*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been quiet for me for awhile. Only 2 interviews so far. After this past week from hell with a hurricane hoping for some good news! Here's to everyone having and hearing good news!
Same...hoping to hear some good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has Anyone heard from Roseman (USN) ?? it's been so quiet from them.

School: Harvard
Notification date: 9/19/17
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/17
Application complete date: 7/22/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/24/none
Pretty solid stats :pompous:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection

School: LECOM
Notification date: 9/16/2017
Method of notification: Mail
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4/2017
Application complete date: 7/29/2017
GPA (science, overall): 3.51sGPA, 3.59oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/19/ QR 16

When did you schedule your interview for?

Interview number 5 :horns:

School: UF
Notification date: 9/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17

Reactions: 6 users
Are you willing to share the number they called from? I missed a call yesterday from some random number :(

Interview number 5 :horns:

School: UF
Notification date: 9/20
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17
Congrats!! Im still waiting to hear from UF. Hoping sometime soon, Im in state and was hoping that would help. Good luck on your interview!!

Reactions: 2 users
Saw someone in lecture checking this thread every five minutes anxious time for everyone I guess be patient future dentists!

Interview #4
School: UCLA
Notification date: 9/19
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 8/30
GPA (science, overall) 3.77, 3.81
DAT: AA 25/ TS 26/ PAT 21/ RC 26

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #4
School: UCLA
Notification date: 9/19
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 8/30
GPA (science, overall) 3.77, 3.81
DAT: AA 25/ TS 26/ PAT 21/ RC 26

Geez, seems like UCLA really likes their high DAT scores/high stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Im still waiting to hear from UF. Hoping sometime soon, Im in state and was hoping that would help. Good luck on your interview!!
me too..big hope on UF..I'm also in state at LECOM now but really looking forward to hearing from UF!!

This time last year (July 29,2016) this thread had 356 posts and was on page 9. My post tonight is #266 (July 29,2017) and we are still on page six as I write this.

It's only a simple observation, but perhaps interest/competition for dental school is less this year than last year. We are running behind last years post count by nearly a third and that seems to be a significant amount to me. Any number of arbitary reasons could be the cause for this, but the fact remains that last years thread count was significantly higher at this point in the process.

While the number of applicants probably remains relatively constant from year to year - it will fluctuate. There are going to be larger applicant and lower applicant pools from year to year - in regard to the # of applicants and in regard to the quality of applicants. This could be an off year for dental school which could bode well for every applicant. Another possibility is that SDN attracts a high % of high achievers and the post count might suggest there are less of them this year - which would also bode well not only for the highly qualified candidates on this board, but for the marginal candidate as well. Again this is a simple observation - but it may have some degree of merit. If you are anxious perhaps my musings may provide you with a small measure of solace as we wait.

This time last year (September 21,2016) this thread had #1,436 posts and was on page 29. My post today will be #1,178 (September 21,2017) and we are still on page 24 as I write this.

It's only a simple observation, but perhaps interest/competition for dental school is lower this year than last year. While the post counts have leveled out some since I posted in July we are still running behind last years post count by about 20%. Any number of arbitrary reasons could be the cause for this, but the fact remains that last years thread count was a good bit higher at this point in the process.

Implications ... The number of applicants probably remains relatively constant from year to year - BUT it will fluctuate in terms of number of applicants and quality of applicants. This could be an off year for dental school applicants which bodes well for every applicant. Another possibility is that SDN attracts a high % of over achievers and there might be less of them this year - which would also bode well for every candidate in terms of admissions.

Again this is a simple observation - but it may have some degree of merit. If you are anxious about getting an interview - my musings may provide you with a small measure of solace while you wait.

Reactions: 2 users
This time last year (September 21,2016) this thread had #1,436 posts and was on page 29. My post today will be #1,178 (September 21,2017) and we are still on page 24 as I write this.

It's only a simple observation, but perhaps interest/competition for dental school is lower this year than last year. While the post counts have leveled out some since I posted in July we are still running behind last years post count by about 20%. Any number of arbitrary reasons could be the cause for this, but the fact remains that last years thread count was a good bit higher at this point in the process.

Implications ... The number of applicants probably remains relatively constant from year to year - BUT it will fluctuate in terms of number of applicants and quality of applicants. This could be an off year for dental school applicants which bodes well for every applicant. Another possibility is that SDN attracts a high % of over achievers and there might be less of them this year - which would also bode well for every candidate in terms of admissions.

Again this is a simple observation - but it may have some degree of merit. If you are anxious about getting an interview - my musings may provide you with a small measure of solace while you wait.
I'm pretty sure it's because of the switch over to the new application portal system and probably because there are simply just less people on SDN for the Class of 2022 than previous years. I'd be surprised if the number of applicants change significantly from year to year.

A number of schools, or at.least the ones I'm looking at are inviting later this year than they did last year.

I'm pretty sure it's because of the switch over to the new application portal system and probably because there are simply just less people on SDN for the Class of 2022 than previous years. I'd be surprised if the number of applicants change significantly from year to year.
I know that one of the schools I applied at had 300+ more applicants than last year. I think you're right with just less people on SDN.

A good amount of people who applied before me told me to stay off of SDN bc it just makes you feel more anxious. Wasn't bad advice tbh..

You should take into account that NYU didnt send out interviews yet. They also send out the most. I believe as soon as that happens it will add another 3 pages. Also, the new application style is different. I see more of the "Interview #9" instead of the "Interview #2" Seems like there is a lot more overlap with the "over achievers"

Interview #5 !! :)

School: MUSC
Notification date: 9/21/2017
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4/2017
Application complete date: 7/29/2017
GPA (science, overall): 3.51sGPA, 3.59oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/19/ QR 16

Reactions: 4 users
Hello
I'm a little late but here it is!

Rejected :(
School: UCSF
Notification date: 7/19/2017
AADSAS mail-out date: Late June
Application complete date: Late June
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/22/none below 17

Interview #1:
School: UDM
Notification date: 7/24/17

Interview #2:
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/4/17

Interview #3:
School: UNE
Notification date: 9/18/17

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #6
Stony brook
3.78gpa 3.68 science gpa
23 aa 22ts
Notified:9/21
Instate
Interview date: originally October 10th but had to move it to October 20th

Reactions: 3 users
When I say I'm shocked...

Interview #2: UCLA
Notification date: 9/21
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/15
Application complete date: 8/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.08, 3.27
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21/TS 19/PAT 21/ RC 25/none

Reactions: 36 users
Interview #6
School: Tufts
Notification date: 2017/09/21
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/13
Application complete date: 06/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.2
4.0 masters GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/26/none

Reactions: 10 users
Interview #9
School: Tufts
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/15
Application complete date: 07/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.99,3.99

Shoot for the stars. Go crush it.

Reactions: 6 users
Interview #8
School: Stony Brook!
Residency: IA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/30
Application complete date: 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.86, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/23/28/no section under 20

Interview on 11/3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users
Interview #8
School: Stony Brook!
Residency: IA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/30
Application complete date: 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.86, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/23/28/no section under 20
May I ask what your state of residency is?

where did u do ur undergrad?

Interview #3!