*** Official BU Henry M Goldman Dental School C/O 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This morning at 11:32am. They sent another one right after that said to check spam or junk folder!
Did your status change from "Invited to interview" to "Under Review" before you received your acceptance?

Anyone else from the 1/24 interview group still waiting to hear back?
I interviewed on the 23rd and still haven't heard back yet :/

For those of you who were accepted, did your status change on AADSAS?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting to get invited for interview from this school?

Reactions: 6 users
Did your status change from "Invited to interview" to "Under Review" before you received your acceptance?
I'm n0t 100% sure but I believe it stayed "Invited to interview" and then changed to "Offer made"

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the interview until? I am trying to figure out how long I should anticipate waiting for a response from my interview.
not sure but word around the building is they interview into march

Reactions: 1 users
My suggestion it apply for grad student housing. So much cheaper!
Is graduate housing relatively close to school, or does it depend?

Also, what would a rough estimate for BU housing be with a roommate (or two)? And is it feasible to get grad student housing around this time of year? (Haven't heard back yet after my interview.)

Also, what would a rough estimate for BU housing be with a roommate (or two)? And is it feasible to get grad student housing around this time of year? (Haven't heard back yet after my interview.)

Depends where you end up. They have one that's walkable and in a nice busy area in back bay. The other one is at bu main campus in which case you have to take the BU shuttle everyday.

I think there's a lottery that you enter and then you get grad housing depending on the start of the semester? I'll ask my co resident who are in grad housing for more info tomorrow to make sure.

From what I hear you can get a single apartment or get a dorm type where you get your own room but share a common area with someone. Also it is not co ed.

Depends where you end up. They have one that's walkable and in a nice busy area in back bay. The other one is at bu main campus in which case you have to take the BU shuttle everyday.

I think there's a lottery that you enter and then you get grad housing depending on the start of the semester? I'll ask my co resident who are in grad housing for more info tomorrow to make sure.

From what I hear you can get a single apartment or get a dorm type where you get your own room but share a common area with someone. Also it is not co ed.
Cool sounds good. Thank you for all your help, as always!

Has anyone heard back this week yet?

So grad housing, you apply on the website. And then they respond to you to say your number X on a wait list. Then they send you a list to of the available options and you rank them.

Good thing is, free heat and free internet

So grad housing, you apply on the website. And then they respond to you to say your number X on a wait list. Then they send you a list to of the available options and you rank them.

Good thing is, free heat and free internet
The website says "BU Housing is no longer accepting applications from graduate students for on-campus dormitory-style housing" :bang:

Aww snap. Sorry. Keep checking it maybe it will open

does anyone know the last day of interview at BU?

I'm not sure, but I think they were interviewing for the AS students today.

Has any Canadian applicants received an invitation/acceptance/rejection from BU?

Just declined my acceptance! It was hard since it was my first acceptance... :shifty:

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 1/31 and was accepted 2/7.
So your deposit at BU would have been due tomorrow, right (per the 15 day rule)? Does BU require you to email them before you mail the actual deposit check?

Thank you for answering my barrage of questions haha! I'm just wondering when I should expect to hear back from BU...

I don't recommend living at BU housing. All my friends that are there want to move out. It's pretty expensive relative to what you get and not super convenient to the school. There's lots of cheap housing around Mass Ave and Fenway (further out). Most people live within walking distance.

Depends on where and how nice of a place you want, but ~$800/person is doable. It might be tough to get a lease this early out.

So your deposit at BU would have been due tomorrow, right (per the 15 day rule)? Does BU require you to email them before you mail the actual deposit check?

Thank you for answering my barrage of questions haha! I'm just wondering when I should expect to hear back from BU...
You'll get all the info you need about how to accept in your acceptance email/letter, assuming you are admitted.

Haha no problem. The due date was February 22nd so Wednesday and I don't think so. They just ask you to print out a confirmation form and mail that in with a check!

For the financial declaration, are we supposed to show funding for the first year or all of them?