Official 2016 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transposony

Do or do not, There is no try
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Hello all,

My wife and I have been browsing SDN for the past year and felt it incumbent upon us to offer our contribution to the community. I’d also like to preface that we consider our statistic as an opportunity to express our thankfulness for God’s common grace even upon the small things—not withstanding the magnitude of his love and faithfulness in extending forgiveness through His Son to we who are most in need. Thanks again all, and may God be your guide.

USMLE RX 1st Pass (1st semester): 61%
USMLE RX 2nd Pass (2nd semester): 83%
Kaplan (3rd Semester): 69%
Kaplan Rd 2 (4th Semester): 85%
UWorld (4th Semester): 71%
Kaplan Diagnostic (4th Semester): 75.3%
Kaplan Sim #2 (4th Semester): 71%

Dedicated Study:
UWorld Rd 2: 84%
UWSA1: 254
UWSA2: 241
NBME FORM #12: 234 (sept 30, 2016)
NBME FORM #17: 243 (oct 22, 2016)
NBME FORM #15: 228 (nov 15, 2016)
NBME FORM #18: 236 (nov 24, 2016)
NBME FORM #16: 238 (nov 26, 2016)
STEP1 Date: November 28
Official Step 1 Score: 244

Wife’s NBME Scores:
NBME FORM #12: 220 (Sept 29, 2016)
NBME FORM #17: 232 (Oct 22, 2016)
NBME FORM #15: 226 (Nov 15, 2016)
NBME FORM #13: 225 (Nov 20, 2016)
NBME FORM #16: 234 (Nov 20, 2016)
NBME FORM #18: 230 (Nov 23, 2016)
Official Step 1 Score: 243

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. -1 Timothy 1:15-17

Reactions: 13 users
Hello all,

My wife and I have been browsing SDN for the past year and felt it incumbent upon us to offer our contribution to the community. I’d also like to preface that we consider our statistic as an opportunity to express our thankfulness for God’s common grace even upon the small things—not withstanding the magnitude of his love and faithfulness in extending forgiveness through His Son to we who are most in need. Thanks again all, and may God be your guide.

USMLE RX 1st Pass (1st semester): 61%
USMLE RX 2nd Pass (2nd semester): 83%
Kaplan (3rd Semester): 69%
Kaplan Rd 2 (4th Semester): 85%
UWorld (4th Semester): 71%
Kaplan Diagnostic (4th Semester): 75.3%
Kaplan Sim #2 (4th Semester): 71%

Dedicated Study:
UWorld Rd 2: 84%
UWSA1: 254
UWSA2: 241
NBME FORM #12: 234 (sept 30, 2016)
NBME FORM #17: 243 (oct 22, 2016)
NBME FORM #15: 228 (nov 15, 2016)
NBME FORM #18: 236 (nov 24, 2016)
NBME FORM #16: 238 (nov 26, 2016)
Official Step 1 Score: 244

Wife’s NBME Scores:
NBME FORM #12: 220 (Sept 29, 2016)
NBME FORM #17: 232 (Oct 22, 2016)
NBME FORM #15: 226 (Nov 15, 2016)
NBME FORM #13: 225 (Nov 20, 2016)
NBME FORM #16: 234 (Nov 20, 2016)
NBME FORM #18: 230 (Nov 23, 2016)
Official Step 1 Score: 243

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. -1 Timothy 1:15-17
Congratulations to you both, great scores!!
Do you mind sharing what resources you used, how effective you found them and how long you prepared for..... Plus are you an FMG

IMG here.

NBME 12- 7months out- 175
NBME 13- 5.5 months out- 198
NBME 18- 4 months out- 205
NBME 17- 1 month out- 230
NBME 16- 1 week out- 234
NBME 15- 1 day out- 230

Congratulations!! Did you finish UWorld and how many times did you read FA. What did you find the most useful resource?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone

Like Tip4, I've been looking at these forums for a few months in the lead up to my Step 1 (on 29th December 2016) and thought I should contribute. I'm an IMG medical student in Australia and had to supplement our school's curriculum with a lot of the basic sciences that is assessed on the Step.

My scores and study for the exam were:
USMLE-Rx - worked through with our school's system blocks throughout second half of first year and first half of second year (completed maybe 1.25x)
Kaplan QBank - did sporadic questions when I was on a bus or something (got through maybe 600 Q's) - Kaplan was given to our north american students by the school, and a canadian friend gave it to me as he wasn't using it.
UW - worked through sporadic questions until 2 months before exam date. Then got 2 month subscription. Marked every question so I could go through it twice. Went through once on untimed tutor mode slowly, then did my incorrects again, then did biochem, pharm and micro again (my weak areas). Ran out of time to do the rest of the bank again.

NBME 13 - 228 2.5 months out
UWSA 1 - 254 5 weeks out
UWSA 2 -251 2 weeks out
NBME 18 - 240 1 week out
NBME 17 - 248 3 days out
Scrolled through some online forums on NBME16 to see what the discussions were about. Also scrolled through free117 quickly, didn't do as assessment.

Real Step 1 - 260

I'm obviously pretty happy with the result. I think a lot of it was exam taking technique; I had made a lot of silly errors in the NBME's as I wasn't quite doing them under strict exam conditions. My dedicated study period was complicated as I was actually in USA with my family on holiday for a couple of weeks in the lead up to the exam.

Recommendations:
Read FA cover to cover in dedicated study period. Don't worry about how many times you do it, I only read through it properly once (obviously went through sections as they came up in my study). But reading it from cover to cover will help you discover areas of weakness you didn't know. Take your time doing it as it is more important to understand everything, and then memorise the important sections that need memorising (damn biochem...)
Do UW slowly - read the explanations well! Take some notes on them, google something if you don't quite understand why it is the case.
Pathoma - is amazing. I did it as we went through system blocks with school. Only got a chance to watch the first couple of chapters again.
I didn't really use Sketchy or anything else apart from when a friend was watching a video, I might join them. I also had the Goljan rapid review pathology book - this was a good supplement to the path in FA.

Best of luck everyone on your upcoming exams!

Reactions: 8 users
Hi everyone

Like Tip4, I've been looking at these forums for a few months in the lead up to my Step 1 (on 29th December 2016) and thought I should contribute. I'm an IMG medical student in Australia and had to supplement our school's curriculum with a lot of the basic sciences that is assessed on the Step.

My scores and study for the exam were:
USMLE-Rx - worked through with our school's system blocks throughout second half of first year and first half of second year (completed maybe 1.25x)
Kaplan QBank - did sporadic questions when I was on a bus or something (got through maybe 600 Q's) - Kaplan was given to our north american students by the school, and a canadian friend gave it to me as he wasn't using it.
UW - worked through sporadic questions until 2 months before exam date. Then got 2 month subscription. Marked every question so I could go through it twice. Went through once on untimed tutor mode slowly, then did my incorrects again, then did biochem, pharm and micro again (my weak areas). Ran out of time to do the rest of the bank again.

NBME 13 - 228 2.5 months out
UWSA 1 - 254 5 weeks out
UWSA 2 -251 2 weeks out
NBME 18 - 240 1 week out
NBME 17 - 248 3 days out
Scrolled through some online forums on NBME16 to see what the discussions were about. Also scrolled through free117 quickly, didn't do as assessment.

Real Step 1 - 260

I'm obviously pretty happy with the result. I think a lot of it was exam taking technique; I had made a lot of silly errors in the NBME's as I wasn't quite doing them under strict exam conditions. My dedicated study period was complicated as I was actually in USA with my family on holiday for a couple of weeks in the lead up to the exam.

Recommendations:
Read FA cover to cover in dedicated study period. Don't worry about how many times you do it, I only read through it properly once (obviously went through sections as they came up in my study). But reading it from cover to cover will help you discover areas of weakness you didn't know. Take your time doing it as it is more important to understand everything, and then memorise the important sections that need memorising (damn biochem...)
Do UW slowly - read the explanations well! Take some notes on them, google something if you don't quite understand why it is the case.
Pathoma - is amazing. I did it as we went through system blocks with school. Only got a chance to watch the first couple of chapters again.
I didn't really use Sketchy or anything else apart from when a friend was watching a video, I might join them. I also had the Goljan rapid review pathology book - this was a good supplement to the path in FA.

Best of luck everyone on your upcoming exams!
thanks, good luck to you

These are my stats @ gk12321. I hope you're right about NBME 18 being underpredictive.

UW Self-Assessment-1 (3.5 wks) = 260 (def a massive overprediction)
NBME 15 (online) (3 wks) = 230 (done on no sleep & rushed thru as a test to see what I could do in poor conditions)
NBME 16 (online) (2.5 wks) = 250
UW Self-Assessment-2 (2 wks) = 247
NBME 17 (online) (1.5 wks) = 244
NBME 18 (online) (1 wk) = 250
Free 120 (3 days) = 84%

NBME AVERAGE (15, 16, 17, 18) = 244

3 more days until Step 1 ... All I want for Christmas is a 240

Santa gave me a 241!

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone who took Step 1 in 2017, does your score report give the national mean for 2016? If so, what is it?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who took Step 1 in 2017, does your score report give the national mean for 2016? If so, what is it?
They still give you 2015 mean which is 229, received my score last Wednesday

Wait so, I also got the exact same score you got. I got 61 wrong which equated to a 184!!!!! It's really been psyching me out. So you're saying the older curve would've gave my score a 234?!

That sounds ridiculous. I took Nbme 13 on December 11, 2016 and scored a 209 with 41 incorrect. That seems perfectly reasonable.

Hi,

I noticed on the NBME website that there will be 'necessary modifications to the test item pool' (see below) with a significant delay in score reporting.

Does anyone know if it's a gradual shift in test questions over a few weeks or a bomb will just be dropped on one day?

Currently I have my exam scheduled for 4/24; just wondering if it would be a better idea for me to move the test date slightly ahead because the new test items might be more clinical? Our med school takes step 1 after M2, not M3, so I'm thinking that the M3ers have a large advantage if this happens.

Or does this happen every year and makes no difference? Thanks in advance!

However, because of necessary modifications to the test item pool, there will be a delay in reporting for some examinees who test beginning the week of April 24, 2017. The target date for reporting Step 1 scores for most examinees testing the week of April 24 through late May will be Wednesday, June 28, 2017.

Good morning Great minds. I'm new here. I hail from Nigeria and studying medicine here too. I do have a lot of question, but will be happy to ask them in bit and answered in bit. My major concern is USMLE. I do love to write the exam.
Let me start by highlighting somethings about the educational system here. It is a little bit different. After 6 years of Primary education, 6 years of secondary education. For medical study, another 6 years will be required. I just finished one year of of the 6 years I'm to spend where I did basic science courses like Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Botany, e.t.c. I said that because I'm new to Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry. I've started reading the required texts. My questions in bit goes thus:-
1. At what year can I write USMLE Step 1, I understand that it is in three steps.
2. What are the required resources?
3. I understand I'm a newbie as a medical student and there many things I need to know, what are they? (I'm receptive to learning).
4. In terms of expenses, how much will cover USMLE, resources, application, e.t.c.?
5. Is the exam online or will require coming to states?
6. What's the stipulated period of time one can start preparing?
Thanks, in anticipation, as I await swift responses at earliest conveniences.

"I understand I'm a newbie as a medical student and there many things I need to know, what are they? (I'm receptive to learning)."

All I have to say is... lols

Good morning Great minds. I'm new here. I hail from Nigeria and studying medicine here too. I do have a lot of question, but will be happy to ask them in bit and answered in bit. My major concern is USMLE. I do love to write the exam.
Let me start by highlighting somethings about the educational system here. It is a little bit different. After 6 years of Primary education, 6 years of secondary education. For medical study, another 6 years will be required. I just finished one year of of the 6 years I'm to spend where I did basic science courses like Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Botany, e.t.c. I said that because I'm new to Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry. I've started reading the required texts. My questions in bit goes thus:-
1. At what year can I write USMLE Step 1, I understand that it is in three steps.
2. What are the required resources?
3. I understand I'm a newbie as a medical student and there many things I need to know, what are they? (I'm receptive to learning).
4. In terms of expenses, how much will cover USMLE, resources, application, e.t.c.?
5. Is the exam online or will require coming to states?
6. What's the stipulated period of time one can start preparing?
Thanks, in anticipation, as I await swift responses at earliest conveniences.

If you're attending a Nigerian university at the moment it might better to wait till year 5 or 6 before you start thinking about the USMLE (steps 1, 2cs, 2ck and 3). step 1 which covers anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, biostatistics, pharmacology, pathology, behavioral science and ethics, genetics, microbiology, immunology, embroyology, neuroscience etc in an 8 hour exam with 260-280 questions. Basically the content of the First aid for usmle step 1. Download a PDF of that and flip through it to get an idea. For a first year it might be too early for you to start using online question banks like first aid Rx($200) and uworld($100-$400) which require you to pay for a subscription. Step 1 and Step 2 CK are roughly $900 each and step 2 CS is $1600. for more information about the USMLE go to the website. Good luck.
Dropbox - First Aid 2016 Step 1 PDF.pdf

Last edited:
Just adding my scores and study plan for BOTH USMLE and COMLEX exams:
USMLE STEP 1: 223 Comlex LEVEL 1: 644

- COMBA1: 21st percentile/54% (5 months out)
- COMSAE E: 500 (3 mon out)
- COMBA2: 58th percentile/69% (2 mon)
- NBME 16: 194 (5 weeks out)
- NBME 15: 203 (4 weeks)
- NBME 17: 209 (3 wks)
- UwSIM1 232 (2.5 wks)
- NBME 18: 219 (2 wks)
- COMSAE C 528 (16 days - to comlex)
- NBME 19: 221 (8 days out)
- Free120: 83% (6 days out)
- UwSIM2: 241 (4 days)

What I did to prepare:
For starters everyone learns differently so my plan may not work for you or my scores may not be where you want to be. Also I had 6 weeks of dedicated study time. I'm the kind of learner that needs lots of repetition, I'm a super slow reader, and learn form audio and visuals. I don't like flashcards. Also, I should mention I took the MCAT 3 x and never exceeded a 25, aka standardized test PTSD.

First, I focused on learning the material taught and tested in 1st and second year.
Fircracker: got it in my first year-used over the summer between first and second year and never used it again

USMLE-Rx: did 100-200 question Timed/tutor for each module (by subject) throughout the second year (completed 1000 questions) - worth the purchase. Wish I did more questions.

Pathoma: watched for every module and again 2 weeks before exam day.

Goljian:
read for all fall modules. listened to audio during dedicated of subjects I didn't feel confident in.

FA: Read with most modules (heavy hitters- cardio, pulm, renal, neuro, heme/Onc). used as a reference and place to take notes from Qbanks and DIT.

COMBANK (68.5% correct): started in November. 20% completed by dedicate study time. Completed week before exam. almost always timed mode. rarely tutor. went 20 q/day and an extra 80 questions after every NBME except the first.

UW (60% correct)- Started in December. completed 30% before dedicated study time. almost always timed mode. Rarely tutor. Finished 2 weeks before exam and did ~300 incorrects. worked my way up from 20 q/day to 80q per day

DIT: watched almost all the videos. Started in January.

test day:
USMLE: was exhausting. I feel like I was on autopilot for the last 2 blocks of the exam. Used all the breaks
COMLEX: finished 30 minutes early. Used all the breaks - heard timing can be an issue from previous test takers and made a point of reading through vignettes quickly.

Good luck. Kick butt.

Hi Friends! I am a long-time lurker who has found the contributions of others on SDN to be invaluable in preparing for both the MCAT and USMLE Step 1. I wrote up a brief summary of my experience with USMLE Step 1 during the week after I took the exam but hadn't gotten around to posting it. For whatever reason, it popped into my head today - I hope it's helpful!

Numbers

2/27/2017 CBSSA 17 - 180
3/31/2017 CBSSA 15 - 209
4/14/2017 UWSA 1 - 245
4/15/2017 CBSSA 16 - 230
4/22/2017 CBSSA 19 - 223
4/25/2017 CBSSA 18 - 232
5/18/2017 CBSSA 13 - 234
5/25/2017 UWSA 2 - 245
5/26/2017 Free Online - 88% 90% 88%
5/31/2017 USMLE Step 1 - 248

Background

I really struggled with studying for Step 1 - although I don't know too many people who didn't. I felt that my school's curriculum was far from "teaching to the boards," and that I had to learn a LOT of material during dedicated study time. It is also important to mention that I am a non-traditional student, and I believe that how you prepare for this exam is very dependent on your background and your innate strengths. So, to give this study guide context, here is my background.

I am a non-traditional student who majored in music and computer science and eventually ended up working at a hospital in biomedical informatics. I decided I wanted to go into medicine and did a 2 year post-bacc program to complete the prerequisite courses (I hadn't touched biology, chemistry, or physics since high school).

I finished the post-bacc in mid-August, studied for the MCAT for 1 week, and got a 29. I applied late and received no interviews that cycle. I took the MCAT again the following winter, after taking a leave of absence from work to properly prepare, and scored a 37. I mention this only to give context, because I am one of those lucky people who are generally pretty good at standardized exams.

I struggled more with medical school than anything in my entire life. I am fortunate to be at a pass-fail school. Although I never failed an exam (and was usually within a point or two of the mean), I had never worked so hard to be average.

It's also worth noting that I wanted to take a research year, and put a lot of time into an HHMI grant application in the months leading up to dedicated study time. Otherwise, I would have spent more time on UWorld and First Aid during that time.

The Schedule(s)

At my school, we get 6 weeks of dedicated study time - except that it's really only 4 weeks. You will see the classes marked out on my schedule. I wasn't great about sticking with the schedule, and I believe it was too ambitious. I stopped running, didn't really take many breaks, and would usually go until about 11p. I also didn't have a good plan in the days leading up to the exam, which probably contributed to me freaking out and deciding to push the test date back. I also felt that, while I was getting a lot of "difficult" questions correct (questions >50% of people missed on UWorld), I was missing too many "easy" ones. I was really bothered by the idea that I was going into the exam not knowing things that I knew I should.

I also discovered pretty late in the game that the visual mneumonics worked really well for me. Sketchy, in particular, is amazing. I used only Sketchy for micro and pharm - I did not use First Aid at all. This is not to say Sketchy is comprehensive, but I chose to master Sketchy rather than try to incorporate First Aid at the risk of half-assing both. I think Picmonic is very hit-or-miss. Some of their images worked well for me (metabolic disease, immunologic disease, leukemia, lymphoma, CNS tumors) and some of it felt unusable. Still, it was really helpful for me to have the visual anchor.

It's also worth mentioning that the way I used Sketchy and Picmonic was a little unique, in that I imported the images to an Anki deck. I watched all the Sketchy videos one time, and them made cards containing the image and each unique fact, annotated with what was said in the video. I did the same for Picmonic, except I didn't watch the videos. All said, that was about 2,500 cards for Picmonic, 1,600 for Sketchy Micro, and 3,000 for Sketchy Pharm.

I also want to take a moment and say that, despite Sketchy Pharm having some really long and sometimes convoluted images, I absolutely loved it. I initially found the number of facts per image really intimidating. But, I hit a rhythm with it and ended up being very solid on physiology because of how thorough they are with the explanations of drugs.

In the days leading up to my first exam date, I made the painful decision to delay, and took the weekend to relax. The following Monday, I began my second study schedule.

I applied a lot of the lessons I learned from the first time around to my second study schedule. I took a lot of mini-breaks to keep from burning out. I was consistent with getting some exercise in every day, and also put together a plan for days leading up to the exam, so that they were productive rather than wasted fretting.

FAQ

1. Is it worth it to do UWorld twice?
Yes, for me it was. My understanding of the material between the first and second pass was significantly improved. I think it's a bit of a chicken and egg problem: you need to start somewhere, and no matter where you start, you will be missing some important context. By doing two passes, you get to see the material again but with a fresh, and more sophisticated, perspective.

2. What do you think about USMLE Rx?
When I studied for the MCAT, I used Berkly Review (loved it) and Exam Krackers (hated it). I did horribly on Exam Krackers, but it was necessary for drilling basic facts. I thought Berkley Review was great for learning how to process the questions and arrive at a good answer, whereas Exam Krackers was good for drilling basic facts. In the context of studying for Step 1, UWorld = Berkly Review and USMLE Rx = Exam Krackers.

3. What do you think about Kaplan Qbank?
I used Kaplan Qbank throughout my first and second year. Like others have said, I thought the questions were a bit nitpicky. It wasn't my favorite pool of questions, and I have never really been a big fan of Kaplan (I am not really sure why, it has just never resonated with me - whatever that means). That said, there were a handful of really choice diagrams and explanations of physiology and pathology that I liked. I felt using Kaplan as my "throw-away" bank worked well for me.

4. Wait, how many resources did you use?
I used First Aid 2017, Pathoma, UWorld, USMLE Rx, Kaplan Qbank, Sketchy (micro and pharm), and Picmonic. Yes, that is a ****-ton of money. It's a bit hard to justify, but I had money saved from a previous career.

5. What do you think about saving UWorld for dedicated study?
I think this is a terrible idea. I am firmly in the camp of using UWorld as a learning tool, not an assessment tool (except, of course, for the assessments - but those are also really just more UWorld questions...). It takes a long time to get through UWorld questions when you are really reading the answers and taking time to follow up on the concepts you aren't as solid on. For example, for every question, I went back and annotated First Aid with the information it was missing.

6. Aren't you worried you're just remembering UWorld questions when you're doing them a second time?
Yes! I was freaking out about this for a while. Here is where I ended up: you may remember a few questions, but you will probably not remember most. And, even if you remember all of them, that's pretty awesome because you have memorized at least 2,500 facts.

7. What was your take of the real Step 1 exam?
I know this is much debated, but I honestly felt like they could be been another series of UWorld questions I had never seen before. The stem length and pacing were pretty much the same. I was absolutely terrified of this exam going in; I was convinced I would be marking every other answer. It was much more reasonable than I expected. That's not to say it was easy, just that it was not so terrible as I expected. Also, in talking with other students, it seems pretty normal to get at least one or two absolutely ridiculous questions about something you might only know if you had been doing research on some specific protein or pathway for the past 2 years. Expect these questions, take a best guess, and move on quickly.

8. What did you do the day before the exam?
Mostly, I got myself worked up. I then spent most of the afternoon on the phone with friends who had already taken the exam. They calmed me down, convinced me that life was going to be okay, that I had done everything I possibly could to prepare, and that I just had to go in with a clear head. Obviously easier said than done, but I am really greatful for having such a great support system.

9. Did you sleep the night before the exam?
Not really. It was pretty ****ty sleep. In fact, pretty much everyone I have talked to got ****ty sleep, or took something to make them sleep. I toyed with the idea of a sleep aid, but everything I tried made me feel very hazy well into the next day - not remotely worth it. Instead, I got pretty good sleep in the days leading up to the exam, so the ****ty night of sleep before didn't really hurt me too much.

10. What was your test day strategy?
I of course skipped the tutorial (after checking headphones) to get my 60 minutes of break time. I planned to do 3-2-2 but to be flexible for bathroom breaks or nerves as needed. I ended up doing 3-2-1-1. I was getting a little excited about being on my last block, and took a few minutes to collect my thoughts and try to treat the last block with the same diligence as the first. I did not eat lunch but rather had light snacks (pretzels, granola bars), water, and coffee. I used the restroom at every break, regardless of whether I felt like I needed to. On my last two breaks, I went outside the test center and jogged around in the parking lot.

11. Looking at your scores, it doesn't seem like much changed during your last month. In retrospect, would you still have pushed back your exam date?
It is a little strange to look at those numbers and feel like the extra month was time well spent. However, for me, it definitely was. First, and most importantly, I was completely burnt out and psyched out in the days leading up to my first exam date. I am pretty sure I would have massively underperformed, for that reason alone. Secondly, while my scores don't seem to reflect it, I feel very confident that I solidified many concepts and strengthened weak areas (like anatomy) during the extra month. Whether that is just the way I felt, or if it was actually the case, is hard to say. However, I think the way you feel going into the exam is a MAJOR factor. So, for me, it was absolutely worth having a plan I was confident in, sticking to it, and getting to a place where I felt I had done everything I could.

Attachments

• USMLE Step 1 Schedule.xlsx
    98.7 KB · Views: 128