***Official 2017 GPR/AEGD Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So far heard from:
U Colorado
VA Palo Alto
VA Denver
Univ Washington
Denver Health

No news yet from:
VA San Fran
VA Long Beach
VA Mare Island/Sacramento
VA Portland
VA Puget Sound (Washington)

^^anyone hear from these? (a friend heard from Portland a month ago)
Interview at VA Portland Dec 2nd. That was their only date

Members don't see this ad.

Applied to 6 GPRS, 5 interview received so far...
Coney Island, Brooklyn VA, Methodist Hospital, Maimonides, Lutheran LMC campus.

Anyone hear anything about acceptances from Orlando VA or Birmingham VA?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
dadou91,

Last week like the week before Thanksgiving or earlier this week?

Last edited:
Anyone know about acceptances at University of Oklahoma?

Just accepted a non-match spot at Advocate Illinois Masonic Med Center for next year GPR. Message me if you did too!

Members don't see this ad :)
VCU AEGD at the school sent out acceptances. Has anyone heard from VCU at the VA?

Has anyone received acceptance/rejection from Baylor AEGD?

Does anyone know about the CU GPR program or NYC Methodist GPR?

Are you asking if interview invites have been sent out? or details about the programs?

Interview invites for CU GPR are out.

NYC Methodist, I visited their program last week and they said they're still screening. Their deadline's on the first of December, so good chance they'll sent all the invites after.

Has anyone heard from UNLV GPR? Does anyone know if that is a good program?

Are you asking if interview invites have been sent out? or details about the programs?

Interview invites for CU GPR are out.

NYC Methodist, I visited their program last week and they said they're still screening. Their deadline's on the first of December, so good chance they'll sent all the invites after.

The email I received from Methodist said they were interviewing on the 5,6,and 7 of December. Only 4 time slots were left when I got back to them. Not sure if they are still sending out more.

The email I received from Methodist said they were interviewing on the 5,6,and 7 of December. Only 4 time slots were left when I got back to them. Not sure if they are still sending out more.
Ah okay. Scratching that off my list then lol

Interview invite from VA Northern Cal, classmates got invited to Tufts GPR

Apparently Augusta GPR has already made some offers. Anybody have some insight on when the class will be full/when emails for that will be sent out?

Apparently Augusta GPR has already made some offers. Anybody have some insight on when the class will be full/when emails for that will be sent out?

Interesting - I heard late Thursday that no final decisions were made yet.

Interesting - I heard late Thursday that no final decisions were made yet.

You may be right, I asked a friend at the dental school and was told that some of the students there had been extended offers. I assumed the entire class had not been filled or else an email was sent out. I could be completely wrong.

Anyone hear anything back from University of New Mexico AEGD??

Received interviews from Tufts GPR, Mt. Sinai GPR and Columbia GPR.
Anyone know anything about Columbia GPR? Any recent changes? I read mixed reviews on SDN, but it would certainly increase my chance of getting into Columbia Endodontics program next year...

anyone interview at lutheran boston AEGD? i've heard mixed reviews

As we are nearing the Match, I was wondering if programs normally send out emails informing those applicants that interviewed whether or not you will be on their rank list. I know you are not allowed to ask them this directly but they are allowed to let you know voluntarily. Anyone?

As we are nearing the Match, I was wondering if programs normally send out emails informing those applicants that interviewed whether or not you will be on their rank list. I know you are not allowed to ask them this directly but they are allowed to let you know voluntarily. Anyone?

As part of confidentiality and match rules, they're not supposed to...however, some have hinted what you are implying. Maybe not all sites do that, but some do quietly. However, rank based on how you liked the programs and if you could move to that area.

They won't make any promises to you but they can call you or send you email express their interest in you. It can be something like "i think you'll be a good fit for the program" etc.

Has anyone heard from UNLV GPR? Does anyone know if that is a good program?
i applied to unlv last year and they basically took my money. they didnt even send me a thank you email. i feel so used.

Reactions: 1 user
i applied to unlv last year and they basically took my money. they didnt even send me a thank you email. i feel so used.
Thanks for the response. I contacted UNLV GPR and they said they'd get back to me (which they never did). This is reminiscent of what happened to me when I applied to Loma Linda for dental school. They take your money and leave you behind. I also felt like Salt Lake City VA Hospital GPR did the same thing... Oh well, their loss. I have had enough interviews and am pretty sure I know where I'm gonna match.

Thanks for the response. I contacted UNLV GPR and they said they'd get back to me (which they never did). This is reminiscent of what happened to me when I applied to Loma Linda for dental school. They take your money and leave you behind. I also felt like Salt Lake City VA Hospital GPR did the same thing... Oh well, their loss. I have had enough interviews and am pretty sure I know where I'm gonna match.

Lol yeah. Every time I fly into Vegas and see a big unlv sign I want to give it the finger. Not bitter at all.

I got an interview offer a few weeks back, not sure if they're still sending them out

Thanks! At this point, might as well accept that if I didn't hear back from a program, I probably won't get an interview :/

I know that ECU AEGD has already offered their spots. One of my friends from my class is going there. I'm not sure about GPR
all 20 spots?? Wow, their deadline isn't until February. (violin plays in sad song)

all 20 spots?? Wow, their deadline isn't until February. (violin plays in sad song)
In contacting some people, it sounds like they may still have some positions available at ECU. It sounds like they are still doing interviews.

Alright, match rankings have officially opened and I'm feeling a little bit of anxiety about this. Is anyone else in my position? I've read many posts on this website about match trying to calm my nerves but still uneasy. Is anyone else in this situation? I have a couple programs I have interviewed at but there is ONE program I absolutely love and want. My hesitation is do I rank only that program? There are a couple other programs that were ok but nothing can compare to this one program. I know I would regret not ranking any other program but it makes me uneasy. There were rumors of a glitch a few years back. Am I just overly paranoid and anxious over this whole process. Anyone else feel this way?