USMLE Official 2017 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WeedForLunch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is quite early but most American Students have finished giving the test for this year.
I am an IMG and have been prepping for the steps since quite some time and have seen Phloston, Transposony's and others' threads for their respective years and how helpful they have been.

I intend on giving step in Jan.. let's share timetables, plans and other stuff on how everyone intends on taking on this beast.

P.S. : I think it is not that early.. the 2015/2016 threads were started in September/October.. but in true SDN gunner style..i wanna start it in August.. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the people who just podted there step score congratulations! I was wondering what were ur nbme scores? Did u guys finish doing even better or got the same thing?

Reactions: 1 user
seems to be a major-extraordinary trend today cause I got 257 too! Unbelievable 3 guys with the same score? Congrats to all! :) :)

Reactions: 5 users
For the ~average people around here, my scores:

NBME 15: 209
NBME 16: 225
NBME 17: 223
NBME 18: 221
UWSA1: 249

Score: 233

Never thought in a million years I could achieve such a score, I was not the best student during basic sciences and I was praying for a 192 and I would be thrilled with a 200. This score is an absolute dream come true to me. Congratulations to EVERYONE!

Reactions: 16 users

Never thought in a million years I could achieve such a score, I was not the best student during basic sciences and I was praying for a 192 and I would be thrilled with a 200. This score is an absolute dream come true to me. Congratulations to EVERYONE!

WOOOO! Thank you for posting your practice test scores and CONGRATULATIONS! It must be such a great feeling, I can only imagine. Also, you scored right in the middle of NBME 17/18 and UWSA1, which is a trend I've been observing for lots of people... congrats once again!

Members don't see this ad :)

Omg i got ur same scores i hope i get the same thing too :'( i get it next week omg

U should be so proud hunn!!!! Congratulationsss omgggggg im totally admiring u right now!!!!

WOOOO! Thank you for posting your practice test scores and CONGRATULATIONS! It must be such a great feeling, I can only imagine. Also, you scored right in the middle of NBME 17/18 and UWSA1, which is a trend I've been observing for lots of people... congrats once again!
What doesthat mean right in the middle

I dont know anyone of you and im so happy for u guys like if it was my score hahah! Love this forum

Same i took 3/28 ughhhh.
Also did your exam feel like 50% were guesses? :|

It felt fair and I second guessed myself too much. I didn't have a lot of wild guesses...

If I don't get my scores today I'm going lose it lol

EDIT: Just got the e-mail saying they'll be available in 20 minutes

My 2 cents to this awesome forum. Took the exam on Saturday, April 8th. I had 272 questions in total. The last block was in 32 questions, but extremely difficult one, I hardly managed to finish it on time. The 3rd block was difficult too. All the remaining were more or less edible. My UWorld cumulative was 80 % for the first pass, timed, random. The only tests I did online, were Free 120 about 10 days before the exam 89%, and NBME 19 , 5 days before the exam . 21 mistakes 236. This one didn't make sense to me at all, as all the previous forms I did offline(12,15,16,17,18) were in the range of 250-256. I didn't take any of UWSA as it heavily disoriented me and overrated the score for step 2 CK. The questions of the real exam seemed more like NBME, but the ratio of tricky/obvious questions was quite different 40/30 percent in a real deal vs 20/60 in NBME. Additionally, in my exam I got one question from NBME 19 ( the one I did wrong ).

Last edited:
My scores :
NBME 13 240
NBME 15 252
NBME 16 250
NBME 17 255
NBME 18 250
NBME 19 252 (3 days prior to the real deal)
Real deal: 257 ! So it seems like my NBME 19 (with the crazy-steep curve ) was underpredicting after all

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I just checked it for a feiend of mine haha send someone! I did it for her and ahe passed so im like screaming as if it was my score wuju!!
Congrats :highfive: !!!!!!

I wouldn't let me friends check too many troll friends hahaha I would have a heart attack

My 2 cents to this awesome forum. Took the exam on Saturday, April 8th. I had 272 questions in total. The last block was in 32 questions, but extremely difficult one, I hardly managed to finish it on time. The 3rd block was difficult too. All the remaining were more or less edible. My UWorld cumulative was 80 % for the first pass, timed, random. The only tests I did online, were Free 120 about 10 days before the exam 89%, and NBME 19 , 5 days before the exam . 21 mistakes 236. This one didn't make sense to me at all, as all the previous forms I did offline(12,15,16,17,18) were in the range of 250-256. I didn't take any of UWSA as it heavily disoriented me and overrated the score for step 2 CK. The questions of the real exam seemed more like NBME, but the ratio of tricky/obvious questions was quite different 40/30 percent in a real deal vs 20/60 in NBME. Additionally, in my exam I got one question from NBME 19 ( the one I did wrong ).
Mine was nothing like nbme questions. It was more like uworld questions so i think its like random

Can the folks posting scores and NBME's give an estimate of time between NBME's and between their first NBME score and actual result? Would be nice to see the progress and to plan things for those of us that still have a bit of time.

Can the folks posting scores and NBME's give an estimate of time between NBME's and between their first NBME score and actual result? Would be nice to see the progress and to plan things for those of us that still have a bit of time.
My scores :
NBME 13 240
NBME 15 252 NBMEs 13-15-16 : ~4 weeks out
NBME 16 250
NBME 17 255 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 250 (7 days out)
NBME 19 252 (3 days out)
Real deal 257

Reactions: 2 users
My scores :
NBME 13 240
NBME 15 252 NBMEs 13-15-16 : ~4 weeks out
NBME 16 250
NBME 17 255 (2 weeks out)
NBME 18 250 (7 days out)
NBME 19 252 (3 days out)
Real deal 257

Congratulations on a great score. Do you mind sharing the number of incorrect answers per NBME?
Thanks in advance

Congratulations to everyone receiving their scores!! When did you guys test? I tested April 1st (Saturday) and am hoping for next week.

For those who have already sat for the exam:
Just finished UW. Exam on Saturday. Which do you think would be more beneficial in the last two days of prep?

Working through UW incorrects with explanations
OR
Rapid Fire NBME (offline) questions. No explanations, just answers.

Hey Everybody,

Congratulations to everyone who just received their scores! I hope you all get some time off for vacation before starting rotations!

Quick question: for those of us who only have time to take one or two NBME exams, which would you recommend? I would like to take whichever is most representative of the actual test. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill

Google doesn't tell you that dude...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It does if you know how to use it.

To an extent. They probably mean look up other threads/posts for specific NBMEs and people's results. People ask for NBME percentages and scores so often, they turn up on Google/SDN searches if you look for them.

Exactly. A new poster asking about wrong questions is pretty hilarious to me. It's legitimately a played out question.