2017 **Official Case Western Reserve Univ School of Dental Medicine DMD 2021 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got rejection email. Email was a bit long and sounded kinda harsh imo.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive an email??

Yeah, I just received the e-mail a few minutes ago. Reads "Deny interview" right in the subject line. They sure know how to cut to the chase :p

Yeah, I just received the e-mail a few minutes ago. Reads "Deny interview" right in the subject line.
Thanks, sorry to hear that! I haven't heard anything from this school yet so I'm hoping for an interview

Thanks, sorry to hear that! I haven't heard anything from this school yet so I'm hoping for an interview

If you haven't heard anything for now, then I would assume you still have a chance :) I wish you luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email asking if I was still interested in an interview. 72 hours to reply. It would be my 7th, but I am considering it.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the Spring Interview availability survey email! More MOTIVATION Huge CONGRATS to all those that get accepted tonight! Those that didn't your time will come, never give up, take a deep breath and
ImageUploadedBySDN1480569881.141001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Did those that get rejected just now interview already or is just those without interviews getting that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email asking if I was still interested in an interview. 72 hours to reply. It would be my 7th, but I am considering it.

CWRU is awesome from what I hear. That's why I'm waiting for an interview.

What's the difference between "deny interview" and "rejected"?

What's the difference between "deny interview" and "rejected"?
"Deny interview" means that the admissions committee did not advance your file to be invited to interview. The term "rejected" is used for those whom the admissions committee has interviewed and decided to reject. (So the short answer: if you were invited to interview or not.)

"Deny interview" means that the admissions committee did not advance your file to be invited to interview. The term "rejected" is used for those whom the admissions committee has interviewed and decided to reject. (So the short answer: if you were invited to interview or not.)
What if someone hasn't received anything yet. No rejection, no denied interview, no interview...?

Do schools send out emails in specific groups? I always thought you emails would go out all at one time.

I can only say I don't coordinate when I send my emails out with other schools, nor do I know how they send out emails. But I always have a big fear that the mailing server for ADEA AADSAS -- while I am sure it has a very large capacity to send tens of thousands of emails out -- could melt down because of the large volume if we all sent out our emails at once. The proverbial "flush the toilet during the Super Bowl" problem.

Reactions: 3 users
I received the "Spring interview availability survey" and filled it out. When exactly would we know the date of our interview? Thank you!

I also got the Spring interview survey... interesting. I wonder how many spots are still open and how many spring interviews they hand out.

I also got the Spring interview survey... interesting. I wonder how many spots are still open and how many spring interviews they hand out.

Got one too. Wonder if it's sent to everyone who hasn't received an interview from there or not

Just got a preliminary offer of acceptance!!!!!!!! So happy!!

Accepted!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congratulations guys! I'm going to fill out this Spring Interview survey.

To those extended offers: The formal offer letter with response forms has been emailed. It is in HTML format, so I hope it is legible. I encourage you to join the class Facebook page. If you have not received it within the hour (by 10:00 am ET), please let me know (email).

To those extended offers: The formal offer letter with response forms has been emailed. It is in HTML format, so I hope it is legible. I encourage you to join the class Facebook page. If you have not received it within the hour (by 10:00 am ET), please let me know (email).
I joined!! This is one of the happiest days of my life! Hahah:soexcited::highfive:

Accepted. Thank you Case

Is the Spring Interview availability an invitation for an interview or just the statement that there is the possibility of an interview in the spring?

Spring interview availability survey. Can someone explain this?

Spring interview availability survey. Can someone explain this?
I interpret it as Case asking if you still want to be considered for a post-December interview. Some people may have gotten accepted to other schools on December 1st and still not heard back from Case for an interview. The survey gives those acceptees the chance to formally withdraw their application from Case, giving other people the opportunity to interview and ultimately accepted

@casedentalmed are there still a lot of spots in the class to be filled with post-December interviewers? Or has the class mostly been filled?

@casedentalmed are there still a lot of spots in the class to be filled with post-December interviewers? Or has the class mostly been filled?

We never consider the class full until we evaluate things in April (the one-deposit rule in the Traffic Rules), and we always anticipate that we don't fill the class with our December 1 offers. The number of available people and the number of received/active deposits dictate how we will schedule upcoming interviews in the spring semester. I think it's mentioned in the Prezi presentation.

Are there going to be more spring interview surveys sent out soon to those that didn't hear anything yet?

Got interview invitation this morning! So excited to visit Case!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.