*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my first acceptance yesterday, NYU! Big thank you to the SDN community for being so helpful throughout this cycle. And to those still waiting-have faith and keep your head up :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 19 users
Received my first acceptance yesterday, NYU! Big thank you to the SDN community for being so helpful throughout this cycle. And to those still waiting-have faith and keep your head up :)
Is NYU strict on 200 shadow hours requirement ?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats

CONGRATS! Where you on the waiting list?? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #5
ATSU-MOSDOH

Pretty late in the cycle and I've already made a deposit elsewhere. Will decline so another lucky person can have the opportunity. Still can't believe I landed 5 interviews this time around.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1!!!!
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 1/10
Interview date: 1/30
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS mail-out date: submitted on 9/23, rec letters received 9/29, last transcript received 10/5 (so all extremely late)
Application received date/s: 10/5
GPA (bcpm, overall): 2.96, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/19/none

I'm freaking ecstatic. Non-URM (white as wonder bread). To all you low GPAers.... there is hope.
Did you apply to any other schools?

Pathetic. Go rain on someone else's parade. I know multiple people in addition to cyclohexane who deserve multiple acceptances and now you're going to downplay their accomplishments? Cool man

Agreed but don't play innocent when you're the one who comes on random threads and starts bullying and busting balls all the time @Alpha Centauri. @DOC YANKEM is wrong here for his comment but I don't think it's your place to call him out. @cyclohexane101, congrats on the acceptance. It's not too late in the cycle to be receiving any, and it is not anyone's place to tell you that it is too late.

Reactions: 2 users
Agreed but don't play innocent when you're the one who comes on random threads and starts bullying and busting balls all the time @Alpha Centauri. @DOC YANKEM is wrong here for his comment but I don't think it's your place to call him out. @cyclohexane101, congrats on the acceptance. It's not too late in the cycle to be receiving any, and it is not anyone's place to tell you that it is too late.
:spam:

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to University of Maryland today! Will be attending in the fall it was my #1 choice!

Reactions: 10 users
ACCEPTED to the University of Maryland!!! Attending 100% and turning down offers from NYU, Temple, and Tuoro!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Oh yeah uh I don't think I said I'm going to NYU in here :oops:. My one and only acceptance anyways I'll take it ^_^

Reactions: 8 users
Oh yeah uh I don't think I said I'm going to NYU in here :oops:. My one and only acceptance anyways I'll take it ^_^

congrats bro. still remember your comments from my DAT breakdown hahaha :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So after almost a whole year (Was June really so long ago)? I can give my last and final update. Applied to 8 schools, interviewed at 4 (Ohio, Michigan, UNLV, Utah). Of the interviewed at schools, I was rejected by Michigan and UNLV/Utah both waitlisted me. Ohio initially waitlisted me but I was accepted about 10 days ago!

So, I'll be attending Ohio and I'm super excited to move my wife and I out there! Should be fun. And terrifying.

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone know what the story is with Columbia? April first deadline just passed. Any idea when they might start handing out some more acceptances? I interviewed in January. Been waiting ever since.

ACCEPTED to the University of Maryland!!! Attending 100% and turning down offers from NYU, Temple, and Tuoro!!!
I know I've trolled you in the past but dude biggest congrats to you! So happy to see you get in I know how bad you wanted it

So after almost a whole year (Was June really so long ago)? I can give my last and final update. Applied to 8 schools, interviewed at 4 (Ohio, Michigan, UNLV, Utah). Of the interviewed at schools, I was rejected by Michigan and UNLV/Utah both waitlisted me. Ohio initially waitlisted me but I was accepted about 10 days ago!

So, I'll be attending Ohio and I'm super excited to move my wife and I out there! Should be fun. And terrifying.

My man! Congrats dude

Reactions: 3 users
Never posted on here but accepted my offer at the University of Maryland lately. Good luck to everyone hearing back from schools :soexcited::claps:

Never posted on here but accepted my offer at the University of Maryland lately. Good luck to everyone hearing back from schools :soexcited::claps:
Told you good news was coming!

Anyone know what addresses they want when they say other addresses? I don't remember all the ones I lived at in college.

I'm super late to all of this but thought I would just post for the record of future SDNers.

oGPA: 3.41, sGPA: 3.05
DAT: AA 20, TS 20, PAT 23, RC 21, QR 21

Applied: Pitt, Temple, Indiana, BU, Touro, NYU, Howard, OSU, UNE, USC, Pacific, UCSF, Western, Midwestern IL, Midwestern AZ and a whole bunch more.
Interviews/Acceptances: Indiana (Interviewed 11/5, Waitlisted 1/30, Accepted 2/27), Touro (Interviewed 2/15, Waitlisted 3/8, Accepted 3/21)
Attending: Indiana

Hi everyone! Congrats to all those who are accepted already! Right now I have a tough decision to make between Touro and Roseman... I'm really torn between choosing one of the two. I'm from California and I know I want to specialize. My concerns are the school reputation, cost, location, distance from family,... any advice/ideas are appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Congrats to all those who are accepted already! Right now I have a tough decision to make between Touro and Roseman... I'm really torn between choosing one of the two. I'm from California and I know I want to specialize. My concerns are the school reputation, cost, location, distance from family,... any advice/ideas are appreciated!
I would say Roseman! Everything you listed seemed to fit Roseman more than Touro.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes! Only I think Touro is much cheaper tuition-wise! I am leaning towards Roseman too! :)
Yep! And I believe CoL and expenses to visit family will make up for that

Accepted to University of Maryland today! Will be attending in the fall it was my #1 choice!

Congrats! My friend goes to Maryland and she tells me it's an amazing place to learn dentistry :)

I know I've trolled you in the past but dude biggest congrats to you! So happy to see you get in I know how bad you wanted it

My man! Congrats dude

Thanks dude! Glad we both were successful. Troll on brother! No hard feelings :):biglove::corny::zip::welcome:

I'm super late to all of this but thought I would just post for the record of future SDNers.

oGPA: 3.41, sGPA: 3.05
DAT: AA 20, TS 20, PAT 23, RC 21, QR 21

Applied: Pitt, Temple, Indiana, BU, Touro, NYU, Howard, OSU, UNE, USC, Pacific, UCSF, Western, Midwestern IL, Midwestern AZ and a whole bunch more.
Interviews/Acceptances: Indiana (Interviewed 11/5, Waitlisted 1/30, Accepted 2/27), Touro (Interviewed 2/15, Waitlisted 3/8, Accepted 3/21)
Attending: Indiana
Did you apply to NOVA?

Has anyone been on the NYU waitlist and been rejected? Thanks in advance!

My wait is over... Attending Temple and dropping LECOM. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
First acceptance!!!

Got the call from MOSDOH yesterday and I feel so blessed.
Life is good.

Reactions: 20 users
I know that students have the possibility of getting accepted even a week before school starts, but when is the best chance of getting accepted off of the waitlist? When May comes around is it safe to say our chances diminished significantly?

I know that students have the possibility of getting accepted even a week before school starts, but when is the best chance of getting accepted off of the waitlist? When May comes around is it safe to say our chances diminished significantly?
I would say your best chances to get accepted are before May. I would call the schools that are you waitlisted at and try and find out what number you are on the waitlist, so you can have a better idea of whether or not you should consider reapplying. That being said, my dad got 3 acceptances from some med schools he applied to back in the day, 2 days before classes started so you never know what can happen...

I would say your best chances to get accepted are before May. I would call the schools that are you waitlisted at and try and find out what number you are on the waitlist, so you can have a better idea of whether or not you should consider reapplying. That being said, my dad got 3 acceptances from some med schools he applied to back in the day, 2 days before classes started so you never know what can happen...
Do many students ask what number they are /do schools tend to give that information? =o