*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2017-2018 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had a similar question, what did you figure out?

So I don't know why when you go to submit the application it says that the Evaluations section will be locked, because it really isn't. I could still add and delete letter requests and edit ones that I already filled in after I submitted, however, once you submit and a letter is received to AACOMAS (I also used Interfolio and sent my letters in that way), they will not be able to be changed in the application.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! So I had to submit my AACOMAS on June 5th because of fee waiver deadline. I had everything except for a physician LOR. So would it hurt my chances if I get that by the end of July (1.5-2 month after submitting my primary)? From what I gathered, it shouldn't matter that much, but wanted to ask.

Anyone know how the pre-reqs section under program materials works? Do I just add the bare minimum # of classes that I believe fulfill the RQ'ment and are my highest grades? Or should I add all classes that fulfill the RQ'ment?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how the pre-reqs section under program materials works? Do I just add the bare minimum # of classes that I believe fulfill the RQ'ment and are my highest grades? Or should I add all classes that fulfill the RQ'ment?

Also, does anyone know how credit hours correspond to quarter system classes?

How many activities is too much to be obnoxious? I am a little older and could list jobs from all sorts of things. Same with volunteering, I grouped things in AMCAS, would you separate them or keep grouped?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If I chose to transfer my application from last year, will I have to go through the verification process again? Do I have to resubmit transcripts?

All I need to add to my old grades are 8 units worth of grades (which were in progress last year) and a degree, will that be possible? Would they count towards my gpa?

damn. filling out my bad grades on my transcripts makes me all the bad feels

and how does aACOMAS know if you repeated the class at a different instutiton. i don't see an option where you click, repeated class

and if there is no subject for the class since it was through a student participation thing at school what do you put for the subject

Hi! Does anyone know whether I can send my transcripts to AACOMAS from national student clearinghouse since they allow attachment so I can attach the transcript request paper? Or can I only send it a request for a mailed transcript since my schools only use the national student clearinghouse? Thanks!
yes I'm curious too. one school does it through this service and I'm not sure. @AACOMAS

If anyone has been verified and applied to PCOM, do you see supplemental questions at the end of your downloadable PDF application? There seem to be some questions at the end on the primary AACOMAS application, but the PCOM specific portal doesn't provide a method for answering these questions. Thoughts?

If anyone has been verified and applied to PCOM, do you see supplemental questions at the end of your downloadable PDF application? There seem to be some questions at the end on the primary AACOMAS application, but the PCOM specific portal doesn't provide a method for answering these questions. Thoughts?

I didnt even see additional questions for PCOM on the primary?

I didnt even see additional questions for PCOM on the primary?

Exactly. The PCOM "portal" per say doesn't have a Questions section. But, the PDF that you can download after being verified lists supplemental questions on the last page, in a manner similar to schools that had a Questions section (i.e. DMU or KCUMB). I'm wondering if those questions were meant for the primary or if PCOM accidentally placed them into AACOMAS, but they're meant for the secondary. Just an observation.

Exactly. The PCOM "portal" per say doesn't have a Questions section. But, the PDF that you can download after being verified lists supplemental questions on the last page, in a manner similar to schools that had a Questions section (i.e. DMU or KCUMB). I'm wondering if those questions were meant for the primary or if PCOM accidentally placed them into AACOMAS, but they're meant for the secondary. Just an observation.

Ohhhhhh okay I feel you now

Attachments

• Scared.PNG
    Scared.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you assign letters of rec to each school? I read somewhere that AACOMAS sends all the letters you had sent to AACOMAS to ALL of the DO schools you applied to. Is there any way to assign different letters to different schools? Or do you have to send additional letters to each school individually?

Confusing question here!

So I've already been verified for my application and I applied to one school with my old MCAT. Once I got my new MCAT score, I sent out my application to numerous schools. Now, I see them all as verified, but when I download the PDF version of the application, only my old MCAT score is on it, with a blank space for my new MCAT score. My new MCAT already came out, and is in my AACOMAS portal shown green with a check mark. I was wondering if the schools I applied to will see this new MCAT or do I need to do something in addition to this?

Thanks for any and all help! I appreciate it.

Hey guys,

I am still missing some pre reqs for some schools. I just graduated so I am not sure where I will be taking them and when. Do you have to have a planned/future course listed to be considered or they give out conditional acceptances? I just don't know what institution to list a future course under because I am no longer affiliated with my home school and technically don't know where I will be completing the pre reqs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

So I submitted my application back on June 7th. I was verified that same day with an hour or so.... Does that seem right? I was expecting it to take at least a week....

I have a quick question for the background information. I technically dropped out of high school and received my diploma through an adult high school. Does this actually matter if I leave it out? I would rather not as this would put me in the disadvantaged category but my diploma very clearly states that I graduated from an adult high school.

Does this matter at all @Goro?

Can we access the letters of evaluation section later and request the evals AFTER having submitted the primary? I'm using Interfolio for LOR's, so no e-mail to put yet for requests in that section since I have to wait for the LOR's to be submitted first through Interfolio for them to generate that e-mail for me.
Basically, can I ADD letters of eval requests after having submitted?

Last edited:
Has anyone else received any secondaries yet? I applied to about 14 schools and only one of them has sent me an email to let me know they received my primary

I have a quick question for the background information. I technically dropped out of high school and received my diploma through an adult high school. Does this actually matter if I leave it out? I would rather not as this would put me in the disadvantaged category but my diploma very clearly states that I graduated from an adult high school.

Does this matter at all @Goro?
Goro is taking a break. Include it to be accurate. I don't think they'll disfavor you for it (why would they). I'm also counted as disadvantaged because the high school I went to, but income-wise I'm definitely not. It's weird how they classify it on AACOMAS.

Reactions: 1 user
So I submitted my application back on June 7th. I was verified that same day with an hour or so.... Does that seem right? I was expecting it to take at least a week....
If you submit hella early, you get verified hella fast ;)

I have a couple courses I designated as my english courses for every school. AACOMAS didn't recognize them as english classes because they were titled like history one. AACOMAS says they can't do anything about the topic designation once it's done. Has anyone had experience with something like this?

For the life of me, I don't know what to classify my Spanish classes. There is no language/non-science classification.

Edit: Nvmd I'm dumb and found it.

Last edited:
How many activities is too much to be obnoxious? I am a little older and could list jobs from all sorts of things. Same with volunteering, I grouped things in AMCAS, would you separate them or keep grouped?

When you receive an answer let me know too. I am old too lol.

Can we access the letters of evaluation section later and request the evals AFTER having submitted the primary? I'm using Interfolio for LOR's, so no e-mail to put yet for requests in that section since I have to wait for the LOR's to be submitted first through Interfolio for them to generate that e-mail for me.
Basically, can I ADD letters of eval requests after having submitted?

Update: I submitted and yes you can add LOR requests afterwards. :)

How long has it taken people to get verified after having submitted apps? I just submitted yesterday but would like to know a timeframe.

I submitted my primary to MSUCOM last year, but it was super late and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through the whole process so I never submitted the secondary app. Am I still considered a reapplicant?

So I submitted my AACOMAS app the first week of June and I just noticed a mistake for one of my Experiences.

The end date year for one of my research experiences should be "2016," but it looks like I mistyped it and wrote "2017". I'm kicking myself, I checked over my app multiple times but didn't catch this. The number of weeks and total hours for the experience are correct, however. I also have a letter of rec from my supervisor for this experience.

I'm wondering if I should be freaking out about this. Should I contact AACOMAS? I've already submitted a bunch of DO secondaries. Is this a glaring issue on my application? One that would lead to automatic rejection?

can you be verified without having LOR sent in already cause my school says they might not have them in until Aug 1

So I submitted my AACOMAS app the first week of June and I just noticed a mistake for one of my Experiences.

The end date year for one of my research experiences should be "2016," but it looks like I mistyped it and wrote "2017". I'm kicking myself, I checked over my app multiple times but didn't catch this. The number of weeks and total hours for the experience are correct, however. I also have a letter of rec from my supervisor for this experience.

I'm wondering if I should be freaking out about this. Should I contact AACOMAS? I've already submitted a bunch of DO secondaries. Is this a glaring issue on my application? One that would lead to automatic rejection?
honestly i doubt it is that big of a deal. you could call AACOMAS but i wouldn't freak out

I am curious about this too! Is there no limit for the # of activities on AACOMAS like there is for AMCAS?

I submitted my primary to MSUCOM last year, but it was super late and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through the whole process so I never submitted the secondary app. Am I still considered a reapplicant?
Yes, but only to that school.

I got verified and submitted one application a couple days ago. Just now I registered for an immunology course that doesn't start until November 2017 at a University I haven't attended yet and now AACOMAS is telling me I need to be verified again via the transcript at the new university. I am not going to be able to get a transcript for an online course that I am planning on taking 5 months in the future. What do I do?

Anyone have any advice of what to do if you made an update to your experiences and saved not realizing you couldn't edit before you updated the entire app to your schools and forgot to put in your DO's phone number or e-mail for the schools to contact? Do you think this is something worry about? or is there any way to add an update to a specific experience lol?

I was looking at taking the MCAT on July 28th, but am worried my score won't be where it needs to be. Is it smart to delay it for a few weeks and end up finishing applying in mid-September. Some people have told me that is too late but I'm not sure.

I was looking at taking the MCAT on July 28th, but am worried my score won't be where it needs to be. Is it smart to delay it for a few weeks and end up finishing applying in mid-September. Some people have told me that is too late but I'm not sure.
Depends on your other stats if you don't have an mcat score don't submit your app if you're retaking really depends on stats

How do I know if I am at the "completed" status? I submitted my mcat score, letters of rec, and my transcript came on the status as received this morning. I payed all the fees and submitted the application. Here's a pic too:
2bec8kq.png