*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an application complete email from Michigan on 7/18 and my status on AADSAS has been "Complete" ever since. I don't know what to do because schools keep telling us not to email them about application statuses. Still, I can't help but feel that my applications are just sitting at the bottom of an increasingly thick pile of apps :(
After seeing that post I emailed every school asking if they had everything they needed to review my app and if they needed anything else, I figured that wording is safe but his post got me paranoid lol

Edit: not every school, just those that said complete instead of under review

Members don't see this ad.

After seeing that post I emailed every school asking if they had everything they needed to review my app and if they needed anything else, I figured that wording is safe but his post got me paranoid lol

Edit: not every school, just those that said complete instead of under review
Yeah, I may do that if I don't hear anything by Wednesday/Thursday of next week. Let me know if your schools update you? Good luck!

I got an application complete email from Michigan on 7/18 and my status on AADSAS has been "Complete" ever since. I don't know what to do because schools keep telling us not to email them about application statuses. Still, I can't help but feel that my applications are just sitting at the bottom of an increasingly thick pile of apps :(
I received an invite today from Michigan and my status was "Complete" the whole time. However, I submitted my application a month earlier than you so I think they might just haven't looked at your app yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3 yayy

School: Minnesota
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: Email - pretty late 7:01 pm est
Application complete date: 8/8(for secondary)
Stats below! Can't wait for the interview!!

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, you were also waiting on your committee letter to be submitted right? Maybe that had something to do with it.
Yeah I was but e LOR'sngot submitted 6/28. I'm wondering if that affected my applications and schools simply forgot to indicate that my app was complete. The main concern is for Pitt and Michigan. Both say application complete but haven't heard from them and while it is early (not entitled to interviews or anything) but people that applieda few weeks after me are getting interviews. And Boston confirms (they told me) that they're not sure what happened and why I didn't go under review (it just said application complete)
I don't rely on the portal but even Columbia was surprised why I have been under review for like 3 weeks now. I just seem to have a problem with the app on shcools' end because I called AADSAS and they said I did everything right

Yeah I was but e LOR'sngot submitted 6/28. I'm wondering if that affected my applications and schools simply forgot to indicate that my app was complete. The main concern is for Pitt and Michigan. Both say application complete but haven't heard from them and while it is early (not entitled to interviews or anything) but people that applieda few weeks after me are getting interviews. And Boston confirms (they told me) that they're not sure what happened and why I didn't go under review (it just said application complete)
I don't rely on the portal but even Columbia was surprised why I have been under review for like 3 weeks now. I just seem to have a problem with the app on shcools' end because I called AADSAS and they said I did everything right

Yeah I feel you. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you (app complete status in the portal) with Mich, Pitt, and Conn. My letter was also submitted on 6/28 and got app complete emails late June/first week of July. Similar stats to yours as well I think. I'm just hoping for the best and waiting it out patiently for now haha.

Reactions: 1 user
For all those worried:

6) Will I be able to see my University of Michigan application decision in the status section of the student
AADSAS website?

• The statuses shown in your AADSAS portion do not always accurately reflect your true application statues. You can expect to be notified of your application status via email from the Office of Admissions and should always go by the most recent email you have received.
This is from the University of Michigan's app FAQ emailed to you once your app is complete :)

Don't worry too much! You have great stats and ecs. I am sure you will receive interviews! =) I am in the same boat with you with some schools. Thank you for those updates!!

Last edited:
he has an interview at UCSF :p
exactly!! hey I was rejected!! I should be the one so butthurt xD Is it weird that I am so hopeful lol
sending some positive vibes to everyone =D More interviews should be coming next week!! we got this YEAH!

Last edited:
Interview 1

School: ASDOH
Notification date: 8/14/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/03/17
Application complete date: 06/15/17
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.05 oGPA: 3.10
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/24 (nothing below 17)

Interview 2

School: Roseman
Notification date: 8/17/17
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/03/17
Application complete date: 06/15/17
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.05 oGPA: 3.10
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/24 (nothing below 17)
did aadsas ever show anything for the status besides "none" MOSDOH and ASDOH havent changed for me

did aadsas ever show anything for the status besides "none" MOSDOH and ASDOH havent changed for me
Me neither eventhough I received an application complete and is processing email....

if finally our official DAT is in, I was wondering do we email the schools about this to change your status? or they will take care of it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 8/7
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/28
Application complete date: 8/14 with supplemental
GPA (science, overall): 3.56, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/22/21(none below 17)

Interview #2
School: MWU-AZ
Notification date: 8/19
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.56, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/22/21(none below 17)

Reactions: 2 users

ASDOH still says none for me despite receiving a direct email from the school. MOSDOH also says none, but I haven't heard anything from them since the confirmation of receiving my secondaries.

Hi! I was wondering if any other females are traveling to university of michigan for an interview on september 15th and would want to split the cost of a double bed in a hotel near!

Interview #5

School: Utah
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5
Application complete date: 7/9
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/24/(none below 17)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Interview #5

School: University of Utah
Method of notification: email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/24/24/none

Last edited:
School: Utah
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 7/9
GPA (science, overall) 3.48, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/19/none

Last edited:
Rejection from NOVA wooh

School: NOVA Southeastern
Notification date: 8/14/17
Method of notification: Mailed letter
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/17
Application complete date: 7/11/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/23/ none below 20

Last edited:
Rejection from NOVA wooh

School: NOVA Southeastern
Notification date: 7/14/17
Method of notification: Mailed letter
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/17
Application complete date: 7/11/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/23/ none below 20
Whaaaaat? Ur dat scores are so good. Im sorry! Im sure youll get a lot of invites for interviews!

Interview #1

School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 08/07
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.57
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/Bio/Chem/Orgo): 25/25/24/23/24/28/27/21

How did you study for the DAT?

How did you study for the DAT?
I crammed for 7 weeks in the month of June, 10 hours a day. I think intense studying over short period of time is better than spaced-out studying over a long period of time. I basically followed Ari's 10 week schedule on DAT Bootcamp but 20% faster.

DAT bootcamp for PAT, Reading, and practice exams
Cliff note's AP Biology
Feralis notes
Chad's videos for Gen Chem, and Dr. Mike Christiansen (DAT bootcamp) for orgo
2007 and 2009 DAT real full-length

Didn't really use Destroyer, but I bought it anyways. I thought it was too hard and didn't reflect the real test.

Has anyone heard anything from Tufts? At the very least does anyone have some variation of "Application Complete" on the AADSAS portal?

Has anyone heard anything from Tufts? At the very least does anyone have some variation of "Application Complete" on the AADSAS portal?
I have had "none" for a couple weeks now.

I still have none and I submitted three weeks ago

Ive been under review for quite a while already. I think u should call for those with none.

Ive been under review for quite a while already. I think u should call for those with none.
I applied in early June. Mine went from Application complete-->None.

My issue is them not updating my status from "waiting additional information" to "complete". Also I cannot for the life of me find a phone number for them; the only one I found gives you every option but the admissions office.

I currently have "Received/Under Review." I agree with dhy01265 and think you should call them and ask if they've received all your materials yet.

On their website it says interview invites sent out in September, interviews held October-March.

Whoever was asking, all of the schools I contacted that said none or application complete as opposed to under review said my application was being looked over and that the status was irrelevant

Reactions: 3 users
I'd say the confirmation emails you get from schools saying your app is complete and will go under review is more important than the status on the portal

Did anyone get anything from Wva?

Did anyone get anything from Wva?
Received their supplemental a couple weeks ago via email. You have to print it out and mail it in. AADSAS currently says "Received/Under Review" for me.

Received their supplemental a couple weeks ago via email. You have to print it out and mail it in. AADSAS currently says "Received/Under Review" for me.
I hate mailing things. Two packages I sent got lost in the mail!

Interview #1

Notification date: 8/21/17
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3/17
Application complete date: 6/20/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.16, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/20/QR 16

Reactions: 6 users
Interview #1

Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3/17
Application complete date: 6/20/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.16, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/20/QR 16

When did you receive the “Under Review” email?

Interview #1

AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/17
Application complete date: 8/1/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.2 (BCP 3.37), 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/22/none

Last edited:
Interview #5

Columbia
8/22
Email
NC
Aadsas mail out 6/4
Completed 7/14
GPA 4.0
Dat 22 AA 23 TS 19 PAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview #1 :soexcited:

Columbia
8/22
Email
FL
AADSAS mail out 6/9
App complete 7/14
GPA and DAT below

Reactions: 6 users
I just updated my transcripts to add my summer grades (18 credits at 4.0), will this delay any interview decisions?

I just updated my transcripts to add my summer grades (18 credits at 4.0), will this delay any interview decisions?
I don't think it will. I did the same last week. The two courses just show up as being unverified.

Interview #1 !!!!!!!!! so psyched

School: Columbia
Notification date: 8/22/17
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21/17
Application complete date: 8/1/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/no

Status