USMLE Official 2017 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WeedForLunch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is quite early but most American Students have finished giving the test for this year.
I am an IMG and have been prepping for the steps since quite some time and have seen Phloston, Transposony's and others' threads for their respective years and how helpful they have been.

I intend on giving step in Jan.. let's share timetables, plans and other stuff on how everyone intends on taking on this beast.

P.S. : I think it is not that early.. the 2015/2016 threads were started in September/October.. but in true SDN gunner style..i wanna start it in August.. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Your NBME scores tell me that there is a major lack of understanding of the content or that you aren't answering the questions correctly because of distractors or overthinking. What is your approach when you study or when reviewing questions you got wrong?
It's important to go over incorrect questions as well as to cover topics you are weak in. I would try another NBME after troubleshooting. If no improvement, definitely postpone the test date.
Thanks for your reply! And sorry for my long reply lol.
When I went over my NBME, I would say that all my wrong answers were split equally in that 1/3 were wrong because I simply didn't know the material and had no way to deduce it, 1/3 were wrong because I misread the question, and 1/3 wrong because of forgetting the specifics and going into a wrong line of reasoning even though I knew the condition. Not surprisingly my best sections on my NBMEs vary based on the organ systems I had just reviewed while my worst are always the ones I hadn't reviewed in a while.
Also my first pass average for UWorld is 56% (31st percentile) but that number I think is skewed because of my inconsistent scores earlier on in my prep. Towards the last couple weeks or so my average would probably be around 60%, so about a question or two below the average. Also, what should we make of the UWorld average?
Given all this I was expecting to score around a 210 on this NBME with the curve but it is what it is.
Any idea in what order I should take these remaining exams with exactly a month left (hopefully)?
NBME 18
NBME 19
UWSA 2
Free NBME
And what scores should I be absolutely getting in those if I were to feel like I can sit in for the big one and reasonably expect to score 220?

Thanks for your reply! And sorry for my long reply lol.
When I went over my NBME, I would say that all my wrong answers were split equally in that 1/3 were wrong because I simply didn't know the material and had no way to deduce it, 1/3 were wrong because I misread the question, and 1/3 wrong because of forgetting the specifics and going into a wrong line of reasoning even though I knew the condition. Not surprisingly my best sections on my NBMEs vary based on the organ systems I had just reviewed while my worst are always the ones I hadn't reviewed in a while.
Also my first pass average for UWorld is 56% (31st percentile) but that number I think is skewed because of my inconsistent scores earlier on in my prep. Towards the last couple weeks or so my average would probably be around 60%, so about a question or two below the average. Also, what should we make of the UWorld average?
Given all this I was expecting to score around a 210 on this NBME with the curve but it is what it is.
Any idea in what order I should take these remaining exams with exactly a month left (hopefully)?
NBME 18
NBME 19
UWSA 2
Free NBME
And what scores should I be absolutely getting in those if I were to feel like I can sit in for the big one and reasonably expect to score 220?

I think a UWorld average of 70-80% means you'd be in good shape for the exam. I recommend going over the UWorld questions again (hopefully you have the subscription where you have the option of resetting your questions once) because those where very high yield.
It seems like UWSA 2 gives the best predictor of your actual Step score. I don't think it matters what order you do those practice tests. I think a 210 would give you a good chance of getting a 220 on the real test, provided you get enough rest, good diet, and pace well on the exam--that is, try not to screw up your test day.

Reactions: 1 user
I think a UWorld average of 70-80% means you'd be in good shape for the exam. I recommend going over the UWorld questions again (hopefully you have the subscription where you have the option of resetting your questions once) because those where very high yield.
It seems like UWSA 2 gives the best predictor of your actual Step score. I don't think it matters what order you do those practice tests. I think a 210 would give you a good chance of getting a 220 on the real test, provided you get enough rest, good diet, and pace well on the exam--that is, try not to screw up your test day.
Thank you so much for your reply. I have my work cut out for me I guess and about a month to raise about 20 -30 points.
Just one clarification: So I should probably get at least a 210 on my NBMEs and close to 220 on the UWSA 2 and the Free NBME to feel confident going in?
Oh and about UWorld..... what happened was that I extended my subscription for a month and that didn't give me an option of resetting it but FWIW, I am working on my incorrects and I also have a few hundred questions which I got right but didn't know how so those are in my marked section. Plan is to cover these two only in my 2nd pass. I did about 4 sections of all inclusive second pass and FWIW I got about 67% on those.
Congrats on finishing your step and being on your way to realizing your dreams!

Members don't see this ad :)
When you say 70-80%, is that on the first or second run?

Got my score report today. I'm a non-US IMG from India:

Prep time: 9 months

UWorld- 1st pass: 62nd centile, 2nd pass: 97th centile
I hadn't been very active here, but got a lot of pointers from these discussions, so this is for a confidence boost to many people who are low on self-esteem like I was. For comparison, my NBMEs and UWSA, given in the following order (over 2 months) were:
NBME 13 & 15 - 232
NBME 19 - 211
NBME 16 - 223
NBME 17 - 230
UWSA 1 - 243
NBME 18 - 225
Free 120 - 80%
UWSA 2 - 245-250 (I had some screw-up with a public internet network and 22 of my answers didn't get submitted, despite answering)

Step 1 (31/10/2017): 247

I was a below average student, that needed a lot of effort to get into the flow of studying, but if I can do it, it's doable.
I came out of my exam feeling much better than after any of my self-assessments, but most of the euphoria was just for getting done with it. I was tested heavily on Blood and Endocrine systems, and had many more questions from Pharm & Micro than I did in Anatomy, Immuno, etc. Most importantly, being optimally anxious and anticipating how much time will be taken up during breaks really helped - I had planned my breaks and answered my questions strategically enough to add another ten minutes to my allotted break time, taking a load of pressure off my last block. It is definitely a doable exam, but damn, till I got my score report I was terrified.

Reactions: 3 users
Got my score report today. I'm a non-US IMG from India:

Prep time: 9 months

UWorld- 1st pass: 62nd centile, 2nd pass: 97th centile
I hadn't been very active here, but got a lot of pointers from these discussions, so this is for a confidence boost to many people who are low on self-esteem like I was. For comparison, my NBMEs and UWSA, given in the following order (over 2 months) were:
NBME 13 & 15 - 232
NBME 19 - 211
NBME 16 - 223
NBME 17 - 230
UWSA 1 - 243
NBME 18 - 225
Free 120 - 80%
UWSA 2 - 245-250 (I had some screw-up with a public internet network and 22 of my answers didn't get submitted, despite answering)

Step 1 (31/10/2017): 247

I was a below average student, that needed a lot of effort to get into the flow of studying, but if I can do it, it's doable.
I came out of my exam feeling much better than after any of my self-assessments, but most of the euphoria was just for getting done with it. I was tested heavily on Blood and Endocrine systems, and had many more questions from Pharm & Micro than I did in Anatomy, Immuno, etc. Most importantly, being optimally anxious and anticipating how much time will be taken up during breaks really helped - I had planned my breaks and answered my questions strategically enough to add another ten minutes to my allotted break time, taking a load of pressure off my last block. It is definitely a doable exam, but damn, till I got my score report I was terrified.
Congrats on your score! Well deserved. I have a couple of questions since my exam is on Wednesday (29th). My goal is a 255+

1) What did you do during your last week? Anything specific other than revising some pages from FA? I registered for a 7 day trial of USMLERX and im doing some questions from there just as practice since I know UWORLD in and out now + all NBMEs except 18 which im doing tomorrow after I finish my 3rd pass of FA tonight.

2) I got a 244 on nbme 19 (17 incorrect), how did you jump from a 211 on nbme 19 to 247? or you think it was just an underestimate?

3) Are the Qs on the exam similar to NBMEs? Ive heard a lot that its actually much more difficult.

Thanks and congratulations again, ENJOY the feeling.

Congrats on your score! Well deserved. I have a couple of questions since my exam is on Wednesday (29th). My goal is a 255+

1) What did you do during your last week? Anything specific other than revising some pages from FA? I registered for a 7 day trial of USMLERX and im doing some questions from there just as practice since I know UWORLD in and out now + all NBMEs except 18 which im doing tomorrow after I finish my 3rd pass of FA tonight.

2) I got a 244 on nbme 19 (17 incorrect), how did you jump from a 211 on nbme 19 to 247? or you think it was just an underestimate?

3) Are the Qs on the exam similar to NBMEs? Ive heard a lot that its actually much more difficult.

Thanks and congratulations again, ENJOY the feeling.

Thank you! Lemme see:
1) I did only FA + went through certain topics in UWorld that I needed to still build confidence in. The Search and Flaschcards feature were both handy. I also had a document where I'd typed all the objectives of UWorld into it which I went through briefly - but since you seem fine with it, I'd say FA makes all the difference. I didn't use Rx, except for select topics like Genetics & Psychiatry, and it helped me stick to FA even when I wasn't in the mood to read it. Last 3 days, I just went from cover to cover, familiarizing myself visually with most of FA. The Rapid Review section in the end is another goldmine, especially when you go back to the page they quote and reread it in context.

2) I gave my NBME 19 too early. I had bought all my NBMEs together, and clicked on 19 instead of 16, for my third NBME. I was terribly underprepared, right in the middle of the prep and the curve was quite harsh. For the same number of mistakes I made in 16, my score was 12 points higher. Whether it is a combination of under preparation or under-estimation, I'd rationalized it enough to preserve my confidence on the day of the exam. I genuinely believe looking at NBME scores should stop at just propelling you to confront your weak areas and getting you back to your books, but on the day of the exam itself, forget all your scores and focus only on your strengths, to boost your confidence during the exam itself. You'll need that positive energy inside.

3) Personally, I lacked the knack of answering NBME questions, as I'd get distracted by minutiae in the question stem. Perhaps because I realized the fact by then, my exam seemed easier to handle. The questions I got were average in length - I had 5-10 minutes remaining at the end of each block. I also had certain topics that were heavily tested - it felt like everything from Embryology to Immunology and Pathophys kept coming back to the same topic, so that can happen. I remember getting the same question in two different blocks with a very slight variation; I believe I marked it wrong the second time, because I grew a bit overconfident and didn't register the options properly till I came out of the exam hall.

I'd recommend planning your breaks well enough that you still have your energy preserved for the last three blocks. Thanks to time added from my blocks, I had 25 minutes to take a breather for my last block, and that consistency in my attention span is probably what helped me the most.

Good luck with your exam! NBME 19 seems to grossly under predict for a lot of people, so fingers crossed for a 255+ :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hii guys. Img here. Been lurking around this thread,basking in the absolute comfort and confidence you guys give :)
My exam is in another week so thought of posting this.
Here are my scores till now.
Uswa 1 : 230 (almost 3 months ago)
Nbme 15 : 228 (2.5 months ago)
Nbme 17 : 225 (1 month ago) was shocked by the harsh curve
Nbme 18 : 235 (3 weeks ago)
Uswa 2 : 243 (2 weeks ago)
Nbme 19 : 225 ( 3 days ago) :( :(
Hoping to break a 240 on the real deal next week. You guys think it's possible? Also any advice for the remaining week?
Thanks in advance!

Hii guys. Img here. Been lurking around this thread,basking in the absolute comfort and confidence you guys give :)
My exam is in another week so thought of posting this.
Here are my scores till now.
Uswa 1 : 230 (almost 3 months ago)
Nbme 15 : 228 (2.5 months ago)
Nbme 17 : 225 (1 month ago) was shocked by the harsh curve
Nbme 18 : 235 (3 weeks ago)
Uswa 2 : 243 (2 weeks ago)
Nbme 19 : 225 ( 3 days ago) :( :(
Hoping to break a 240 on the real deal next week. You guys think it's possible? Also any advice for the remaining week?
Thanks in advance!
My exam is tomorrow xD

Anyways.... a 225 on nbme 19 is fine I think, the curve is harsh. For your last week, do the chapters that NBME told you you are weak at. and I mean DO THEM WELL like again inside out (shouldn't take more than 1-2 days though). If youve used uworld flash cards then go over these... revise your forgettable stuff and definitely the rapid review section of FA. Plus if you still have time go through all the nbmes youve done ESPECIALLY your mistakes.

My exam is tomorrow xD

Anyways.... a 225 on nbme 19 is fine I think, the curve is harsh. For your last week, do the chapters that NBME told you you are weak at. and I mean DO THEM WELL like again inside out (shouldn't take more than 1-2 days though). If youve used uworld flash cards then go over these... revise your forgettable stuff and definitely the rapid review section of FA. Plus if you still have time go through all the nbmes youve done ESPECIALLY your mistakes.

Eeps good luck! Hope you get your desired score! And thank you so much! Shall do all the above said things, although I'm beginning to feel a little complacent

Members don't see this ad :)
My exam is tomorrow xD

Also let us know how your exam went and about your experience!

Hey, I'm an IMG here and I've been studying for step 1 for the past 11 months everyday but not all day because I have classes to attend. Anyways I did really badly on my first NBME a few days ago I got a 300/186 and I was extremely disappointed. I've watched all the Kaplan video lectures and read selected Kaplan or HY books for each subject just once. I've done 75% of the Pathoma lecture series and used the goljan pathology book. I've also done Uworld once and half way through Kaplan Q bank. I'd like some feedback. I want to take my exam in the end of March. Is that enough time to do well on the exam and how should I go about it? I'd love some feedback and no negative criticism please. I know I've screwed up

Hey, I'm an IMG here and I've been studying for step 1 for the past 11 months everyday but not all day because I have classes to attend. Anyways I did really badly on my first NBME a few days ago I got a 300/186 and I was extremely disappointed. I've watched all the Kaplan video lectures and read selected Kaplan or HY books for each subject just once. I've done 75% of the Pathoma lecture series and used the goljan pathology book. I've also done Uworld once and half way through Kaplan Q bank. I'd like some feedback. I want to take my exam in the end of March. Is that enough time to do well on the exam and how should I go about it? I'd love some feedback and no negative criticism please. I know I've screwed up
Which country are you studying in? Also which year of med school are you in?

Which country are you studying in? Also which year of med school are you in?
For the sake of privacy I can't reveal that :/ but I'm in my 3rd year now. Feedback would be great. I've changed my approach. I'm trying to build on my foundation more. I notice that I tend to get confused between different topics or that I overanalyze the question. That's how I got alot of questions wrong. I'm spending more time on learning the topics and memorizing FA. I'll go back and do uworld again after a month or so. Hopefully I'll do better in the next nbme :(

For the sake of privacy I can't reveal that :/ but I'm in my 3rd year now. Feedback would be great. I've changed my approach. I'm trying to build on my foundation more. I notice that I tend to get confused between different topics or that I overanalyze the question. That's how I got alot of questions wrong. I'm spending more time on learning the topics and memorizing FA. I'll go back and do uworld again after a month or so. Hopefully I'll do better in the next nbme :(
I think you're doing great for a 3rd year student with ongoing classes. Please please do FA. It's very important to not start FA late in your prep because that book is a one stop shop. Of course, you have to attempt understanding the meaning behind all the sentences rather than just memorizing. FA surprisingly has a lot of hidden concepts in that one textbook. Also id suggest watching videos for the topics that confuse you because there are a lot of similar conditions in the usmle. Finally, keep doing questions. That's most important! Good luck!

I think you're doing great for a 3rd year student with ongoing classes. Please please do FA. It's very important to not start FA late in your prep because that book is a one stop shop. Of course, you have to attempt understanding the meaning behind all the sentences rather than just memorizing. FA surprisingly has a lot of hidden concepts in that one textbook. Also id suggest watching videos for the topics that confuse you because there are a lot of similar conditions in the usmle. Finally, keep doing questions. That's most important! Good luck!
Thank you for your positive feedback. It meant a lot, you have no idea :) yeah will do! I'll work harder at the concepts. Yes I've been reading FA. I think I'll start memorizing FA at this point now. Hopefully I can get a good score within 4 months :/ I have a doubt so when you would go back to reviewing topics, would you review it from your textbook or from the notes you took down in lecture videos? Or should I just do both?

Thank you for your positive feedback. It meant a lot, you have no idea :) yeah will do! I'll work harder at the concepts. Yes I've been reading FA. I think I'll start memorizing FA at this point now. Hopefully I can get a good score within 4 months :/ I have a doubt so when you would go back to reviewing topics, would you review it from your textbook or from the notes you took down in lecture videos? Or should I just do both?
You should do it from both. Ideally the notes and textbook should be in one place so it can go hand in hand rather than one at a time whenever you're reviewing. Also which nbme did you take? Maybe the one you took had a very harsh scoring like for e.g. nbme 19 has, but it grossly underpredicts from what I see

You should do it from both. Ideally the notes and textbook should be in one place so it can go hand in hand rather than one at a time whenever you're reviewing. Also which nbme did you take? Maybe the one you took had a very harsh scoring like for e.g. nbme 19 has, but it grossly underpredicts from what I see
Ohh I see! I'll try that out, thanks! I did nbme 16. I just think I made alot of stupid mistakes. :/ I just gotta work harder thats all now:(

Finish pathoma! and than watch it again!

Focus on your weakest areas and do a ton of practice problems

Uworld average 66% (mean around 70-73% in the last 10-15 blocks)

Nbme 16 225 (165/200)
Nbme 15 176/200
Nbme 17 172/200
Nbme 13 173/200
Nbme 12 164/200
Nbme 11 174/200

2 offline blocks of nbme 11 & 7 put together to form 4 block exam: 177/200

Both done on same day, 10-13 days before exam:
Nbme 19 225 (172/200)
Uwsa 1 251 (123/160)

Both done 4 days before exam:
Uwsa 2 245 (125/160)
Nbme 18 234 (167/200)

Step 1: 232
=(

Nbme 16 225 (165/200)
Nbme 15 176/200
Nbme 17 172/200
Nbme 13 173/200
Nbme 12 164/200
Nbme 11 174/200

Nbme 19 225 (172/200)
Uwsa 1 251 (123/160)

Uwsa 2 245 (125/160)
Nbme 18 234 (167/200)

=(
Isn't that a good score?! I think you did great! You put in your absolute best. It's pretty awesome. I hope I do as well as you did.

Isn't that a good score?! I think you did great! You put in your absolute best. It's pretty awesome. I hope I do as well as you did.

Yeah, it's not exactly a bad score, but I guess I was hoping for a 240+ from the uwsa's & nbmes, being an IMG and all.

Considering how harsh nbme 19's curve is supposed to be, I think I may have screwed up on the actual thing.

Would love to hear what the chances are of matching in IM with this...

Cheers!

Nbme 16 225 (165/200)
Nbme 15 176/200
Nbme 17 172/200
Nbme 13 173/200
Nbme 12 164/200
Nbme 11 174/200

Nbme 19 225 (172/200)
Uwsa 1 251 (123/160)

Uwsa 2 245 (125/160)
Nbme 18 234 (167/200)

That's a good score buddy. I have the exact same scores as you on nbme 18, 19 and uswa2. Gave my exam a few days ago. Do you think curves have turned harsher in the real exam such that nbme is underpredicting? I'm hoping to get a 240 too:/

Honestly, I ran through a lot of Step 1 experiences before my own score came out yesterday, and I've had a growing hunch for some time that Nbme 18 has started being slightly more predictive than before, but I probably just didn't want to believe it. Although UWSA 2 is supposed to be very predictive too.

Keep your fingers crossed because apparently it can go both ways. Just wasn't my best day when I sat for the real thing. Good luck!

Honestly, I ran through a lot of Step 1 experiences before my own score came out yesterday, and I've had a growing hunch for some time that Nbme 18 has started being slightly more predictive than before, but I probably just didn't want to believe it. Although UWSA 2 is supposed to be very predictive too.

Keep your fingers crossed because apparently it can go both ways. Just wasn't my best day when I sat for the real thing. Good luck!
Thank you so much! You've got a pretty good chance of getting into IM. Nail your step 2 just like this one and you should be good.

Hello, SDN. Long-time lurker and first-time contributor to forums regarding boards. I am a D.O. student who wants to contribute my experience with both COMLEX Level I and USMLE Step I to help those who may be struggling with USMLE Step I or those who took COMLEX Level I but face the decision of whether or not to take USMLE Step I as well. These forums have helped me so much this past year. Disclaimer: If you are looking for an exceedingly high score, you can just pass by this post because this post is dedicated to the average student. I saw progress with COMLEX Level I, but I struggled so much to improve on USMLE Step I. It was driving me up the wall. I was unhappy with my practice scores so I delayed my USMLE Step I date from June 2017 to November 2017, the very end of my extension. There was daily self-doubt about whether it was a better move to delay USMLE Step I into rotations because now I was juggling rotations, shelf exams and COMLEX Level II/USMLE Step II too. I was concerned that I was forgetting more information than I was review/learning. I hope my experience can provide someone with more insight on their decision-making.

Timeline
03/26/2017: COMSAE B – 475
04/14/2017: COMSAE A – 508
05/2017: UWSA1 – 198
Dedicated study month began roughly second week of May
05/16/2017: NBME 16 – 190 (68.5% correct)
05/17/2017: NBME 13 – 190
05/30/2017: COMSAE E – 533
06/02/2017: NBME 17 – 188
06/22/2017: COMSAE C – 532
06/26/2017: COMLEX LEVEL I – 589
Dedicated study month ended roughly last week of June and rotation begins
08/11/2017: NBME 18 – 211 (74% correct)
10/11/2017: UWSA2 – 228 (68% correct)
10/28/2017: NBME 19 – 215 (82.5% correct)
11/13/2017: USMLE STEP I – 233

Materials
UWorld (3 passes through the entire question bank), First Aid (read through the topics that correlated with UWorld questions, which is almost the entire book multiple times), Pathoma (1 pass through the entire book and lectures), ComBank (1 pass through) and SketchyMedical (watched videos on topics that correlated with UWorld questions).

Comments
If I could go back in time, I would not do anything differently. I put my best foot forward, and I am utterly delighted with how my real scores turned out. If I had more time, I would go back and review the entire Pathoma book/lectures again. I know students make their decision to sit for an exam based off their practice scores, and it could be really discouraging to see your practice exam scores plateau. I, myself, almost threw in the towel many times because I was happy with my decent COMLEX Level I score and taking the USMLE Step I was entirely optional. In my experience for both exams, my practice exam scores have decently underscored me, and I’m not sure why. For my last two weeks before COMLEX Level I, I reviewed most of ComBank questions that I answered incorrectly and reread First Aid’s Microbiology chapter. For my last two weeks before USMLE Step I, I reread First Aid’s Microbiology chapter, Biochemistry chapter and Reproductive chapter (weak subject of mine). In addition, I went through UWorld’s Biostatistics package twice and read First Aid’s Rapid Review. I managed to study during rotations by reviewing UWorld on my phone or rereading First Aid whenever there is any downtime. Whenever I could summon any ounce of energy, I was up a few hours earlier in the morning before rotations to study and continue to study after coming home from rotations until bedtime. Although I was told that one can study for both COMLEX Level I and USMLE Step I simultaneously, I find that to be untrue for myself. In my opinion, these two exams are very different despite testing over the same materials. Each test had unique styles of asking questions and emphasized certain subjects more than others. Good luck to all those hard-workers sitting for the boards soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi,

I'm an old (graduated in 2001) IMG, preparing for Step 1. I've already done the UWSA forms and NBME 18 and 19. My current employer has institutional access to the McGraw-Hill USMLE Easy website. I know that it's considered to be lower quality than UWorld, which I am using right now. My question is about their full length self assessment test, whether it's worth taking or not? My exam is on the 17th, so any feedback in the next few days would be appreciated :)

Thank you!

Took mine on the 29th of November (Wednesday). Should be expecting the score this coming Wednesday right? Since its 3 exactly 3 weeks after my test date.

Hey, there are some reports in ECFMG about delay reports on step 1 score. Please look for more information at ECFMG official page. Regards!

Hey, there are some reports in ECFMG about delay reports on step 1 score. Please look for more information at ECFMG official page. Regards!
Can you please provide the link? I couldn’t find any recent announcements regarding possible score delays.

Hi. For those who got their scores recently, nbme 19 still has a ‘harsh’ curve? My score dropped significantly from 18 and UWSA 2

Sorry to hear that, kind of bad luck? Most of the people score more or the same as on nbme 18 ... If you don't mind what are the nbme 18 and uwsa 2 test scores and the real deal one?

Any consensus on the benefits of doing NBMEs 1-7? I've come across a few people mentioning how every NBME has some new information, and how some questions are repeated, but how relevant is this advice? ie is the "new" info actually testable? Do the repeated questions actually help, or is it stuff you should know from FA anyway?

Sorry to hear that, kind of bad luck? Most of the people score more or the same as on nbme 18 ... If you don't mind what are the nbme 18 and uwsa 2 test scores and the real deal one?
Still didn’t take it. I meant my score on 19 dropped compared to the others

Anyone who took NBME self assessment, can you tell me if they give you what you get wrong, rationale? How does that work? I know they just changed recently but the FAQ is rather vague.

Still didn’t take it. I meant my score on 19 dropped compared to the others

forget about nbme 19. Think about it just as a good training of 200 questions, believe only one thing. Your nbme 18. Most of the people get more on real deal than on nbme, very few get same score as on nbme, an very very little amount of unlucky test takers are outliers and get score lower than nbme 18 (I blame test anxiety, bad sleep, test of 8 hours compared to comfortable home and 4 hours of test). trust your nbme 18

Hey guys, need some advice regarding Physio.
After finishing UWorld and FA, if one needs to further strengthen their Physio, with the exam being one month away, what’s the better route to go for: Kaplan qbank physio questions or BRS Physiology book? Have time for one of these two only.
(For reference: current Physio knowledge is kinda average, not too weak but not strong either. Aim is 250. 240s acceptable in the worst case)
Thanks!!

Hey guys, need some advice regarding Physio.
After finishing UWorld and FA, if one needs to further strengthen their Physio, with the exam being one month away, what’s the better route to go for: Kaplan qbank physio questions or BRS Physiology book? Have time for one of these two only.
(For reference: current Physio knowledge is kinda average, not too weak but not strong either. Aim is 250. 240s acceptable in the worst case)
Thanks!!
Both.... You can do BRS in 2 days and then do Kaplan.

Any consensus on the benefits of doing NBMEs 1-7? I've come across a few people mentioning how every NBME has some new information, and how some questions are repeated, but how relevant is this advice? ie is the "new" info actually testable? Do the repeated questions actually help, or is it stuff you should know from FA anyway?

Not worth it imo. There are no accurate answer keys available. All of the avaliable answer keys have 5-20% wrong answers from what I've seen. It would be a massive waste of time to dig through forums to find find consensus answers, and even then they're not guaranteed to be correct.