This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If the results are not released between 8 am and 4 pm tomorrow , then it could be any time between now and November 28 th with no predictability. (Wow!)

Members don't see this ad.

Were the ABIM test dates pushed back one week though this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a strong feeling it won't be today. Probably won't be until November, and they'all give some excuse like "we needed to run more metrics due to tests changes this year" or "the hurricane delayed testing and scoring" or "we have your money already so you can just shut it".

It's been 7 weeks now since the last date of the exam (Aug 25) so it's getting ridiculous that they can't release scores with 7 weeks of data analysis.. Makes you appreciate the USMLE exam score reporting ethics. Anyway, i agree, wont be til november or whatever..

I think since we are taking the test 1-2 weeks later than last year that hopefully results should be out next week since turnaround time will be pretty similar in that case. The suspense is really getting to me though.

I think it's safe to say we aren't getting any results today. Suspense is killing me but I won't be bothering to check anymore till I get an email. Pretty disappointed with all of this. No way should data analysis take this much time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's an easy test. Y'all will do just fine!

I don't know that I'd call it an "easy" test, but the amount of neuroticism and anxiety in this thread is far greater than the test is worth.
The test and its related anxiety is "worth" about a bit less than a month's salary and 3 months of my time spent studying, so I'd say my level of anxiety is fairly appropriate.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright. With the new calculation of dates being moved ahead this year by 2 weeks, the date of result could be next Monday or Thursday ( October 20 more likely)
Hope keeps us going!

Went on the abim certification lookup and typed in my name. Certification status is updated

WOOOHOOO, I passed!

But this is bizarre. Either all of my classmates failed or not everyone is updated yet.
Lets hope not everyone updated yet or else I failed.

Did either of you guys get an official correspondence from ABIM stating you passed or just happened to check on the site for certification status?
My examination results page says "results not yet available"

Did either of you guys get an official correspondence from ABIM stating you passed or just happened to check on the site for certification status?
My examination results page says "results not yet available"
That probably won't be up for a while. The emails and score reports are always delayed. But usually everyone is updated instantly, this is bizarre if not all of us were.

But I just checked 20 people and only 3 passed (myself included), so unless all my friends are dumb, they have to be rolling it out.

I seem to be finding more of a 50/50 certified vs not status when I look people up. I wonder why they didn't release results simultaneously. Well it's gonna be a long few days.

I passed!!! Woo hoo :)

Like everyone else, it's like a 50/50 for the certification & it still says 'results not available' when I log in

Good luck to everyone on here!

Well for those who got results. When did you take the test? I was on 8/22. Don't have score yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for those who got results. When did you take the test? I was on 8/22. Don't have score yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of my friends took the test on 8/25 just like I did and shows up as passed so I really do think it is random.

Ok. Finally. Its updated. And I passed! Still few people I know are pending to be updated. I think slowly the system is updating the database. The last 2. Hours were very very stressful though. It's 2.56 am EST and this time will go in the history of this forum for next years board takers (approx 2 am)
Will check score report in the am. And good night all!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok. Finally. Its updated. And I passed! Still few people I know are pending to be updated. I think slowly the system is updating the database. The last 2. Hours were very very stressful though. It's 2.56 am EST and this time will go in the history of this forum for next years board takers (approx 2 am)
Will check score report in the am. And good night all!
Do you mean that your certification status just updated now and it wasn't uploaded earlier in the night when you checked and others mentioned they had passed? Just curious if they are actively updating now and if maybe those of us with "Not certified" may hear some news before Monday or if it will be a long remainder of the weekend.

Do you mean that your certification status just updated now and it wasn't uploaded earlier in the night when you checked and others mentioned they had passed? Just curious if they are actively updating now and if maybe those of us with "Not certified" may hear some news before Monday or if it will be a long remainder of the weekend.
Yes. I was checking the results of few people including mine and it changed all of a sudden. At2.11 it was updated as certified status at 2.05 it was not.

Yes. I was checking the results of few people including mine and it changed all of a sudden. At2.11 it was updated as certified status at 2.05 it was not.
Oh okay, thanks. Good to know.

Did everyone get their results mine still not available

Same with me. People posting on social media. My log in page says "Enroll in MOC now," but when you go to results it says score report not available.
When I search for my name says certified and for most of my colleagues as well.
Likely get score report tomorrow.

Same with me. People posting on social media. My log in page says "Enroll in MOC now," but when you go to results it says score report not available.
Mine says results unavailable?

Right but search for your name under "check a certification," if it says certified you passed. Score report is pending...
Unless ABIM playing tricks on us, which is possible.

Right but search for your name under "check a certification," if it says certified you passed. Score report is pending...
Unless ABIM playing tricks on us, which is possible.
Thanks
Although still not certified but on my home page not the score report but basic results are not yet available?

Same for me. Agree we will probably get the score reports and such either tomorrow or later in the week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wow, totally wasn't expecting this activity over the weekend!

I hope this is not a website glitch. I have not found any of my classmates that took the test and failed, because everyone is certified that I checked. Hopefully there's not some sort of mistake that certifies everybody and then we come back in and are uncertified Monday.

Last edited:
I hope this is not a website I hope this is not a website glitch. I have not found any of my classmates that took the test and failed, because everyone is certified that I checked. Hopefully there's not some sort of mistake that certifies everybody and then we come back in and are uncertified Monday.

I really hope this is not the case. It would be rather strange for them to post "certified" then revoke certification status!! It is just that EVERYBODY I searched for got certified.. I hope the best for everybody obviously... Still...

I hope this is not a website I hope this is not a website glitch. I have not found any of my classmates that took the test and failed, because everyone is certified that I checked. Hopefully there's not some sort of mistake that certifies everybody and then we come back in and are uncertified Monday.

I don't think its a fluke. It's a question of whether the people that say "not certified," now failed, or if they are still updating as someone alluded to above. Tomorrow will be the official marker, and hopefully score report is released tomorrow as well.

FWIW several of my colleagues who recently graduated residency over the past years looked up their certification this same way before the results were released. This has been the case for several years apparently.

EDIT: Some also found out a few weeks before the results were released, so tomorrow may not be the day we get the results back.

Last edited:
Passed! I know a few classmates who are still listed as not certified who think they failed. I wonder how long they're going to be updating results for these folks to keep checking and hoping they passed as opposed to accepting their fate and starting preparation for next year.

Passed! I know a few classmates who are still listed as not certified who think they failed. I wonder how long they're going to be updating results for these folks to keep checking and hoping they passed as opposed to accepting their fate and starting preparation for next year.

So you can confirm that there are people you know that have taken the test but are still listed as not certified?

This is terrible for them but makes me at ease that this is not a glitch, because I can't find anyone in my program listed as not certified, I hope we have 100% pass but that's never hapened before.

So you can confirm that there are people you know that have taken the test but are still listed as not certified?

This is terrible for them but makes me at ease that this is not a glitch, because I can't find anyone in my program listed as not certified, I hope we have 100% pass but that's never hapened before.

Yes people in my program still listed as "not certified," I would wait for an official email to us all regarding results being out, but likely indicates failure especially since others are listed as certified. Still the nature of them updating statuses even now (see Raryn post) means it's Probably too early to say someone definitely "failed."

About 5-10% of my class is listed as "not certified". I think that's seems in-line with our track record and the board pass rate. If it's a glitch, I hope I still passed. If it's not a glitch, I'm damn glad I passed. For those of you who may have to go through this process again, I'm sorry.

Triple post. Damn phone

Last edited: