***Official 2017 GPR/AEGD Interviews/Match/Non-Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UKtoothfairy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a little early, but I figured I would start off this thread for 2017. Feel free to post about any updates on interviews or any other related info. This will help others have an idea of schools that are starting the interview invite process.
School name/Date of contact (phone/email)/ Interview Date

Members don't see this ad.

Are we supposed to receive any email confirmation from programs saying they have received our applications? I have submitted my application last month but have not received any confirmation email. Should I be worried?

Last edited:
Are we supposed to receive any email confirmation from programs saying they have received our applications? I have submitted my application last month but have not received any confirmation email. Should I be worried?
It is still really early in the application cycle for gpr/aegd so I wouldn't be worried too much at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not received any emails either =) From what I gathered from previous posts it looks like end of sept/beg of oct is when people start hearing.

It's a little early, but I figured I would start off this thread for 2017. Feel free to post about any updates on interviews or any other related info. This will help others have an idea of schools that are starting the interview invite process.
School name/Date of contact (phone/email)/ Interview Date

I heard back from UNM last month and I interview in October. But I have not heard from any of the program's who participate in MATCH or are through LMC yet. Still waiting...

I have heard that University of Cincinnati has also sent out interviews

Just about to submit my PASS materials! But I have a question. Two of my letters of recommendation are addressed as "Dear General Practice Residency Program Director", even though I'm applying to a handful of AEGDs as well. Should I get those letter writers to write a new letter and have them send it directly to the AEGD programs? Or should I just leave it as is and count on the AEGD program directors not to care? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Just about to submit my PASS materials! But I have a question. Two of my letters of recommendation are addressed as "Dear General Practice Residency Program Director", even though I'm applying to a handful of AEGDs as well. Should I get those letter writers to write a new letter and have them send it directly to the AEGD programs? Or should I just leave it as is and count on the AEGD program directors not to care? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I am not highly knowledgeable on this as I am applying too. But if it were me I would ask to see if they could send it separate to the AEGD not saying "GPR". Through researching AEGD and GPR programs, they are different routes to take, one is more hospital based and one is more private practice based. I could be wrong, someone else can correct me if I am but I would think it would look better if you addressed the school correctly

I am not highly knowledgeable on this as I am applying too. But if it were me I would ask to see if they could send it separate to the AEGD not saying "GPR". Through researching AEGD and GPR programs, they are different routes to take, one is more hospital based and one is more private practice based. I could be wrong, someone else can correct me if I am but I would think it would look better if you addressed the school correctly

Speaking from an AEGD director point of view, I would recommend you to try to change the letter of rec so that it is specific to AEGD or GPR. The other option is to keep it general and just say "dear program director..." This doesn't bother me as much as when I review applications for our AEGD, and in the personal statement, the applicant talks about why they are applying for a GPR program and didn't bother changing the personal statement for AEGD programs.

Speaking from an AEGD director point of view, I would recommend you to try to change the letter of rec so that it is specific to AEGD or GPR. The other option is to keep it general and just say "dear program director..." This doesn't bother me as much as when I review applications for our AEGD, and in the personal statement, the applicant talks about why they are applying for a GPR program and didn't bother changing the personal statement for AEGD programs.

This is really helpful feedback, and I appreciate it. I'll make sure the letters are addressed correctly. Thanks.

I applied for AEGD 2years program , but didnt get any email from them yet

i got an interview invite for Upstate medical center at Syracuse via EMAIL. Pick a thursday from oct-dec.

LSU just sent out emails requesting supplemental items such as NBDE, DAT, and undergrad transcripts.

Fyi, both are GPRs

Members don't see this ad :)
i got an interview invite for Upstate medical center at Syracuse via EMAIL. Pick a thursday from oct-dec.

LSU just sent out emails requesting supplemental items such as NBDE, DAT, and undergrad transcripts.

Fyi, both are GPRs
One of my classmates goes there. She loves it there (upstate). Congrats

How long after the deadline do schools typically send out interviews? The suspense is nerve wracking :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
The only good news is this chat is silent, if interviews were given out left and right my nerves would be sky high

most of my deadlines aren't until December.

looks like I'm gonna be waiting a while

How many people took the ADAT. A lot of schools said it was optional, I ended up taking it. I'm not sure if taking it for the optional schools would help or hinder me

How many people took the ADAT. A lot of schools said it was optional, I ended up taking it. I'm not sure if taking it for the optional schools would help or hinder me

Nobody really knows yet how they're going to look at it, we'll just have to wait and see. Did you go ahead and send your board scores other supplementals to the program, or do we wait until they ask for it? I'm currently waiting for them to ask for it, not sure if that's the right thing to do.

I sent in my board scores to a couple schools that listed they would like it. But I have no idea if I should have

Reactions: 1 user
Kings County in Brooklyn sent out interviews! (9/23)

*And then sent out an email saying they had accidentally sent out interviews (9/27)

Last edited:
to those applying to NYU Lutheran programs: did you send your 2x2 photo to each program?

I only sent my board scores to the programs that asked, but my wallet regrets it :arghh:

kings county invite today and VA dallas GPR invite (this week)

Ok now nerves are setting in. I also heard UVA sent out invites. Time to start the anxiety

I feel like I'm restarting whole dental school application process again. Lol. Sigh....

Reactions: 1 users
Any of you guys get any word from Massachusetts AEGD/GPR programs?

did anyone get interview from rochester? or buffalo?

Did UMiamiHospital GPR Interview; as far as I know there's been three interview groups already (at least).

When does UConn AEGD start sending invites?

got invited for VA oklahoma and UT Houston GPR

Hi,
Has anyone heard from Baylor AEGD and UTHSC San Antonio AEGD? When do these schools send the invites? Thanks :)

Anyone hear from the GPR at Lutheran? I've heard from Kings and Montefiore but no one else. Wondering if I should be concerned haha :nailbiting: