2017 **Official Case Western Reserve Univ School of Dental Medicine DMD 2021 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interviews on September 28th (Wednesday) wanna share a hotel room with 2 double bed in La Quinta Inn? Message me, if interested. Girls only.

Members don't see this ad :)
When will Case Western send another round of invites? I feel like we're due soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what kinds of questions they might ask for the interview essays? It says that they ask you to write during the interview day.
Don't have an interview here, but typically it's frowned upon for someone to answer that - especially when the thread creator/mod is the director of admissions

I had my interview yesterday, 9-8-16. It was a great experience and I had a lot of fun meeting everyone! A little tip for future interviewees just relax! Everyone makes you feel at home and it is a very low stress interview process so just be yourself. I hope I hear back from them Dec. 1 :biglove:. GOOD LUCK everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't have an interview here, but typically it's frowned upon for someone to answer that - especially when the thread creator/mod is the director of admissions
You are correct, after reading the invitation carefully, I noticed that we are not suppose to discuss anything regarding the admissions process, I have deleted my posts. I have heard that Case Western is an incredible school.

Got an interview invite Thursday!
I'm planning on flying out right after. Does anyone know if we can bring our luggage and have it kept at the office while we interview?

Got an interview invite Thursday!
I'm planning on flying out right after. Does anyone know if we can bring our luggage and have it kept at the office while we interview?
As long as it isn't a ton of luggage I don't see why not. They are very friendly and accommodating.

Hey Everyone!

If there are any females (sorry boys) that have an interview coming up at CWRU SODM and need a place to stay, I have an extra twin bed in my room. I am a female graduate student at Case and I am currently applying this cycle as well. I can drive you to and from the airport, grocery store/restaurants and to and from your interview (I live two miles from campus). I would charge $100 a night and that would include the transportation. Let me know!

Last edited:
Can anyone who has received an interview invite tell me how long it took for them to get notified after getting the "ready for screening" email?

No more than 2 weeks from the time I got the long email about app being complete they can't answer any questions about your status etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I got an invitation last night......................to an alumni-hosted dinner for prospective students -_- biggest tease of my life lmao

Hahah that one made me laugh a little out loud in the library :laugh:. Best of luck to everyone and hope we all score an interview, and stay optimistic!

I had been having some technical issues regarding the uploading of my DAT a couple weeks ago, so I decided to call Case to see whether someone could help me out and let me know it has been received. The staff there is seriously THE sweetest staff I have ever come across. They were so kind and willing to help me out and told me that interviews are sent out on a monthly basis. However, does anyone have an idea as to when they will be conducting interviews in October? Just wondering since September is almost over!

Thank you in advance!

Is a flight leaving at 5pm cutting it too close?
I think they will work with you if you have to leave. But I probably left around 3:00pm. It takes awhile to navigate through Cleveland and the airport is not close to the school (took me about 25 minutes to get there, and that was sans traffic at 5am). So if you want to get the full experience and information, I would choose a later flight.

Patiently waiting.

Yeah, if you are taking the train, it takes 45min-1 hr to get to the airport (can't remember exactly). I would say leave a later if possible. I left around 5:45
Good look with the interview! CASE was awesome!

Just wondering, how is the area around the campus? Is it in a bad part of Cleveland?

Just wondering, how is the area around the campus? Is it in a bad part of Cleveland?
I didn't think so. I walked around by myself for a bit after the interview - walked around campus and around Little Italy. I felt safe. There are patches of Cleveland you wouldn't want to go in, but campus felt safe to me.

Yea I have been there a few times, the area around the school is actually really nice. Theres a bunch of places to eat and all that other good stuff too. And I'd say its very safe.

Does anyone know when the next round of interview invites will come out?

Wondering the same thing.
Does anyone know when the next round of interview invites will come out?
I actually contacted them on 9/20 or so with the same question (because that was when the status of app was changed to complete on aadsas) and they said that they most likely wouldn't be offering any more pre-dec interview dates because they were pretty much full:( idk if this was just towards me because it took a little while for my app to be complete (I was waiting for my DAT to be updated). But this should give you an idea of where you stand. They did tell me though that a post-dec interview really doesn't rule you out for acceptance because they do interview up until April. A friend of mine actually goes there now and she said a bunch of her classmates received post-dec interviews. Hope this helps! p.s I'm an OOS student, not sure if that matters or not

Anyone got their aadsas status changed to under review for case?

I'm having trouble understanding this. Do we make one PDF on why CWRU and another PDF with any other information I want to include like manual dexterity or is it one PDF for everything?

I'm having trouble understanding this. Do we make one PDF on why CWRU and another PDF with any other information I want to include like manual dexterity or is it one PDF for everything?
One for everything.

Does anyone know when they stop giving out interviews?

Does anyone know when they stop giving out interviews?

Dr. Chuck said they interview until April, and that they don't fill their class on Dec. 1 in order to conduct post-Dec interviews. They interview about ~300 people total.

Reactions: 1 users
Dr. Chuck said they interview until April, and that they don't fill their class on Dec. 1 in order to conduct post-Dec interviews. They interview about ~300 people total.
I think I mention our general timeline on the Prezi presentation. There is a link in post #1 of this thread.

Sent from my SM-G900P using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if Case grant post-december interviews to OS applicants ?

Status
Not open for further replies.