***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email today!! Interview in late October. Keep an eye out they said the process just began today

Congrats! IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like in other years they sent them all out on one day? weird but I guess I'll keep waiting lol.

whats the consensus? think all the out of state interviews went out on mondaY?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they sent interviews to people who live farther away?? Idk lol

I received an interview from marquette last year and I kind of expected another one this year, but I haven't heard anything yet. I vote somebody calls and finds out

Ok I called and asked when they would be sending out oos invites and she said we should expect within the next week or so..tried to get info for is as well but she couldnt give a concrete answer..fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
Ok I called and asked when they would be sending out oos invites and she said we should expect within the next week or so..tried to get info for is as well but she couldnt give a concrete answer..fingers crossed!
my sources from inside the dental school told me that they are still having discussions about applicants, so i guess no decisions have been made yet.

Interview invite!! OOS.

Interviews are out!
invited, OOS

Fingers crossed that instate interviews will go out tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious - could you guys post times when the interviews come in so we can figure out if it's a blast or individual sends?

mine was 8:48 CT

Reactions: 1 users
I think they're going to be sending throughout the week though

Congrats guys! If you don't mind me asking, what states are you from and what're your stats?
I'm from Illinois. My stats may actually surprise you. I had a 3.2 overall GPA, 2.75 Science GPA, 17AA on DAT, 423 shadowing hours, 312 service hours and a series of roles in my sorority and student government (I have to add that since people typically don't know why a school would consider someone with low stats). Do note that I applied last year and was in the alternate pool.

Reactions: 3 users
Out of curiosity, why do you think that?

Because there are people who received an interview earlier in the week. In the past they sent all their interviews at once but they seem to be doing things a little differently this year

I'm from Illinois. My stats may actually surprise you. I had a 3.2 overall GPA, 2.75 Science GPA, 17AA on DAT, 423 shadowing hours, 312 service hours and a series of roles in my sorority and student government (I have to add that since people typically don't know why a school would consider someone with low stats). Do note that I applied last year and was in the alternate pool.
omg congrats!!! I also have low stats with lots of experience. I WISH YOU THE BEST!!!

omg congrats!!! I also have low stats with lots of experience. I WISH YOU THE BEST!!!
Thank you very much! And don't worry too much about your stats. Most of the pre-December invites go out around this time, but interview invites continue to be sent out well into February and March. There is plenty of time, so stay positive.

Congrats everyone!
I've been super nervous as well given my lower stats... starting to feel disheartened :/ I really hope they haven't finished sending out pre-december interview invites..

Congrats everyone!
I've been super nervous as well given my lower stats... starting to feel disheartened :/ I really hope they haven't finished sending out pre-december interview invites..
I just called admissions office. The lady I spoke to said that they were sending interview invites throughout today. Keep fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just called admissions office. The lady I spoke to said that they were sending interview invites throughout today. Keep fingers crossed!!!

Thank you! Good to hear! :)

I received an interview today!

Residency: IL
Undergrad: Marquette :)
GPA: 3.5
DAT: 21 AA

Invite! Received @ 8:48 CT

IL resident
3.93 GPA, 3.9 sGPA
21 AA/25 PAT

I'm pretty sure they used your unofficial scores... idk, making excuses to make myself feel better lol.
Well I took my DAT July 31st and sent the unofficial to Brian, so i guess that may have jumpstarted the process. What are your stats? If you don't mind me asking.

For those who got invited, when did y'all apply?
My transcripts were delayed by three weeks, so my official finalized application wasn't submitted until late July.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you heard back from UIC yet?
Didn't apply to UIC because they require a bachelors degree before matriculation. Im currently a junior and just plan on leaving undergrad without a degree!

Woohoo I received an interview invite! I'm an OOS resident. Good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.