2017 **Official Case Western Reserve Univ School of Dental Medicine DMD 2021 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spring availability survey is now closed, and followup communication to non-respondents on withdrawing their files will be forthcoming.

Hi Dr. Chuck,

I did not receive a rejection email (no interview) on Dec 1st nor a Spring availability survey email.
Is there still a chance for a post-Dec interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Dr. Chuck,

I did not receive a rejection email (no interview) on Dec 1st nor a Spring availability survey email.
Is there still a chance for a post-Dec interview?

Since I cannot tell based on an avatar name. You're still in the running if you haven't gotten a rejection email yet. If your application is still awaiting information to be complete and begin the screening process, you will NOT have received a survey. Also those applications that were just ready for screening really recently probably didn't get a survey either.

Reactions: 2 users
Since I cannot tell based on an avatar name. You're still in the running if you haven't gotten a rejection email yet. If your application is still awaiting information to be complete and begin the screening process, you will NOT have received a survey. Also those applications that were just ready for screening really recently probably didn't get a survey either.

I completed the survey but did not receive an interview invite as others did. Will more be extended from the pool of survey takers later on?

I completed the survey but did not receive an interview invite as others did. Will more be extended from the pool of survey takers later on?

We don't finish interviewing until late March or early April. No, we're not done extending invitations.

Thank you for the update.
How do we know if our application is in the screening process? I re-took my DAT in October and my application was mailed out end of October.

Thank you for the update.

How do we know if our application is in the screening process? I re-took my DAT in October and my application was mailed out end of October.

We email you when we receive all of your materials to begin screening your application. I think it's in the Prezi presentation about our process.

Someone stole My avatar how sad!

Received a rejection Dec 1st.... sucks!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
my very first post, a bit off the topic, just want to show my surprise on how fast Dr. Chuck responds to my email ... 15 mins considering how busy he is as the director of admissions office .... so love Case Western now ...

my very first post, a bit off the topic, just want to show my surprise on how fast Dr. Chuck responds to my email ... 15 mins considering how busy he is as the director of admissions office .... so love Case Western now ...
wow, never received an email back from him EVER and i'm talking initial e-mails in July hehe

I also got the email, hoping I have the chance to get an interview.

I know right? Couldn't believe it at first but was a nice email to wake up to on a Sunday morning.
Congratulation! Hoping I would be able to enjoy the similar filling though I submitted my survey on Dec.1.

... just wonder if anyone got interviewed by Dr. Chuck... I really want to meet him in person, I have a feeling that he is a very caring person considering he is the only director who answers questions in sdn...

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you here applied for Case Western from previous cycles, received the invite for Spring interview but was not offered an interview?
I received the invite for Spring interview survey Dec 1st, filled it out a couple hours after I received it. Was wondering what my chances are of being offered an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you here applied for Case Western from previous cycles, received the invite for Spring interview but was not offered an interview?
I received the invite for Spring interview survey Dec 1st, filled it out a couple hours after I received it. Was wondering what my chances are of being offered an interview.

No one knows the chances because there's no statistics on that, but judging from the confirmation email I got after filling out the survey, it is no guarantee that you will get an interview. It's simply a way for Case to weed out the people who are no longer interested in applying or have gotten into a different school that they'd rather go to.

No one knows the chances because there's no statistics on that, but judging from the confirmation email I got after filling out the survey, it is no guarantee that you will get an interview. It's simply a way for Case to weed out the people who are no longer interested in applying or have gotten into a different school that they'd rather go to.
I didn't get a confirmation email from them after I submitted... was I supposed to?

I didn't get a confirmation email from them after I submitted... was I supposed to?
I got the confirmation email on Dec 7th. I'm not sure. When did you submit yours?

I see. I guess that is a good way to go at it.

I know that Case Western offers scholarships based upon academic merit. Have these already been sent out or will they be given closer to July 2017?

I know that Case Western offers scholarships based upon academic merit. Have these already been sent out or will they be given closer to July 2017?

I was told they have already been sent out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

CWRU offers scholarships?

Anyone got more information about this?
I am a student here and I am clueless about this.

CWRU offers scholarships?

Anyone got more information about this?
I remember the financial aid representative discussing it during my interview! Also, there is some information about it online on their website.

@dentalgirl27 I didn't get a confirmation email either but got the interview invitation so don't stress too much :)

any news guys on when more invites will be sent out?

Reactions: 1 users
I received the email in December asking if I still want to be considered for a spring interview. I also mentioned that I would update my work experience and add a letter of recommendation but I haven't been able to figure out where to upload the letter and how to update my experiences. I tried to do it through AADSAS but it seemed that it would only allow an academic update. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should send this information to?

I was wondering when the first interview is/was given out if I got the spring interview availability survey on dec.1st.
Thanks!

NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY FOR PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS (Boston)

Health Professions Advisors and strongly interested predental students in the Boston and surrounding area are invited to a reception to meet the Dean and alumni from Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine at the upcoming Yankee Dental Congress in Boston. This attire is business casual and meant to help advisors and future students learn more about the unique characteristics of our dental program as well as the University's update on the new interprofessional health education campus and curricular initiatives from our perspective. This is a great opportunity for advisors to learn about the career of dentistry and its challenges from our alumni and staff. Finally, we are celebrating our 125th anniversary for the founding of the School of Dental Medicine.

We have limited capacity, and you do not need to be registered for the conference to attend. You may bring one guest with you.

While the Office of Admissions and Office of Alumni Affairs have collaborated on these joint receptions over the years, this is the first time we are inviting health professions advisors to our reception.

Please share this information with members of the Boston area who work closely with predental students, including those directing postbac programs.

Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prospective-students-boston-reception-tickets-30848477627 .

[There are two additional receptions that are also being scheduled later in the winter in Chicago and Atlanta. Details to be posted soon.]

Status
Not open for further replies.