on the waitlist. Is there anything I can do to get out of the waitlist?
Im not sure but writing a letter and expressing how much you want to go to UMB might help.

This deep silence only means that everyone else is refreshing their inbox 38 times per second like me lol