**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IKR? I'm giving myself until the end of this week and then I'm going to withdraw from my waitlists... Even when my waitlists are my top 2 schools :oops: Gotta get life going yknow.

.... or maybe I'll stay on for one more week. We'll see how I feel on Sunday :D
Same boat here! Glad I come across someone who's having the same dilemma haha.

I'm on two waitlists for schools I'd really like to attend (although I'm stoked about my current acceptance) but I'm getting antsy about the housing search and getting situated. Originally I told myself I'd wait until the end of May, but now I'm thinking about pushing it back to mid-June. Oh, the fun never ends with med admissions, that's for sure hah.

Good luck to you fellow wait-listers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeaaaaa I'm definitely feeling better about my housing options

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
IKR? I'm giving myself until the end of this week and then I'm going to withdraw from my waitlists... Even when my waitlists are my top 2 schools :oops: Gotta get life going yknow.

.... or maybe I'll stay on for one more week. We'll see how I feel on Sunday :D
yeah .. sucks that one of the schools I'm waiting on doesn't pull until mid/late-June ............

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have recommendations for Kansai region of Japan? I'm flying into Kansai airport (Osaka) for either 4 or 7 full days with 2 half days with 2 friends.
I've been to the temples in Nara, some sightseeing in Itami, and Himeji castle. I don't think I did anything in particular at Osaka or Kyoto city.

I just came back from a trip to Japan a couple of weeks ago. I would totally recommend the Monkey Park, Silver Pavilion, Bamboo Grove, Arashiyama area, and Fushimi Inari shrine. I would check out these Japan Guide suggested itineraries to find where to start! Kyoto Travel: Suggested Itineraries and Side Trips

Also I highly recommend Hafuu (in Kyoto) for a wagyu meal. Great first time experience for me!

Anybody have recommendations for Kansai region of Japan? I'm flying into Kansai airport (Osaka) for either 4 or 7 full days with 2 half days with 2 friends.
I've been to the temples in Nara, some sightseeing in Itami, and Himeji castle. I don't think I did anything in particular at Osaka or Kyoto city.
I was in the Kansai region for ~1 week last summer. You can PM me for more details, but I highly recommend staying at least one night in a Ryokan (traditional Japanese inn). It's expensive but totally worth it. Also Osaka has a lot to offer despite being less traveled than Tokyo. You could easily spend a few weeks there without running out of things to do.

yeah .. sucks that one of the schools I'm waiting on doesn't pull until mid/late-June ............

Oh geez that's a long wait :dead: Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get pulled in the first wave of acceptances!

Got pulled off the wait list a little more than a week ago. Officially joining this thread now :D

Reactions: 18 users
oh yeah oh yeah!:soexcited:
bustedtees.20b6fd77-5c5e-4a8c-a80d-c2d5eb2b.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
$1,000 a month WITH a roommate??
Yep and thats cheap. 1600 or 2000+ for singles. Which sucks because I wont be able to walk around naked while studying FA.
PS never barrow books from me.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep and thats cheap. 1600 or 2000+ for singles. Which sucks because I wont be able to walk around naked while studying FA.
PS never barrow books from me.
Or you just haven't found the right roommates :naughty::whistle::banana:

@lpp06 whats going on with you. did you get in?

Blast from the past! Thanks for asking, but that's a negative ghost rider.

Giving it another go though, so I will continue the 2021 legacy in 2022.

Reactions: 6 users
Blast from the past! Thanks for asking, but that's a negative ghost rider.

Giving it another go though, so I will continue the 2021 legacy in 2022.
I'm rooting for you!

Hahaha, thanks - keep posted for my WAMC come June 13 when I get my shiny new MCAT score

Got another NYCPM email yesterday, should I go to the open house guys?

Reactions: 5 users
I think I am going to give absurd answers and make up stuff for the amcas survey just to screw with the results.

Reactions: 8 users
I think I am going to give absurd answers and make up stuff for the amcas survey just to screw with the results.
Fight the absurdity of the app process with more absurdity. That'll show em

Fight the absurdity of the app process with more absurdity. That'll show em
Why yes I had 130 interviews. Why yes, I was accepted to 131 schools.

I mean I am an existentialist at heart.

No one has tried to recruit me for podiatry or DO schools, but I did get a reminder that the nursing school application was opening soon (never signed up for that...) and the usual Caribbean ones.

I really liked getting the AAMC survey email though... "Now that you have been accepted to medical school..."

Haven't got the survey email. Does it only go out to random people?

Haven't got the survey email. Does it only go out to random people?
I only got it an hour or so ago. They mentioned the purpose as "helping your school.." so it could be random, or triggered by the schools, or a slow roll out, or once you've correctly and succinctly described the meaning of life. Hard to tell.

I only got it an hour or so ago. They mentioned the purpose as "helping your school.." so it could be random, or triggered by the schools, or a slow roll out, or once you've correctly and succinctly described the meaning of life. Hard to tell.
What meaning did you come up with?

So... It appears that I am losing my job 3 weeks earlier than planned. Got off the WL about 1 week after I sent in my resignation letter, and now the company is forcing me to stick to that date.
There's a lesson for us all. Never tell them you're leaving until 2 weeks before. Or else you get f*&#ed.

So... It appears that I am losing my job 3 weeks earlier than planned. Got off the WL about 1 week after I sent in my resignation letter, and now the company is forcing me to stick to that date.
There's a lesson for us all. Never tell them you're leaving until 2 weeks before. Or else you get f*&#ed.
That sucks.

That sucks.
I've worked at this place for about 3 years, and they do this. I'm so angry about it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll enjoy having 3 weeks off before school starts. Hell, we should just move up early.

Reactions: 4 users
I've worked at this place for about 3 years, and they do this. I'm so angry about it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll enjoy having 3 weeks off before school starts. Hell, we should just move up early.
Yeah, there is no loyalty from employers in this day and age, employees do not need to display any either. It's stuff like this that makes me want to go into private practice.

Yeah, there is no loyalty from employers in this day and age, employees do not need to display any either. It's stuff like this that makes me want to go into private practice.
Well, it's officially time to phone it in for the rest of the month.

Omg... SDN today.

1q5hjx.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Am I URM? My parents are Mexican, I speak Spanish.. but I'm not sure. I don't regurlarly eat tacos, what do you think??
did you have a quinceanera ? If yes then go ahead. If not I would apply DO.

Reactions: 3 users
Hahaha, thanks - keep posted for my WAMC come June 13 when I get my shiny new MCAT score
Your resilience is motherclucking inspiring. I truly mean that.

"Do not go gentle into that good night."

Me looking at dem post-bac program emails from schools that rejected me...
SmartSelectImage_2017-06-02-00-17-32.png

Reactions: 10 users
When does everyone's orientations start? Late August fam right here

Middle of July for me too. It's getting real