***Official 2018 Orthodontic Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm typically not the type to post on SDN threads, I usually just visit purely to keep up to date on interview invites. Just wanted to respond to some of the previous questions that have been posted, because I know that the application process is extremely stressful for everyone.
-I do believe based on comparing my personal experience with what I've read in these posts, that some programs extend interview invites at different times. For example, my first interview invite was from Oklahoma. The date listed on this thread for Oklahoma is August 1st. I received a phone call July 20th. Also, I received an email invite with Iowa yesterday (Sept 6th) for an interview on October 20th (with a social the night before). From the looks of other posts it looks like the first invites from Iowa went out Aug 31st. Just a couple pieces of evidence that not all of the schools send every interview invite out at the same time. This is my first application cycle, so I am far from a professional at this thing, but I just wanted to throw some potential hope to those expressing anxiety in previous posts.
-I hope that we can keep this thread clean, and contention free. I believe that SDN can be a great medium for sharing information and collaborating to work together for a common goal. Hopefully we can stay positive and mindful that we are all in a heightened sense of anxiety during this waiting period. I graduated from dental school and have been practicing for over 3 years. Currently I have been lucky to go 3/3 with schools mentioned above, so those of you with private practice experience don't feel as though that precludes you from finding success in this application process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm typically not the type to post on SDN threads, I usually just visit purely to keep up to date on interview invites. Just wanted to respond to some of the previous questions that have been posted, because I know that the application process is extremely stressful for everyone.
-I do believe based on comparing my personal experience with what I've read in these posts, that some programs extend interview invites at different times. For example, my first interview invite was from Oklahoma. The date listed on this thread for Oklahoma is August 1st. I received a phone call July 20th. Also, I received an email invite with Iowa yesterday (Sept 6th) for an interview on October 20th (with a social the night before). From the looks of other posts it looks like the first invites from Iowa went out Aug 31st. Just a couple pieces of evidence that not all of the schools send every interview invite out at the same time. This is my first application cycle, so I am far from a professional at this thing, but I just wanted to throw some potential hope to those expressing anxiety in previous posts.
-I hope that we can keep this thread clean, and contention free. I believe that SDN can be a great medium for sharing information and collaborating to work together for a common goal. Hopefully we can stay positive and mindful that we are all in a heightened sense of anxiety during this waiting period. I graduated from dental school and have been practicing for over 3 years. Currently I have been lucky to go 3/3 with schools mentioned above, so those of you with private practice experience don't feel as though that precludes you from finding success in this application process.

Wow you must be an amazing candidate! Congrats! Can you please share your stats? (GPA, GRE, internships etc..)

University of Oklahoma/August 1st (phone)/Interview: Oct 20th or Nov 3rd with a social the Thursday before.
University of Rochester/August 23 (email)/Interview: Sept 14-15, 18-19, 21-22, 25-26 (no mention of social)
Tufts/August 24 (email)/Interview: October 2nd with social on October 1st
UBC/August 31st (email)/Interview: Nov 4th with social Nov 3rd
Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th with social September 28th
Loma Linda/ September 1st (Phone)/Interview: Oct 9/10 (no mention of social)
Seton Hill/ September 5 (email)/Interview: Sept 29 with social night before
ASDOH/ September 6 (email)/Interview: Oct 3 with social night before
OHSU/September 6 (phone) /Interview: Oct 20
University of Pittsburgh/September 6th (phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
Nebraska/ September 7/ Interview: October 2nd
Baylor/ September 7 (Phone)/ Interview: Oct 3,4,5
UCLA/ September 7 (Phone)/ Interview: September 25

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
any news from OHIO state university

Reactions: 1 user
University of Oklahoma/August 1st (phone)/Interview: Oct 20th or Nov 3rd with a social the Thursday before.
University of Rochester/August 23 (email)/Interview: Sept 14-15, 18-19, 21-22, 25-26 (no mention of social)
University of Pittsburgh/September 6th (phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
Nebraska/ September 7/ Interview: October 2nd
LSU/ September 8 (email)/ Interview October 26th or 27th with social on 26th

Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th with social night before, October 20 with social night before
Nebraska/ September 7 (phone)/ Interview: October 2, 3
LSU/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 26th or 27th with social on 26th
Tennessee/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 13 with social night before

Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th with social night before, October 20 with social night before
UNLV/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 5th or 6th with social the night of the 5th

UNLV/ September 8 (email)/ Interview: October 5th or 6th with social the night of the 5th
UC San Francisco / September 8 (phone)/ Interview: October 6th with social the night before

Last edited:
This is probably a silly question... but is Baylor the same as Texas A&M?

University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone) / Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
UC San Francisco / September 8 (phone)/ Interview: October 6th with social the night before

University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Choice of Interview Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone) / Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
Ohio State / September 11 (email): October 9th with social the night before

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today saying I'm in the alternate pool @ Indiana. So i'm assuming interview offers have been sent out today. Interview date is Friday, October 13th.

Indiana / September 12 (email): October 13th with social the night before

Indiana / September 12 (email): October 13th with social the night before
UTHSC-Houston/September 13 (email)/October 12th or 13th with socials the respective nights before

Last edited:
University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
Ohio State / September 11 (email)/ Interview: October 9th with social the night before
Indiana / September 12 (email)/Interview: October 13th with social the night before
UTHSC-Houston/September 13 (email)/ Interview: October 12th or 13th with socials the respective nights before
St. Barnabas / September 13 (email)/Interview: October 24 with a social the night before

University of Pittsburgh/September 6th(phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 6th or 9th with social the night before
University of Nebraska/ September 6 (phone)/Interview: Choice of Oct 2 or 3 with an optional social the night before.
Ohio State / September 11 (email)/ Interview: October 9th with social the night before
Indiana / September 12 (email)/Interview: October 13th with social the night before
UTHSC-Houston/September 13 (email)/ Interview: October 12th or 13th with socials the respective nights before
St. Barnabas / September 13 (email)/Interview: October 24 with a social the night before
Boston University / September 14 (email)/ Interview: November with social night before
UNC /September 14 (phone)
UPENN /September 14 (email)

Last edited:
Boston University / September 14 (email)/ Interview: November with social night before

Damn Mr. P save some interviews for the rest of us!!

U Michigan / September 14 (phone)/ Interview: October 12 or October 16 with social night before each

Last edited:
Do UPENN send rejection letters? Cause i got nothing.. or does it mean that i am on hold?

U Michigan / September 14 (phone)/ Interview: October 12 or October 16 with social night before each
UMKC / September 15 (email) Interview: October 23 with social night before
U of Kentucky / September 15 (phone)/ Interview: October 26 with social night before

Last edited:
UMKC / September 15 (email) Interview: October 21 with social night before
U of Kentucky / September 15 (phone)/ Interview: October 26 with social night before

^^ Idk if it was a typo above or if they have multiple dates, but my interview invitation (email on 9/15) from UMKC is October 23 with social the night before

UPENN /September 14 (email): Interviews October 11 or October 25 with social nights before each

Does anyone know how much of a problem it is if one does not attend the social the night before an interview?

Last edited:
Anyone hear from NYU or NYU Lutheran?

I got an e-mail from NYU saying they're reviewing applications, and:
  • Wednesday, September 27th - Thursday, September 28th - Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email and/or phone.
  • Thursday, October 12th, and Friday, October 13th - Interviews will be conducted, candidates must be present on both dates, Thursday will be all day and Friday portion will only be 1-3 hours appointment between 9am-5pm.

I got an e-mail from NYU saying they're reviewing applications, and:
  • Wednesday, September 27th - Thursday, September 28th - Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email and/or phone.
  • Thursday, October 12th, and Friday, October 13th - Interviews will be conducted, candidates must be present on both dates, Thursday will be all day and Friday portion will only be 1-3 hours appointment between 9am-5pm.

Thanks!

Anyone with a Michigan interview on Oct 16th willing to switch (for the Oct 12th date)? Please pm me if so!

UPENN /September 14 (email): Interviews October 11 or October 25 with social nights before each
San Antonio / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 23rd or 24th social night before

Last edited:
San Antonio / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 23rd or 24th social night before
CWRU / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 11 or 12 with social the night before

What date exactly is Boston University's interview?

Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th or October 20th with socials the day before each
CWRU / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 11 or 12 with social the night before
U Washington / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 16 with social the night before

Last edited:
Congrats on the interviews everyone!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much of a problem it is if one does not attend the social the night before an interview?
It is important to attend the social. It is the best time to get to know the residents, and for them to get to know you.

Also, many schools reserve a couple interview spots until the deadline and will fill spots that are declined.

Iowa/August 31st (email)/Interview: September 29th or October 20th with socials the day before each
U Washington / September 19 (email) / Interview: October 16 with social the night before
St. Louis / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 16, 17, 18, 19 with a social before each respective night

St. Louis / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 16, 17, 18, 19 with a social before each respective night
Columbia / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 23 or 24, with a social before each respective night

Last edited:
I graduated from dental school and have been practicing for over 3 years. Currently I have been lucky to go 3/3 with schools mentioned above, so those of you with private practice experience don't feel as though that precludes you from finding success in this application process.
Thanks for the encouraging words. If you don't mind what are your stats? I am contemplating applying, my stats are not competitive and I am out of dental school. Do you guys think theres any chance?

Thanks for the encouraging words. If you don't mind what are your stats? I am contemplating applying, my stats are not competitive and I am out of dental school. Do you guys think theres any chance?
There is always a chance. Never give up.

Columbia / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 23 or 24, no mention of social.

My confirmation email from Columbia said that the socials are the nights before the interviews. So, my social is the 23rd and interview is the 24th.

Last edited:
Columbia / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 23 or 24 with social the respective night before interview
Colorado / September 21 (phone) / Interview: October 12, 13, or 16 with no mention of social yet

Columbia / September 20 (email) / Interview: October 23 or 24 with social the respective night before interview
Colorado / September 21 (phone) / Interview: October 12, 13, or 16 with no mention of social yet
Jacksonville / September 21 (email) / Interview: October 09 or 10 with social the night of the 9th

Has anyone heard from Roseman or University of the Pacific?

Has anyone heard from Roseman or University of the Pacific?
Looks like UoPacific is very late this year compared to the previous years...

Also, does anyone know if Harvard or MUSC has send out invitations yet? TIA!