***Official ASDOH Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfb22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I haven't seen a thread started for the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health for this application cycle yet. Feel free to post any information/questions/updates on here. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

When the supplemental asks: Why did you participate in the volunteer activities you listed in the Clinical, Volunteer and Community Service section of your AADSAS application? What did you gain from participating in these activities?

If you already answered this in the app in the description box, do you just copy and paste or talk about another reason why you participated/gained from those activities?

Members don't see this ad :)
When the supplemental asks: Why did you participate in the volunteer activities you listed in the Clinical, Volunteer and Community Service section of your AADSAS application? What did you gain from participating in these activities?

If you already answered this in the app in the description box, do you just copy and paste or talk about another reason why you participated/gained from those activities?
Not quite sure what you're asking.

The application on AADSAS asked more for a description & the role that you had in the service. The ASDOH supplemental is basically asking for what made you interested in volunteering or what made you continue to volunteer, etc. They're big on service so take it as an opportunity to talk about how meaningful those opportunities were or how they fueled your passion for dentistry.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The application on AADSAS asked more for a description & the role that you had in the service. The ASDOH supplemental is basically asking for what made you interested in volunteering or what made you continue to volunteer, etc. They're big on service so take it as an opportunity to talk about how meaningful those opportunities were or how they fueled your passion for dentistry.

Got it, thank you so much!

Really looking forward to interviewing here, I had the privilege of interviewing last year

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take for them to send the supplemental application?

How long does it take for them to send the supplemental application?

It took about a week for them to send me it. It's on a portal system though, so maybe you could try to find a link and get a head start because it's a little lengthy.

Hi guys, I'm having trouble filling out the Clinical, Volunteer and Community Service section of the secondary application. I don't have any paid experience or any experience that isn't shadowing or observation, how do I complete the page then? I've tried putting N/A into the experience fields and adding them but it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi guys, I'm having trouble filling out the Clinical, Volunteer and Community Service section of the secondary application. I don't have any paid experience or any experience that isn't shadowing or observation, how do I complete the page then? I've tried putting N/A into the experience fields and adding them but it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
It's annoying because even if you don't have a paid experience you still have to add something. I just put in N/A and then where it asks "the days you started and ended" just put today's date for both or something

Just submitted a couple days ago! Anyone know when they will start giving out interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted a couple days ago! Anyone know when they will start giving out interviews?
I got an email from the Office of Diversity with a congratulations on submitting my secondary (sent June 17th) and ended with "interviews are right around the corner." That was July 17th.

Reactions: 1 user
It's annoying because even if you don't have a paid experience you still have to add something. I just put in N/A and then where it asks "the days you started and ended" just put today's date for both or something
Oh thank you man, I tried putting N/A in every field and 0 for the hours but it was just the date that was messing it up. Appreciate it and good luck!

I got an email from the Office of Diversity with a congratulations on submitting my secondary (sent June 17th) and ended with "interviews are right around the corner." That was July 17th.

Oh thank you man, I tried putting N/A in every field and 0 for the hours but it was just the date that was messing it up. Appreciate it and good luck!

Hey guys, for the Clinical Experience section in the secondary, did you come up with new descriptions for your activities? Would it be bad to copy and paste what you wrote on AADSAS for the description?

Hey guys, for the Clinical Experience section in the secondary, did you come up with new descriptions for your activities? Would it be bad to copy and paste what you wrote on AADSAS for the description?
I would reword it a little. You don't want them thinking that you are not taking their questions seriously even though it does not make sense why they are asking whats already on the AADSAS app lol

Did you get automatically accepted or where you on the waitlist? Did you interview with Dr porter ?
No waitlist, but I interviewed in late Jan. No. About 3 people that interviewed the same day are in my class.

Does everyone applying have a letter of rec from a volunteer/service supervisor? Do you know the criteria for this particular letter of rec?

Hey guys, on the supplemental under "Clinical Experience" where it just tells us to list all your activities, are you putting anything different than was on AADSAS?

I know this was on their last year's app, but before, AADSAS only gave 175 characters, so it was good to expand, but now with 600 characters on AADSAS, I feel like mostly everything is already explained.

Did you guys just copy and paste?

Hey guys, on the supplemental under "Clinical Experience" where it just tells us to list all your activities, are you putting anything different than was on AADSAS?

I know this was on their last year's app, but before, AADSAS only gave 175 characters, so it was good to expand, but now with 600 characters on AADSAS, I feel like mostly everything is already explained.

Did you guys just copy and paste?
I pretty much reworded mine and took this chance to go more in depth with my experiences. I was also advised mot to copy and paste from my friend who is a d2 at the school.

I pretty much reworded mine and took this chance to go more in depth with my experiences. I was also advised mot to copy and paste from my friend who is a d2 at the school.

Thank you. Worth noting tho that when he applied, AADSAS has less than a third of the room to write, so it is definitely different now

Does everyone applying have a letter of rec from a volunteer/service supervisor? Do you know the criteria for this particular letter of rec?
To be honest they are not good at explaining what they want. I submitted a letter from someone who watched my do community service over the years and they emailed me saying that is not what they are looking for. I called and told her I followed exactly what they wanted and then she submitted my app to the committee.

What are the min stats required to apply? Is there a chance with 17AA?

What are the min stats required to apply? Is there a chance with 17AA?

There's a chance. I think the biggest thing with them is community service. If you excel in that area maybe it'll help you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 9.32.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 9.32.04 PM.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: 3 users
When it asks for an end date under clinical experience there's no option that it's a current experience, what date did you guys input?

When it asks for an end date under clinical experience there's no option that it's a current experience, what date did you guys input?
I just put my expected end date.

is anyone running into problems with getting a letter of recommendation from a dentist?

is anyone running into problems with getting a letter of recommendation from a dentist?
Nah i was fortunate enough that my dentist wrote the rec letter on the same day AADAS requested one from him. Is your dentist taking his/her time with it?

Has anyone's status changed on AADSAS for this school? Mine still says "none."

Has anyone's status changed on AADSAS for this school? Mine still says "none."

No worries, you are not alone! Mine says the same thing and I have had my supplemental fee paid for about 2 weeks now. Best of luck!

Just want to get it right: you apply on aadsas application and then wait for the supplemental email and then pay the required fee?

Correct! I'm sure you know, but you have to pay for the AADSAS application and ASDOH does require a supplemental application that takes some work. Best of luck.
Yea I already payed the aadsas fee since I applied to one school but I just wanted to make sure how the supplemental works. Thank you!

Does anyone know the volunteer requirement for them or the average number of hours for accepted students?

So with 200 or so hours, it's unlikely to be accepted? Is it worth applying?
It is highly unlikely but you honestly never know... I've seen people with 3.2 GPA into columbia and UofP, I've seen people with 17 AA get into OU dental. I've seen crazy things and your situation is probably the least craziest.

Interview #4

School: ASDOH
Notification date: 8/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/21/22/(none below 17)

Also, if it matters to anyone, I have 2000+ volunteer hours (took a gap year of service)

Congrats! That is so awesome! I know this is an ASDOH thread but do you mind me asking what other schools you got interviews from? Thanks!

Thank you! Yeah, a couple others have asked me the same question. (I'm guessing because my stats are average haha.) I have interviews at Midwestern AZ, UNLV, ASDOH, and UCSF. Still waiting on 12 more..lol

Hello Everyone!

I received an interview invite on Monday, 8/15. I was wondering if current D1 or reapplicants from last cycle could give some tips on the interview process at ASDOH. Anything would help!

I paid my supplemental fee and finished my supplemental app on Aug 9th and I still have "none" under my adsas status. Is that normal? How long will it take for them to process everything?

Interview #3

School: ASDOH
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19
Application complete date: 6/03
GPA (science, overall) 3.40,3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21/ TS 21/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ none below 17

What are the interview date options?

(I might need to reschedule-- gonna be in AZ for Midwestern and from a financial standpoint I don't think it's best to fly to AZ twice within a two week span)

Hello guys,
Is there an email where we can send the community service LoR to?

Can we use interfolio to send it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.