**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Both of these statements are true:
1) I got into medical school
2) I am currently eating salad with a spoon.
No joke I always eat salad with a spoon. It's so much easier to get all the smaller bits of salad goodies in one bite!

Other things I eat using a spoon: steak, bone-in fried chicken, bone-in fish, pork chops... actually I pretty much eat everything With a spoon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will add the caveat that I'm doing an mstp, but I start June 28 :eek: 5 weeks between graduation and matriculation is enough to relax right..

Reactions: 1 user
Both of these statements are true:
1) I got into medical school
2) I am currently eating salad with a spoon.
i have a funny story: i was hanging out with my friends and one of them was telling me how she only buys a certain drink at the market on "manager's special", like at a discount. so this particular friend owns her own store/business, so i go, "soooo, is it because you own your own business that you get this 'manager's special'?? how can i get it??" LOL, all my friends bust up laughing. they were all joking that when i move to the area i'm moving to for school, i'll be at the grocery store asking an employee "umm are you gonna have a med student special any time soon?" my other friend was like, sometimes i wonder how you got into med school...hahaha

but sue me, i still live at home, so i don't exactly grocery shop:angelic:

FvElsvK.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody here have any experience with Apple TV? I'm considering purchasing it for the new apartment.
I have one and I love it! Definitely a good purchase. I have Netflix HBO and Hulu all through it

I have one and I love it! Definitely a good purchase. I have Netflix HBO and Hulu all through it

Have the same! For three years now, never gets old, don't miss cable at all.

Plus Apple Music, YouTube, Pandora, and all my apps all in one play and connected to stereo system.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

+1 for Apple TV. Been using mine for 4 years now. Sometimes airplaying sucks though even with great wifi. Stutters or sound issues.

I've been thinking about trying out a chromecast since I do like playing movies on my laptop to my tv (including lectures)

I do wonder what the advantage is of getting an Apple TV vs a Roku. I guess if you've got all apple products and you have a lot of iTunes stuff it would be better, but other than that? I'm just curious. I use my PS4 for most of my streaming services and anything else that I don't have I use a pre-Apple TV version of the Roku.

I honestly don't even know what an Apple TV does.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just signed a lease, so knowing my luck I will get off the WL at my top choice in the next few weeks and have to deal with backing out lol

Reactions: 7 users
Haggled for a new (used) car today and ended up with an out the door price 30% less than the sticker price. :soexcited:

Reactions: 12 users
Actually going to look at some cars today. I'm making so many long term financial decisions this month. It's gross

Reactions: 11 users
LOLLLL me too. I signed up for basic cable
why tho?

Netflix is $5 a month and commercials are like not having Adblock while browsing the internet

Appletv/chromecast/roku all just allow Netflix/YouTube/iTunes/Spotify/random apps to work directly on your tv kinda like those "smart" tvs

Reactions: 1 users
I've been thinking about trying out a chromecast since I do like playing movies on my laptop to my tv (including lectures)

Its good for basic web browsing and word. If you are moving the mouse too fast you will notice sync issues.

Its good for basic web browsing and word. If you are moving the mouse too fast you will notice sync issues.
Do you get A/V lag when streaming videos to from your computer to tv? Or could you watch a movie pretty well?

+1 for Apple TV. Been using mine for 4 years now. Sometimes airplaying sucks though even with great wifi. Stutters or sound issues.

Which generation do you have? Never had an issue even when using my phone's hotspot instead of Wifi. I have the first generation in one of the bedrooms and the latest generation in the living room. When I upgraded from the 1st it was a whole new ball game.

1. I have an old laptop attached to my TV via HDMI, it's quick, I can watch whatever I want and never have any compatibility issues. I attached a 20dollar wireless keyboard. Netflix,Amazon, individual sites, hbo, everything works fine, I will sometimes watch the BBC by spoofing an IP address.

@freak7 what ride did you get? You should be stocking up on diapers !

What are you looking at?
My wife really likes the '13 Nissan Rogue, which is what I'm looking at today. It's a little pricey (15K), so I want to look at some cheaper options as well. 272/month doesn't seem like much now, but it will be.

My wife really likes the '13 Nissan Rogue, which is what I'm looking at today. It's a little pricey (15K), so I want to look at some cheaper options as well. 272/month doesn't seem like much now, but it will be.
Those svt transmissions are pretty sweet. I mean also keep in mind additional insurance.

I encourage you all to buy Volkswagen

Reactions: 1 users
Which generation do you have? Never had an issue even when using my phone's hotspot instead of Wifi. I have the first generation in one of the bedrooms and the latest generation in the living room. When I upgraded from the 1st it was a whole new ball game.

Ah maybe that's it- mines a second hand first generation and I'm confident it's not my wifi!

Hope I can pick up a new one eventually

I don't know how I'm going to afford a car ... Sucks that the schools I got into/waitlisted at aren't the most public transportation friendly schools ...

And I have one year left on my current lease so don't know how I'm going to deal with that ish too lololol

I don't know how I'm going to afford a car ... Sucks that the schools I got into/waitlisted at aren't the most public transportation friendly schools ...

And I have one year left on my current lease so don't know how I'm going to deal with that ish too lololol
A low price beater is always an option . Or another cheap lease.

So did anyone see the stuff about Harvard rescinding offers to incoming freshman because of some very disturbing meme threads in their class group?

I have a 2006 Honda Civic which has steadily been declining but in ways that mostly are inconvenient to me (air conditioning doesn't work and would be a $1k fix, sound system doesn't work, etc) but I know I'll have to stick with it through med school bc there's no way I can handle the monthly payments of a new(er) car. :/

Yeah car payments are not cool, way better to own even if it's a less than ideal car.

So did anyone see the stuff about Harvard rescinding offers to incoming freshman because of some very disturbing meme threads in their class group?

If you're going to share memes with strangers who will be your colleagues, you'd better be sure it isn't something that comes back to bite you.

Last edited:
Got another NYCPM email yesterday, should I go to the open house guys?
FullSizeRender.jpg

You probably should, their campus looks super inviting.