***Official 2017 GPR/AEGD Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have one question please: am I required to send my Match Applicant Code Number to the programs that I want to rank? I read this in the main website of NMS (Programs should know your Match Applicant Code Number when they rank you on their Rank Order List for the Match. Therefore, you should provide your Applicant Code Number to the programs participating in the Match to which you apply) !!! please help

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about the Columbia GPR program? I'm seriously considering it but I'm a bit hesitant because of the huge OS component, and also I am unsure about the benefits that they provide.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have a question regarding the Match . Should I rank a program in which I didnt interview?

Hi I have a question regarding the Match . Should I rank a program in which I didnt interview?
You only rank programs where you have interviewed. Otherwise you will not be on the programs radar and they won't rank you.

Reactions: 1 user
If a program didn't send me an interview invite,can I still rank that program in match?

It was my top choice program :(
Why would you rank a program that didn't even invite you to an interview? I'm not trying to be mean, but you aren't on their radar. Even if you rank them first, they most likely didn't rank you because they never met you or know much about you. Don't waste your top rank or any rank position on a program that you didn't interview at. It's a waste and takes away your chance to match somewhere else. Honestly, it's their loss that they didn't invite you. I had some couple places that didn't invite me (although one of them was my top choice), but I'm not going to rank them at all because I'm not even on their radar. I have many other programs on my list that I am strategically ranking to match. Good luck with everything!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else apply to the new Marshall WV GPR? I am hesitant with new programs.

Happy New Year y'all and good luck on matching to your programs! This is going to be a great year! We're going to be FINALLY starting our careers.

Has anyone heard from Dr. Sanchez at U Conn after their interview? I know he said he was going to e-mail some people about match

I have a question. After the match, how do we apply to the post-match positions if a program does not fill all their spots? Are they gonna call applicants that they interviewed or interview a new batch of applicants?

I have a question. After the match, how do we apply to the post-match positions if a program does not fill all their spots? Are they gonna call applicants that they interviewed or interview a new batch of applicants?
You're going to call the available programs, reapply, re-interview, etc. It's going to be a scramble. You'll have to send programs all of your documents ASAP.

You're going to call the available programs, reapply, re-interview, etc. It's going to be a scramble. You'll have to send programs all of your documents ASAP.
Hi,
How do we know which program still have open spots?

Are any of you not taking a license exam like WREB, NERB or ADEX and depending on getting the PGY1 license through residency instead? One of my 2 top GPRs starts in the middle of my WREB date. The others all start after. I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide.

Are any of you not taking a license exam like WREB, NERB or ADEX and depending on getting the PGY1 license through residency instead? One of my 2 top GPRs starts in the middle of my WREB date. The others all start after. I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide.

all residencies (to my knowledge) will offer you a temporary license. the only advantage of taking wreb/nerb or aex (or whatever else) is you wont have to scramble to find patients to take it during residency or if you want to moonlight. my opinion is to take the licensing exam and just get it over with. it will be easier for you in the long run.
but since it starts in the middle of your GPR start...you might have no choice but to wait during your gpr to take it.

all residencies (to my knowledge) will offer you a temporary license. the only advantage of taking wreb/nerb or aex (or whatever else) is you wont have to scramble to find patients to take it during residency or if you want to moonlight. my opinion is to take the licensing exam and just get it over with. it will be easier for you in the long run.
but since it starts in the middle of your GPR start...you might have no choice but to wait during your gpr to take it.

I totally agree that it'd be easier to do before hand simply for the sake of having it for a "just in case" situation, but if my understanding is correct, I won't need to take any license exam if I practice in a state that accepts licensure through residency. Am I wrong about that?

Hi,
How do we know which program still have open spots?
Log into your Match account, click on Phase I Match results with available positions, and you will see the available ones. The only ones available are 3 Dental Anesthesia residencies in New York. Phase II availabilities won't be available until January 30th.

I totally agree that it'd be easier to do before hand simply for the sake of having it for a "just in case" situation, but if my understanding is correct, I won't need to take any license exam if I practice in a state that accepts licensure through residency. Am I wrong about that?

I debated for a very long time whether to take NERB or not. In the end my family convinced me to do it (more so I agreed to do it to get them off my back, but same thing...). The thing is, there aren't many states that accept licensure through residency. From what I remember, there are only 6 states that do this...

You are correct. To my knowledge ca ny virgina Washington state are the only ones that accept residency for licensure

You are correct. To my knowledge ca ny virgina Washington state are the only ones that accept residency for licensure

As far as I'm aware, Connecticut, Colorado, Minnesota, Ohio, NY, and CA take it. Washington only does if you did your residency in-state. I didn't know about Virginia.

So the Match states it's on January 30th, 12 PM ET. Is that different than last year? I'm in the West Coast and some people that matched last year said they found out at 4 or 5 AM Pacific Time if they matched.

So the Match states it's on January 30th, 12 PM ET. Is that different than last year? I'm in the West Coast and some people that matched last year said they found out at 4 or 5 AM Pacific Time if they matched.
last year i believe was jan 28 or something like that. basically first monday of the last week of jan so same time. i woke up at 6 am checked my email and i was matched. so expect something when you wake up (if you can fall asleep).

last year i believe was jan 28 or something like that. basically first monday of the last week of jan so same time. i woke up at 6 am checked my email and i was matched. so expect something when you wake up (if you can fall asleep).
What time zone are you in FanOfCostco? From what I have heard is EST hears around 8 AM and West Coast generally finds out about 5 AM due to time zone differences. Are you west coast?

What time zone are you in FanOfCostco? From what I have heard is EST hears around 8 AM and West Coast generally finds out about 5 AM due to time zone differences. Are you west coast?
yes i was. its most likely going to be 8 AM EST.

for those of us waiting on responses from VAs, does the current hiring freeze affect our matching process?

Is anyone else out there a nervous wreck for MATCH? How many out there waiting for MATCH?

for those of us waiting on responses from VAs, does the current hiring freeze affect our matching process?
I would think this wouldn't affect residencies. If you think about it your replacing a current position. And residents make minimal compared to non residents.

Alright let's keep the fingers crossed. Feel free to share when you find out the good news =)
Good luck to everyone!!!

Program Matched:
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS:
International Student (yes/no):

Does anyone know when the post-match unfilled positions list comes out? does it come out at the same time?

thanks

The anxiety just hit me. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to sleep tonight.

Program Matched: University of Minnesota
Dental School Attended:Loma Linda
Year Earned DMD/DDS: DDS
International Student (yes/no): No

Program Matched: University of Minnesota
Dental School Attended:Loma Linda
Year Earned DMD/DDS: DDS
International Student (yes/no): No
How did you hear? I've had no emails and see no results on the match site.

Am I correct in thinking there will not be a Post-Match list until 12?