*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Work/Activities Tips Thread 2017-2018*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I agree that when an activity is universally understood, there is no need to describe your role, like showing, waitperson, or tutor. A Ronald McDonald House role might vary from place to place.

You might elect to use any extra space to mention impact, insights, or future direction. Or, you can just keep it succinct if you've said all you need to say.

2) I agree with you that there's no reason to repeat information within the same experience entry. You could add info like class size, topics you covered, organizational necessities, if pertinent, even a brief anecdote or tale of amazing success, etc.

Thank you! In regards to #1 I meant moreso the function or mission of the activity, rather than my specific role in it. So, using research as an example, "the goal of X Lab is to blah blah blah) and then go into what I specifically did. Is what you replied still consistent with that?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! In regards to #1 I meant moreso the function or mission of the activity, rather than my specific role in it. So, using research as an example, "the goal of X Lab is to blah blah blah) and then go into what I specifically did. Is what you replied still consistent with that?
After you hit the reply button, but before your response appeared, I amended my post slightly to cover your concern. Everyone knows the purpose of Ronald McDonald House, so no need to explain.

As far as a lab position, you will have to explain your project somewhat. And your role. But no need to describe what "running a gel" or entering data extracted from a chart means.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello again @Catalystik! I've essentially finalized my list, and was hoping you could comment.
  1. *Research: “Glycobiology/Biochemistry Research"
  2. Physician Shadowing: “Physician Shadowing”
  3. *Extracurricular Activities: “Martial Arts Student, Lead Instructor, and Organizer"
  4. Paid Employment-Clinical: "Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA)"
  5. Paid Employment-Nonclinical: “Server at Olive Garden"
  6. Presentations/Posters: “Poster Presentations and 3MT Competition" (I explain what "3MT" is in the description)
  7. Honors/Awards/Recognitions: "Academic and Athletic Awards"
  8. Presentations/Posters: “Philosophical Conference Presentation”
  9. *Other: “Himalayan Medical and Anthropological Global Health"
  10. Community Service/Volunteering-Nonclinical: "STEM Tutor"
  11. Leadership: “President and Vice President of Secular Organization"
  12. Other: “Panel Debate: Creation vs. Evolution"
  13. Community Service/Volunteering-Clinical: "Hospice and Cancer Center Volunteer"
  14. Leadership: "President and Vice President of Philosophy Organization"
I have four questions:
  • Are any of these redundant?
  • Are the titles okay?
  • #9 was both medical and non-medical volunteering, and included other activities as well, so I figured it would be best categorized as "other." (I detail the experience in the description.
  • #6 includes my posters and one competition, all related to my research experience. Am I correct in separating them out? I give a short description of my research in the first box, then add details on techniques used, and sprinkle in some reflection in the MM box.
(*Most Meaningful)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it acceptable to have 2 most meaningful activities instead of 3, with both being entirely unrelated to medicine? I attempted to write a third one, but it felt like embellishment.

Hi everyone
I posted this on the official 2018 AMCAS questions thread but I didn't get a response.
I just have these couple questions:

1) Regarding the activities section, if I volunteered at two different hospitals at different years,do I make two entries for both? Or can they both go under one entry (if so, which contact info should I put for reference?)

2) Regarding poster presentations, I was in research lab at community college and then in another one when I transferred. I have poster presentations from both labs. What is the best way to list this? (The research and posters)
Thank you.

3) If I'm listing a physician I shadowed as an author, do I put his home address or the hospital's address?
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello! I am not sure how to best categorize this experience... For approx. 120 hours over the past academic year I was a "Clinical Research Associate" in an Emergency Dept. It was technically an internship program, where I recruited and enrolled patients in various studies, however I was not paid - I wore a "volunteer" badge to access the ER. I initially placed it under "Research" but now I am considering classifying it as "Clinical Volunteering". Thoughts?

As far as leadership experiences go is it necessary for them to have their own section. My issue is I've had a job and a volunteer activity in which I eventually earned a leadership role. Is it best to just mention this in the section for the job and volunteer activity or should it be explicitly labeled in a separate leadership section?

Quick question, not to sure if it's been asked already. If I have a Poster/presentation slot where I presented at a national conference and was second author of another poster presented, I don't need to reiterate the what the research was if I already have an "Undergraduate Research" section correct? I was planning on starting it off with "Research that was conducted under XX was presented at XXXX" and then list the name of the posters and abstracts.

Art has been a hobby of mine since I was in elementary school, and I even submitted some pieces for competitions while in high school. I won 2nd, 3rd, and 2 honorable mentions while in high school, however I have not sent any pieces for competitions since I started college. Most of my art that I did in college was just for my own pleasure, and only recently (my 4th year in college) I started doing commission pieces.
Even though I have continued my hobby, the competitions did stop after high school. Should I not mention these awards when including my hobby in the activities section?

Hello again @Catalystik! I've essentially finalized my list, and was hoping you could comment.
  1. *Research: “Glycobiology/Biochemistry Research"
  2. Physician Shadowing: “Physician Shadowing”
  3. *Extracurricular Activities: “Martial Arts Student, Lead Instructor, and Organizer"
  4. Paid Employment-Clinical: "Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA)"
  5. Paid Employment-Nonclinical: “Server at Olive Garden"
  6. Presentations/Posters: “Poster Presentations and 3MT Competition" (I explain what "3MT" is in the description)
  7. Honors/Awards/Recognitions: "Academic and Athletic Awards"
  8. Presentations/Posters: “Philosophical Conference Presentation”
  9. *Other: “Himalayan Medical and Anthropological Global Health"
  10. Community Service/Volunteering-Nonclinical: "STEM Tutor"
  11. Leadership: “President and Vice President of Secular Organization"
  12. Other: “Panel Debate: Creation vs. Evolution"
  13. Community Service/Volunteering-Clinical: "Hospice and Cancer Center Volunteer"
  14. Leadership: "President and Vice President of Philosophy Organization"
I have four questions:
  • Are any of these redundant?
  • Are the titles okay?
  • #9 was both medical and non-medical volunteering, and included other activities as well, so I figured it would be best categorized as "other." (I detail the experience in the description.
  • #6 includes my posters and one competition, all related to my research experience. Am I correct in separating them out? I give a short description of my research in the first box, then add details on techniques used, and sprinkle in some reflection in the MM box.
(*Most Meaningful)
1) Looks fine.
2) ditto
3) I agree. The title you pick could suggest the relevant categories within.
4) That sounds fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it acceptable to have 2 most meaningful activities instead of 3, with both being entirely unrelated to medicine? I attempted to write a third one, but it felt like embellishment.
Yes. It won't look "bad." As you use the space to describe those activities' impact and insights gained, you will no doubt touch on aspects that are desirable in a candidate for med school.

I have the same question as BoogyChick...I did competitions for short fiction writing in high school and won 1-2 awards every year, but did not compete in anything after entering college. I still write generously, but only in personal journals. Another hobby of mine is beauty - when I want to relax I play with makeup and watch "beauty guru" videos on youtube. I'm not in any way a professional, though, and don't get thousands of likes on my instagram/twitter/etc. Should I bother mentioning either of these hobbies even though they don't have any tangible products that I could show off?

I don't want adcoms to think I'm just a pre-med freak who does nothing outside of school...I also religiously go to the gym 5 days a week to relax but I doubt they would care for that :thinking:

EDIT EDIT My second question was just answered!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just have these couple questions:

1) Regarding the activities section, if I volunteered at two different hospitals at different years,do I make two entries for both? Or can they both go under one entry (if so, which contact info should I put for reference?)

2) Regarding poster presentations, I was in research lab at community college and then in another one when I transferred. I have poster presentations from both labs. What is the best way to list this? (The research and posters)

3) If I'm listing a physician I shadowed as an author, do I put his home address or the hospital's address?
1) Ideally they'd both have their own space, but if you've run out of slots, grouping is fine, but all the header for the first must also be entered in the narrative box for the second. Each has its own date span, hours, contact, location, etc.

2) Ideally you'd have four spaces, but you could get by with three if all posters are grouped in one spot, or two if posters are mentioned in the space with the Research. Read item 20 in post #2 for more ideas that help condense what you write.

3) A professional phone # or email is more appropriate.

Hello! I am not sure how to best categorize this experience... For approx. 120 hours over the past academic year I was a "Clinical Research Associate" in an Emergency Dept. It was technically an internship program, where I recruited and enrolled patients in various studies, however I was not paid - I wore a "volunteer" badge to access the ER. I initially placed it under "Research" but now I am considering classifying it as "Clinical Volunteering". Thoughts?
I think it's better under a Research tag.

As far as leadership experiences go is it necessary for them to have their own section. My issue is I've had a job and a volunteer activity in which I eventually earned a leadership role. Is it best to just mention this in the section for the job and volunteer activity or should it be explicitly labeled in a separate leadership section?
Leadership experiences are often presented best within the context of the original related activity. When mentioned there, you state the date span, hours, and and added duties. The title of the activity should include your leadership role.

When hours for each category are substantial, it's also acceptable to carve out the leadership component and post it in its own space, especially if you need more space for description.

Quick question, not to sure if it's been asked already. If I have a Poster/presentation slot where I presented at a national conference and was second author of another poster presented, I don't need to reiterate the what the research was if I already have an "Undergraduate Research" section correct? I was planning on starting it off with "Research that was conducted under XX was presented at XXXX" and then list the name of the posters and abstracts.
Correct that your research needn't be re-explained. The poster titles are probably enough to jog a memory.

Also, I was teaching assistant this past spring for 40 hours and will be a TA again in the fall for another 40 hours. Can I include one date range of 1/17 to 12/17 for 80 hours or does it need to be separated since I wont be a TA for Jun and July? The issue is I cant make August 2017 the start date for the fall semester as a TA.
I suggest you list date span one and use the narrative to explain the future plan, adding "I expect my involvement during the next academic year to total another xxx hours."

Alternatively, name the activity "2017 Spring and Fall Term Biology TA" and then you can include one all inclusive datespan.

Art has been a hobby of mine since I was in elementary school, and I even submitted some pieces for competitions while in high school. I won 2nd, 3rd, and 2 honorable mentions while in high school, however I have not sent any pieces for competitions since I started college. Most of my art that I did in college was just for my own pleasure, and only recently (my 4th year in college) I started doing commission pieces.
Even though I have continued my hobby, the competitions did stop after high school. Should I not mention these awards when including my hobby in the activities section?
Adcomms will be more interested in what you did after HS graduation, but you can still touch on the back story and briefly reference multiple past awards won in your narrative space.

1) I did competitions for short fiction writing in high school and won 1-2 awards every year, but did not compete in anything after entering college. I still write generously, but only in personal journals. Another hobby of mine is beauty -

2) When I want to relax I play with makeup and watch "beauty guru" videos on youtube. I'm not in any way a professional, though, and don't get thousands of likes on my instagram/twitter/etc. Should I bother mentioning either of these hobbies even though they don't have any tangible products that I could show off?

3) I don't want adcoms to think I'm just a pre-med freak who does nothing outside of school...I also religiously go to the gym 5 days a week to relax but I doubt they would care for that :thinking:
1) See response above to Boogy'sChick post.

2) Maybe skip the makeup interests.

3) Far more adcomms will find this of interest. Do mention it! You need to show you have stress-free activities.

3) Far more adcomms will find this of interest. Do mention it! You need to show you have stress-free activities.

Would I go about showcasing the gym hobby in the same way that you mentioned in the other reply i.e. by highlighting it under a narrative? I personally wouldn't mention it in my PS...Could I make this a separate work/activities experience or should I wait until I have a chance to mention it in a secondary?

Thanks for your help - I really appreciate the time you take out of your day to answer our questions!

Would I go about showcasing the gym hobby in the same way that you mentioned in the other reply i.e. by highlighting it under a narrative? I personally wouldn't mention it in my PS...Could I make this a separate work/activities experience or should I wait until I have a chance to mention it in a secondary?
I strongly recommend including a Hobbies entry. Every Secondary doesn't allow for an opportunity to mention leisuretime activities.

I strongly recommend including a Hobbies entry. Every Secondary doesn't allow for an opportunity to mention leisuretime activities.

Sorry for the follow-up questions...who would I use as a contact for this specific hobby entry? Could I use one of my gym buddies? They wouldn't be impartial but I couldn't imagine anyone else being a good contact to confirm this activity.

in the activities section, I'm not sure how to classify my AmeriCorps time. Technically, it's paid employment, but most of the time is spend teaching, and I have no other "teaching" activities, so I could classify it as that. However, it is 1700 hours and I know a lot of schools like hours in non-clinical service, so should I classify it as non-medical service/volunteering?
You may call it Community Service, as I believe it is stipended without SS, income tax, or Medicare deducted ( tho eventually you have to claim the income). Even if you label it Teaching or Employment, Americorps is widely understood by Adcomms to be a community service.

Sorry for the follow-up questions...who would I use as a contact for this specific hobby entry? Could I use one of my gym buddies? They wouldn't be impartial but I couldn't imagine anyone else being a good contact to confirm this activity.
Hobbies don't require a Contact.

Hello,

I have a question regarding my clinical experience. I have worked as an MA for the past 3 years. For the first year I worked here, I worked every weekday for 32-40 hours/wk (mostly 40, 32 was a relief every now and then but it didn't occur often). For the second year, I worked during winter and summer for 24-32 hours/wk almost every day minus one-two per week. For the past third year, I've worked the winter (up to now) but only worked for 16 hours total. I have over 3000+ hours total and have no idea what the actual number i. It would take me extremely long to figure out my total hours. What is my best approach here when filling out my hours for this in my AMCAS application? Can I just list 3000+, do I need a better way of figuring out a total number, or is it expected that this number is eye-balled?

1) Ideally they'd both have their own space, but if you've run out of slots, grouping is fine, but all the header for the first must also be entered in the narrative box for the second. Each has its own date span, hours, contact, location, etc.

2) Ideally you'd have four spaces, but you could get by with three if all posters are grouped in one spot, or two if posters are mentioned in the space with the Research. Read item 20 in post #2 for more ideas that help condense what you write.

3) A professional phone # or email is more appropriate.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am a staff research associate at a top 3 medical school doing basic science research. Could that be listed as paid employment - medical/clinical or just leave it as research? I already have undergraduate research listed so was wondering if I could use the paid employment - medical/clinical to not be repetitive.

I have a question regarding my clinical experience. I have worked as an MA for the past 3 years. For the first year I worked here, I worked every weekday for 32-40 hours/wk (mostly 40, 32 was a relief every now and then but it didn't occur often). For the second year, I worked during winter and summer for 24-32 hours/wk almost every day minus one-two per week. For the past third year, I've worked the winter (up to now) but only worked for 16 hours total. I have over 3000+ hours total and have no idea what the actual number i. It would take me extremely long to figure out my total hours. What is my best approach here when filling out my hours for this in my AMCAS application? Can I just list 3000+, do I need a better way of figuring out a total number, or is it expected that this number is eye-balled?
If you can't get a precise number from old work stubs or bank deposits that you can base a work-hour calculation on, then just give it your best shot. It doesn't have to be perfect, so long as a Contact will back you up.

I am a staff research associate at a top 3 medical school doing basic science research. Could that be listed as paid employment - medical/clinical or just leave it as research? I already have undergraduate research listed so was wondering if I could use the paid employment - medical/clinical to not be repetitive.
Yes, so long as you have another entry for Research, using Emoplyment is fine.

Pardon me if this question has been asked before; I didn't find a similar one.

I have volunteered at a hospital for a long period of time, in 4 different roles (ED volunteer, ICU volunteer, etc.). I later founded 2 new volunteer programs at that hospital and served as the coordinator and trainer for new volunteers.

Should I lump all of that information into 1 entry, or separate them by "Community Service" and "Leadership"?

Are you guys mainly describing what you did in each activity or your personal growth from each, or just talking about personal growth in your most meaningful activities?

Hey! Hope this hasn't already been mentioned (tried searching for it, found nothing), but how do you enter something you will be doing over the summer? I was awarded a research scholarship to do conduct research at another uni over the summer. It's sort of like an REU. I have a section in Work/Activities called academic recognition where I listed all of my awards, and I included that there. Should that be enough? I'm planning on mentioning the experience further in my update.

Also, going off that note, I know that you shouldn't put any award from high school unless it actually matters. Would National AP Scholar be good enough to include? Or US Presidential Scholar Candidate?

Thanks in advance :D

I have volunteered at a hospital for a long period of time, in 4 different roles (ED volunteer, ICU volunteer, etc.). I later founded 2 new volunteer programs at that hospital and served as the coordinator and trainer for new volunteers.

Should I lump all of that information into 1 entry, or separate them by "Community Service" and "Leadership"?
If you don't have another Leadership entry, and if the leadership component's hours are strong enough to stand on their own, and if you need more space for description, and especially if you are a candidate for highly-selective, research-oriented med schools, then you should split out the two components of this activity.

Otherwise, it's up to you and you may leave both components in one entry (often preferred, so that the context of the leadership role is better explained), using the title of the space to signal the other's inclusion.

2) how do you enter something you will be doing over the summer? I was awarded a research scholarship to do conduct research at another uni over the summer. It's sort of like an REU. I have a section in Work/Activities called academic recognition where I listed all of my awards, and I included that there. Should that be enough? I'm planning on mentioning the experience further in my update.

2) Also, going off that note, I know that you shouldn't put any award from high school unless it actually matters. Would National AP Scholar be good enough to include? Or US Presidential Scholar Candidate? :D
1) Options for sneaking in mention of a future activity are:

*A) Mention it at the end of the PS if you can make it seem like a next logical move in your journey to medicine or

*B) add it at the end of a related activity, explaining that one experience had the impact of inspiring xxx, and you've been accepted to start in Yyy on (date) to explore . . . .

*C) Use an Honors/Awards space to discuss your acceptance into the Internship and how selective the process was, with expected start date, location, duties, etc.

So, your solution works fine.

2) No and no.

Last edited:
I worked as a scribe, part of that time as a trainer, and am going to separate out my hours into a Clinical Work section for the non-trainer hours, and a Leadership section for the trainer hours. However I am marking the Clinical Work section as a "Most Meaningful" experience, and was planning to talk about working as a trainer in the "why most meaningful" box. Is it okay to reference working as a trainer in the "most meaningful" box for the Clinical Work section even though I am counting the trainer hours under the Leadership section?

I have a couple questions:

1. If you worked on a research project that was presented at a national conference and published as an abstract, does that "publication" actually classified as a research presentation? Or should the abstract publication be listed under publications? It is a first author credit and there is a citation, but it's not the entire study that was published.

2. What type of work is "behavior technician"? I am a registered behavior technician and have worked with special needs students (ages 12-18), but these duties were not entirely clinical. I did help the students use the bathroom, learn life skills, and helped with certain medical conditions (some students had seizure disorders, GI issues, etc). I was also trained in aggressive students and had to administer holds frequently. Not sure if this was a "clinical" experience though - what do you think? It had a lot of direct student contact, but I'm not sure what to classify this work experience as.

Any input appreciated - thanks!

I worked as a scribe, part of that time as a trainer, and am going to separate out my hours into a Clinical Work section for the non-trainer hours, and a Leadership section for the trainer hours. However I am marking the Clinical Work section as a "Most Meaningful" experience, and was planning to talk about working as a trainer in the "why most meaningful" box. Is it okay to reference working as a trainer in the "most meaningful" box for the Clinical Work section even though I am counting the trainer hours under the Leadership section?
Yes.

1. If you worked on a research project that was presented at a national conference and published as an abstract, does that "publication" actually classified as a research presentation? Or should the abstract publication be listed under publications? It is a first author credit and there is a citation, but it's not the entire study that was published.

2. What type of work is "behavior technician"? I am a registered behavior technician and have worked with special needs students (ages 12-18), but these duties were not entirely clinical. I did help the students use the bathroom, learn life skills, and helped with certain medical conditions (some students had seizure disorders, GI issues, etc). I was also trained in aggressive students and had to administer holds frequently. Not sure if this was a "clinical" experience though - what do you think? It had a lot of direct student contact, but I'm not sure what to classify this work experience as.

Any input appreciated - thanks!
1) Does the published abstract have a PubMed ID#? Then it's a Publication. The associated presentation can be mentioned in the same space.

2) Was the patient/client contact at least 50% of the job? What else did the job entail? Do you have other clinical experience to list?

Thanks! And sorry, I should have included this in the original question, but is it also okay to include the fact that I worked as a trainer in my description of my scribe work, in addition to the "most meaningful" box? I am wondering because I worked first as a regular scribe for one company, then later as a trainer for that same company, and then later a regular scribe for a different company. I think it would make more sense for the narrative flow to do it that way versus leaving out the trainer work from the description in the Clinical Experience section, to avoid a chronological gap. And if I do that, can I say something like "In [year], I was promoted to a trainer and began teaching these skills to new scribes (see Scribe Trainer Experience in Leadership section for full description of job duties)"?

Last edited:
How precise do we need to be with the date ranges for activities? If I volunteer with an organization January through May and August through December is it necessary to separate the hours into multiple date ranges or can I just include Jan-Dec and note in the description that I don't volunteer June and July.

I should have included this in the original question, but
1) is it also okay to include the fact that I worked as a trainer in my description of my scribe work, in addition to the "most meaningful" box? I am wondering because I worked first as a regular scribe for one company, then later as a trainer for that same company, and then later a regular scribe for a different company. I think it would make more sense for the narrative flow to do it that way versus leaving out the trainer work from the description in the Clinical Experience section, to avoid a chronological gap. And if I do that,
2) can I say something like "In [year], I was promoted to a trainer and began teaching these skills to new scribes (see Scribe Trainer Experience in Leadership section for full description of job duties)"?
1) Yes.

2) Try to keep reference to other entries to a minimum. Something like,"Scribe Trainer date to date, listed elsewhere." What you said seemed too wordy to me, but you needn't be quite so terse as my example.

How precise do we need to be with the date ranges for activities? If I volunteer with an organization January through May and August through December is it necessary to separate the hours into multiple date ranges or can I just include Jan-Dec and note in the description that I don't volunteer June and July.
If you want to use a continuous date range in the header for an activity that was not continuous, then name the activity something that suggests intermittency, like adding "Academic Year" to your title, as well as explaining in the narrative.

If you want to use a continuous date range in the header for an activity that was not continuous, then name the activity something that suggests intermittency, like adding "Academic Year" to your title, as well as explaining in the narrative.
Thank you Catalystik. Your help is appreciated immensely!

Quick question about research:

On my CV I have three categories - peer-reviewed publications, abstracts/presentations at national/international conferences, and posters at local conferences. I have one peer-reviewed publication, two published abstracts at national/international conferences, and four posters at local conferences. Ideally I know I would split this into 1) research experience, 2) 1 publication, and 3) 6 posters/presentations, but I only have enough room to use two out of my 15 activity spaces. Could I just do 1) research experience and 2) publications - research output and put my pub/abstracts/posters under that, or does this seem dishonest? I was thinking about maybe talking about the four local posters in the research experience description and saving the research output for the actual pub and the two published abstracts/posters. They are searchable on the internet but the two abstracts are not on PubMed. Thanks!

Quick question about research:

On my CV I have three categories - peer-reviewed publications, abstracts/presentations at national/international conferences, and posters at local conferences. I have one peer-reviewed publication, two published abstracts at national/international conferences, and four posters at local conferences. Ideally I know I would split this into 1) research experience, 2) 1 publication, and 3) 6 posters/presentations, but I only have enough room to use two out of my 15 activity spaces.

Could I just
do 1) research experience and 2) publications - research output and put my pub/abstracts/posters under that, or does this seem dishonest? I was thinking about maybe talking about the four local posters in the research experience description and saving the research output for the actual pub and the two published abstracts/posters. They are searchable on the internet but the two abstracts are not on PubMed. Thanks!
IMO the local posters belong in the Research space. You can truncate the titles and author lists if needed to help them fit.

If the publication regards the same data as either of the published abstracts, it or they should be mentioned in the Pub space as an addendum to the citation. I have no problem with a further addendum in the same Publications space mentioning unrelated research output so long as the title given to the space includes a reference to it.

You might read my Research listing guidelines in post #2, item 20, on the first page of this thread.

IMO the local posters belong in the Research space. You can truncate the titles and author lists if needed to help them fit.

If the publication regards the same data as either of the published abstracts, it or they should be mentioned in the Pub space as an addendum to the citation. I have no problem with a further addendum in the same Publications space mentioning unrelated research output so long as the title given to the space includes a reference to it.

You might read my Research listing guidelines in post #2, item 20, on the first page of this thread.

That's a big help, thank you very much! The two abstracts are not related to the publication, so I will just call the activity entry "1 Peer-Reviewed Publication and 2 Published Abstracts" and include citation information for all 3.

Question about how to classify an activity.

I played a leadership role during 3/4 years of undergrad in a club. The club engaged in a lot of non-medical community service. Would it be okay to list it as leadership and not as community service-not medical/clinical?

EDIT: Re-read the first page after posting. The answer is yes, it is okay to list as leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.