*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't wanna haha
I know it's hard and kind of annoying cause some people seem to be ahead. but you're still on top of the game now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys I have a question. I repeated a few courses and Im wondering, when Im checking off the prerequisites for the schools I am applying to, should I check both the newly repeated course AND the old one, or just the new one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys I have a question. I repeated a few courses and Im wondering, when Im checking off the prerequisites for the schools I am applying to, should I check both the newly repeated course AND the old one, or just the new one?

I would just choose both, because they will see it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone who applied to BU received the additional supplement/log in info they said they would send?

Has anyone who applied to BU received the additional supplement/log in info they said they would send?
nope check BU thread~~ there is a whole thread about it haha

Has anyone who's applied to DCG received any information back from them yet? I've received at least an email from almost all my schools except them.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 30
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 8/29/2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: July 5 (after calling AADSAS)

Transcript(s) Submitted: June 1
Transcript(s) Received: June 2
GPA Verified: July 7

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: Not sure..
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: July 5 (last letter uploaded on this date)

Date Application Mailed: TBD
Batch #: # TBD

Residency: CA
Schools Applied To: 10 schools: MWU-AZ, USC, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, Boston University, Colombia, Temple, Tufts, Penn, (might add Washington & Colorado)
GPA and DAT:
3.57 GPA
3.54 BCP GPA
3.6 Sci GPA
22AA | 22TS | 21PAT

Schools Applied To: 10 schools: MWU-AZ, USC, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, Boston University, Colombia, Temple, Tufts, Penn, (might add Washington & Colorado)
GPA and DAT:
3.57 GPA
3.54 BCP GPA
3.6 Sci GPA
22AA | 22TS | 21PAT
it took them over a month to verify your GPA? was it because you didn't have your DAT paired?
It's crazy how long it took them

GPA and DAT:
3.57 GPA
3.54 BCP GPA
3.6 Sci GPA
22AA | 22TS | 21PAT

Is there a place on AADSAS that shows you what they calculated for your GPAs?
Or did you calculate that yourself?

Members don't see this ad :)
it took them over a month to verify your GPA? was it because you didn't have your DAT paired?
It's crazy how long it took them

No no, it only took them 7 days to verify it! :) I e-submitted on June 30th, and was verified July 7th. My transcripts were just received really early on

Is there a place on AADSAS that shows you what they calculated for your GPAs?
Or did you calculate that yourself?

Once your transcripts are verified, you can download your application for a specific school, and it'll show you below your coursework a big list of different GPAs (like 50 of them) that they've calculated. For example, they calculate your GPA with and without +/-, and they calculate Biology GPA, BCP GPA, nonscience GPA, etc...

Once your transcripts are verified, you can download your application for a specific school, and it'll show you below your coursework a big list of different GPAs (like 50 of them) that they've calculated. For example, they calculate your GPA with and without +/-, and they calculate Biology GPA, BCP GPA, nonscience GPA, etc...
Oh I see it now, thanks!

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/7

DAT Taken: 4/16/17
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/21

1st transcript
Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1
Transcript(s) Received: 6/2

2nd transcript:
Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1
Transcript(s) Received: 6/8

GPA Verified: 6/14

Letters Uploaded: 7/1

Residency: Illinois
Schools Applied To: UIC, SIU, Harvard, Michigan, Iowa, Pittsburgh, Temple, Marquette, Creighton, Case Western
Verified GPA and DAT: 3.88 GPA, 3.82 Sci GPA, 24 AA | 23 TS | 20 PAT

Reactions: 1 users
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 07/01/17

DAT Taken: 01/27/17
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 06/01/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 06/01/17
Transcript(s) Received: 06/18/17, 06/25/17
GPA Verified: 07/05/17

Letters Uploaded: 06/30/17

Residency: Indiana
Schools Applied To: IU, UNC-CH, Case Western, Marquette, Univ of Michigan, Univ of Louisville, Univ. of Colorado
GPA and DAT: GPA: 3.97 AA: 22, PA: 21, TS: 21, QR: 19, RC: 22, BI: 20, GC: 21, OC: 29

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/5/17

DAT Taken: 4/27/17
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 7/5/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1/17
Transcript(s) Received: 1st: 6/8/16 2nd: 6/13/17
GPA Verified: 7/10/17

Letters Uploaded: SOON

Residency: MA
Schools Applied To: Michigan, UCSF, UCONN, OSU, UIC, Minnesota, San Antonio, Florida, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Alabama, Maryland, Tufts, BU, PENN, USC, UNE

GPA and DAT: cGPA: 3.60 sGPA: 3.57 AA: 19 PA: 21 TS: 19 BIO: 19 GC: 18 OC: 19 RC: 22 QR: 18

How do I check when the application is sent out? Will AADSAS email me?

How do I check when the application is sent out? Will AADSAS email me?
it's real time because they can access it online. so i guess u can call email out date whenever you AADSAS is complete (main application, secondary that's on AADSAS, letters submitted, GPA verified)

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 07/01/17

DAT Taken: 01/27/17
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 06/01/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 06/01/17
Transcript(s) Received: 06/18/17, 06/25/17
GPA Verified: 07/05/17

Residency: Indiana
Schools Applied To: IU, UNC-CH, Case Western, Marquette, Univ of Michigan, Univ of Louisville, Univ. of Colorado
GPA and DAT: GPA: 3.97 AA: 22, PA: 21, TS: 21, QR: 19, RC: 22, BI: 20, GC: 21, OC: 29

How is your TS only a 21? It should be higher because of the 29. Doesn't make sense.

How is your TS only a 21? It should be higher because of the 29. Doesn't make sense.
TS isn't simply the average of the three science sections. It says this on the print out Prometric gives you when the exam is over.

Probably a typo. If you calculate it, .4x20 +.3x21 + .3x29 equals 23.
not an average. the sections are weighted differently. and someimtes it's not even just a formula. the DAT sores sometimes can be really weird

Yeah I have no idea why that is. My bio and gen chem are closer to that number so maybe they don't weight ochem as heavily for the total science score.

not an average. the sections are weighted differently. and someimtes it's not even just a formula. the DAT sores sometimes can be really weird
That's odd if you do that to my score and a friend of mines it works out. Wasn't aware of that discrepancy

Maybe, but I also figure it weighs the most because most of what we will learn in Dental school stems from Biology.
Yeah I think this is why too, but then again when I was taking it I got 10 questions over plants in the bio section and I don't think we learn about that so who knows lol!

That's odd if you do that to my score and a friend of mines it works out. Wasn't aware of that discrepancy
I may look into the exact break down of my score now that everyone is wondering why TS is low for me. I didn't realize a lot of people's fit into that formula so I just assumed mine was correct.

I may look into the exact break down of my score now that everyone is wondering why TS is low for me. I didn't realize a lot of people's fit into that formula so I just assumed mine was correct.
I believe TS is (# correct)/100. There are 100 science questions in the first part of the dat. Because it is scaled scored you might have missed only a few OC but a lot of Bio and GC. Say your score was 89/100 which just happens to be a TS=21 for that particular test.

Reactions: 3 users
very rare that scores don't actually match up. but in cases when a scores is wayyy high and the other lower you'll most likely have a lower TS. and ive heard of the possibility of difference between official or unofficial reports. it's a little odd. i wish it was more straightforward but it's not

very rare that scores don't actually match up. but in cases when a scores is wayyy high and the other lower you'll most likely have a lower TS. and ive heard of the possibility of difference between official or unofficial reports. it's a little odd. i wish it was more straightforward but it's not

Theres a online site that says what each stat is and the raw score translation for TS.

Theres a online site that says what each stat is and the raw score translation for TS.

Is it from ADEA?
Besides even if it is...Y0u know they have some discretion. They don't disclose much tbh

Is it from ADEA?
Besides even if it is...Y0u know they have some discretion. They don't disclose much tbh

Could be, I forgot where. My TS is 22 and i got a 21 in Bio and GC and 23 OC so I dont know how it works honestly. I think Bio holds the most weight though.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 06/28/17-07/05/17

DAT Taken: 09/07/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 06/20/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 06/13/17
Transcript(s) Received: 06/21/17
GPA Verified: 07/06/17

Residency: New Jersey
Schools Applied To: UConn, BU, Tufts, Rutgers, UPenn, Temple, UCSF, UOP, Columbia, NYU, Pitt
GPA and DAT: 3.58s ,3.61o; AA 21, TS 21, OC 21, GC 23, Bio 20, RC 19, QR 21, PA 22

I am waiting for the Committee letter, they said they will take about four weeks to process, which will be Early Aug :(

Is it just me or does it feel like every school is emailing today?
That was me like 2 weeks ago lol. I have been waiting for a supplemental to arrive in my mailbox for a week now. Ive heard from 3/5 schools, and it is strange that I haven't heard anything from the other 2.

Haven't seen one of these in a while. For those that are submitting soon/have submitted recently, It seems like GPA vertification is not taking all that long. Mine was vertified in 5 days. (with 3 transcripts too!) Hopefully that is the case for everyone else.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 07/13/17

DAT Taken: 06/28/17
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 07/14/17

Transcript(s) Submitted: 07/07/17
Transcript(s) Received: 07/12/17
GPA Verified: 07/18/17

Residency: South Carolina
Schools Applied To: MUSC, Nova, VCU, University of Kentucky, University of Tennessee, Augusta University, University of Louisiana
GPA and DAT: GPA: 3.99 AA: 20, PA: 19, TS: 21, QR: 17, RC: 23, BI: 21, GC: 20, OC: 21

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/24/2017

DAT Taken: JAN 16, 2017
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Early Jun

Transcript(s) Submitted: Jun 2
Transcript(s) Received: JUN 13
GPA Verified: JULY 18

(AADSAS) Letters Delivered: JULY 5
(AADSAS) Letters Uploaded: JULY 5

Residency: VA
Schools Applied To: VCU, LSU, UCSF, PITT, MICH, UK, TENN, PENN, TUF, CASE, TEMP,
GPA and DAT: 3.66S 3.68O AA:21 TS: 21 PAT: 23

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/8

DAT Taken: 7/5/17
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Posted on ADA: 7/20/17, Uploaded to AADSAS: 07/24/17 (after calling and asking to link dat scores)

1st and 2nd transcripts
Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/12
Transcript(s) Received: 6/20

3rd transcript:
Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/28
Transcript(s) Received: 7/5
GPA Verified: 7/13

Letters Uploaded: 6/28

Residency: Maryland
Schools Applied To: 13 - Maryland, UPENN, UCLA, UNC, Creighton, Roseman, Colorado, Utah, Ohio State, San Antonio, Texas A&M, Columbia, UCONN.

GPA and DAT: 3.78 oGPA, 3.9 Sci GPA, 25 AA | 27 TS | 18 PAT

Last edited:
Any updates for anyone that submitted last week?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/20
Reapplicant?: Yes but not consecutive

GPA Verified: 7/25

Letters Uploaded: Long time ago

Questions:
Do DAT scores need to be verified? -Takes a few weeks after taking the exam.
If I have one DAT score that is official and one that is still processing, will my app still be sent out? -Yes, it will still be sent out.
How long does it take to be mailed after GPA verification? -Schools have access as soon as your transcripts are verified.

Edit: updated with answers.

Last edited:

Questions:
Do DAT scores need to be verified?
If I have one DAT score that is official and one that is still processing, will my app still be sent out?
How long does it take to be mailed after GPA verification?

From what I understand (and others can correct me if I am wrong), nothing gets mailed anymore. After you e-submit and your GPA gets vertified, schools have access to your application, since everything is online.

DAT scores on the other hand are not vertified per say, but ADA does take about 2 weeks to "audit" your scores. They'll then post them on the ADA website and send them to the schools you selected. Most of the schools that I applied to, asked either on their secondary or on AADSAS if you are planning on retaking the DAT. If not, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call them and make sure they know to wait for your new scores.

From what I understand (and others can correct me if I am wrong), nothing gets mailed anymore. After you e-submit and your GPA gets vertified, schools have access to your application, since everything is online.

DAT scores on the other hand are not vertified per say, but ADA does take about 2 weeks to "audit" your scores. They'll then post them on the ADA website and send them to the schools you selected. Most of the schools that I applied to, asked either on their secondary or on AADSAS if you are planning on retaking the DAT. If not, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call them and make sure they know to wait for your new scores.
Thanks for the explanations, makes more sense.

Questions:
Do DAT scores need to be verified? -Takes a few weeks after taking the exam.
If I have one DAT score that is official and one that is still processing, will my app still be sent out? -Yes, it will still be sent out.
How long does it take to be mailed after GPA verification? -Schools have access as soon as your transcripts are verified.

Edit: updated with answers.
5 days for verification wow. I guess after July it becomes quicker since the early rush is over and August is when things start rolling.

Quick question,

When matching prerequisites under program materials, do we include upper division classes that also fall under biology/chemistry, or just the introductory sequences?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 8/15/2017

DAT Taken: 8/2/2017
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 8/17/2017 (Updated on ADA 8/16)

Transcript(s) Submitted: 3 on 8/3, 3 on 8/4
Transcript(s) Received: 1 on 8/4, 2 on 8/9, 3 on 8/11
GPA Verified: 8/18/2017 (1 pm). (I called them in the morning and they told me I need to wait 4-5 weeks, and then I was verified shortly after?)

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 3 Profs 8/4, Dentist 8/15
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 3 Profs 8/4, Dentist 8/15

Schools Applied To: 26 schools.
GPA and DAT:
3.43 Overall, 3.41 + and -
3.27 Sci GPA, 3.25 + and -
3.14 BCP GPA
3.89 Non-Sci GPA
1.91 Junior year :arghh:, 3.95 Senior year
24AA | 25TS | 21PAT

I'm surprised my app was verified in 3 days with 6 transcripts... (Maybe because I paid them too much money? :shifty:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users