Official 2015 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KushWeedNuggetsStankyLeg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
M2 here. Starting today, I am just going to be reviewing for Step 1 which I am taking next May, and nothing else. Here is my plan:

Oct 23-Dec 31: Memorize FA2014, Watch all of Pathoma
Jan 1-Jan 31: FA2015, Pathoma (pass 2), Kaplan QBank
Feb 1-Feb 28: FA2015 (pass 2), Pathoma (pass 3), USMLERX
March 1- March 31: FA2015 (pass 3), Pathoma (pass 4): UWorld
April 1- Mid May: FA2015 (pass 4), Pathoma (selective topics), UWorld (pass 2), all practice tests

Goal: High number

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
M2 also. School in SE and graded, so I can't afford to not pay attention. I want to learn as much as I can in class, so I don't have to MEMORIZE FA. Wish I could just prep fully for Step 2, but I need to pass too. I currently try and complete USMLERx when I'm frustrated with studying and to review after test blocks for retention.

I am planning to purchase Kaplan High Yield (comes with Qbank) in the next 2 weeks because I feel I need structure. Don't like studying for long hours. Currently, I don't have a real plan (I'm open to any advice). My school purchased us 3 months Uworld but I extended to 6 months, which I plan to start January. I have FA2013 but plan to purchase FA2015. I read Golijan RR with classes and sometimes look at pathoma for lectures they don't teach well. I will use Pathoma for dedicated. I haven't used the Golijan Audio yet but have access to it.

Goal: 240+ but I've never been that great a test-taker, we shall see. I'm an average nontrad student.
Test: TBD (April-June)

Reactions: 1 users
M2 here. School is a waste of time. Starting today, I am just going to be reviewing for Step 1 which I am taking next May, and nothing else. Here is my plan:

April 1- Mid May: FA2015 (pass 4), Pathoma (selective topics), UWorld (pass 2), all practice tests

Goal: 270

EDIT: Yes, I joined today and picked a ridiculous name, but I am serious.
M2 here too. Taking it in early May. 100% agree, don't know why I am getting tons of loan to pay the school. what a waste! Count me in. Let's get this done mudda phudaa!!!!

btw, I am just a humble med student who just want to pass. lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
M2 here too. Taking it in early May. 100% agree, don't know why I am getting tons of loan to pay the school. what a waste! Count me in. Let's get this done mudda phudaa!!!!

btw, I am a humble med student who just want to pass. lol!

Love it, man. I'm just throwing out a ridiculous goal with the 270, so no worries lol.

You are clearly invested into Step 1 prep with your posts, which is great. What are your thoughts on this increased emphasis of "safety and quality" on the Step 1 in coming years, as far as preparation? Any good resources/things that you have considered regarding that? If you find anything in the future, let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Love it, man. I'm just throwing out a ridiculous goal with the 270, so no worries lol.

You are clearly invested into Step 1 prep with your posts, which is great. What are your thoughts on this increased emphasis of "safety and quality" on the Step 1 in coming years, as far as preparation? Any good resources/things that you have considered regarding that? If you find anything in the future, let me know!

I was happy to see this thread. Thanks for starting the thread man. Not sure about the emphasis of "safety and quality," but I am just doing questions like crazy as I am learning from school. So last unit we learned cardiology and I just did all the cardiology questions I could find from my q banks. I am doing questions from 4 diff q banks. So that's basically what I am doing so I can do well in school exams and eventually do well in step 1.

Also, I have been doing some biochem questions as well...

It's almost half way through my M2, so I I am going to try one of the early NBMEs just to see what the questions are like as I hear you get a lot of wtf questions from the real deal. I'll keep you guys posted.

M2 here. School is a waste of time. Starting today, I am just going to be reviewing for Step 1 which I am taking next May, and nothing else. Here is my plan:

I wouldn't necessarily say school is a waste of time. A lot of posters here will tell you that Step success really depends on how well you performed and studied in basic sciences. Anyone can UFAP for 2 months and get a solid score, but makes a good score become a great score are the little details that you pick up along the way in basic sciences. I took my Step two weeks ago and I can't tell you how many questions I got right just from what I remember a professor lecturing on that wasn't found in any of the big 3 study materials. I later found the answers in Harrisons or Cecils or Uptodate

lolz @ serious

(and 4.5 x Pathoma at 1 month per pass)

I wouldn't necessarily say school is a waste of time. A lot of posters here will tell you that Step success really depends on how well you performed and studied in basic sciences. Anyone can UFAP for 2 months and get a solid score, but makes a good score become a great score are the little details that you pick up along the way in basic sciences. I took my Step two weeks ago and I can't tell you how many questions I got right just from what I remember a professor lecturing on that wasn't found in any of the big 3 study materials. I later found the answers in Harrisons or Cecils or Uptodate

Not sure if your Big 3 includes Goljan RR, 'cuz if it does, I find that unlikely.

M2 with no solid plan as of yet, but I have started watching a few pathoma videos to at least get me started.

Looking to score 240+

Right now interested in scoring well for matching into Anesthesiology, Radiology, or Internal Medicine with Fellowship

Looking forward to checking into this thread :)

Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm a second year DO student. Planning on taking both USMLE and COMLEX sometime in June. I've been using Pathoma since the beginning of M2 year with some Rapid Review mixed in. I've also been using Picmonic and Firecracker since M1 year, although I haven't been consistent with Firecracker recently. I tried starting Rx earlier this month by doing some cardiopharm questions since we had cardio last block, but I got discouraged pretty fast and stopped. Apparently I don't retain things very well from class lol. I'll probably pick it up again after this weekend after I do some review.

Goal: 240+, but I don't know how realistic this is yet...

Last edited:
Whoa this is early! But I'm a M2 at an US allopathic med school (non-top 50).

Goal: 250

Currently reading (and watching) FA14/RR Path/Pathoma alongside classes. Also, purchased a subscription to USMLERx that I've been doing throughout this semester. Will purchase UWorld around April-ish and plan to make one full and thorough pass through that before sitting for Step 1. Plan on taking the test sometime in early June, so I'll be on this roller coaster for a while! Good luck to everyone! :D

Maybe you are right. But I find 'school' to be very low yield and of a learning style that doesn't match my strengths.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an M2 at US MD school. I've been working my ass off in classes, but also planing ahead for Step 1. Using a new account to hide my identity, so I can be completely honest.

M1 grades: all honors. M2 grade goals: as close to all honors as I can get (currently all H). Step 1 goal: highest I can get.

Here's my plan:

1) Finish Pathoma with classes (multiple passes spread throughout the year).

2) Read FA14/15 once before exams. Not annotating because, according to a 3rd year friend, people who generally do well during the year don't need to annotate much. It's a waste of time because most of the information annotated either comes back rapidly or is retained throughout the year.

3) 90%+ completion of M2 material in RX and UW. I haven't done any M1 questions in the qbanks, and don't plan to until dedicated.

4) During dedicated studying, I plan study for roughly 6-7 weeks. I will do 2 detailed passes through FA and 1 quick one in the final week. I will start dedicated with a pass through RX then switch to UW until the last week or so when I will just focus on incorrects, personal notes, FA, and free 150s the day before. I also plan on doing ~1.5 passes through Pathoma along with some time spent looking through Microcards, Pharmcards, Anki cards I made, and maybe RR Path.

5) To build endurance and track progress, I will be doing double NBMEs/UWSA once per week.

6) Doing qbanks so far, I noticed I can generally do a block of UW/RX in under 30 minutes excluding review. Based on that, I plan on putting an additional time restriction on NBMEs. I'll start with only 50 minutes per block and slowly build to 25 minutes per block, or more, to emulate the time crunch everyone reports experiencing on the real thing. It will probably lower the accuracy of NBMEs in predicting my real Step 1, but as long as the prediction is in the negative direction compared to reality, I'm okay with it.

Yes, I sound like a cut throat psycho or a troll. That's why I made a new account for this. I'm completely serious.

When I was in college, I was cocky as hell about getting into med school, and it screwed me over badly. I learned the hard way that the only way I could get where I wanted to go was by working my ass off all the time. I don't know what I want to specialize in, but I want absolutely nothing to hold me back. I plan on rocking Step 1/2 and third year as hard as possible to ensure that.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Reactions: 5 users
Wow. I am actually posting in here now. M2 IMG in England. We technically finish our pre clinical lectures in January. But will sit step 1 in August. I have no plan.. Yet... But have been using first aid alongside my lectures to see if there is anything that I feel I needed to add.

Eek.

I'm an M2 at US MD school. I've been working my ass off in classes, but also planing ahead for Step 1. Using a new account to hide my identity, so I can be completely honest.

M1 grades: all honors. M2 grade goals: as close to all honors as I can get (currently all H). Step 1 goal: highest I can get.

Here's my plan:

1) Finish Pathoma with classes (multiple passes spread throughout the year).

2) Read FA14/15 once before exams. Not annotating because, according to a 3rd year friend, people who generally do well during the year don't need to annotate much. It's a waste of time because most of the information annotated either comes back rapidly or is retained throughout the year.

3) 90%+ completion of M2 material in RX and UW. I haven't done any M1 questions in the qbanks, and don't plan to until dedicated.

4) During dedicated studying, I plan study for roughly 6-7 weeks. I will do 2 detailed passes through FA and 1 quick one in the final week. I will start dedicated with a pass through RX then switch to UW until the last week or so when I will just focus on incorrects, personal notes, FA, and free 150s the day before. I also plan on doing ~1.5 passes through Pathoma along with some time spent looking through Microcards, Pharmcards, Anki cards I made, and maybe RR Path.

5) To build endurance and track progress, I will be doing double NBMEs/UWSA once per week.

6) Doing qbanks so far, I noticed I can generally do a block of UW/RX in under 30 minutes excluding review. Based on that, I plan on putting an additional time restriction on NBMEs. I'll start with only 50 minutes per block and slowly build to 25 minutes per block, or more, to emulate the time crunch everyone reports experiencing on the real thing. It will probably lower the accuracy of NBMEs in predicting my real Step 1, but as long as the prediction is in the negative direction compared to reality, I'm okay with it.

Yes, I sound like a cut throat psycho or a troll. That's why I made a new account for this. I'm completely serious.

When I was in college, I was cocky as hell about getting into med school, and it screwed me over badly. I learned the hard way that the only way I could get where I wanted to go was by working my ass off all the time. I don't know what I want to specialize in, but I want absolutely nothing to hold me back. I plan on rocking Step 1/2 and third year as hard as possible to ensure that.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Sounds like you're crushing things! And I know you are completely serious (as am I).

Question: M1 stuff is a lot lower yield than M2 stuff, obviously. However, do you still think it will be a bit much to do all of the M1 questions and topics in the dedicated period? I know, for example, biochem is a complete cram subject, but I do not wish to save 54 pages of it for the dedicated study period. I am sure this has been discussed a lot on here, so maybe I should look it up on previous years' threads.

Sounds like you're crushing things! And I know you are completely serious (as am I).

Question: M1 stuff is a lot lower yield than M2 stuff, obviously. However, do you still think it will be a bit much to do all of the M1 questions and topics in the dedicated period? I know, for example, biochem is a complete cram subject, but I do not wish to save 54 pages of it for the dedicated study period. I am sure this has been discussed a lot on here, so maybe I should look it up on previous years' threads.

I was considering doing M1 questions over winter/spring break, but I figured reviewing earlier material from M2 would be better. I don't know honestly.

One of the issues with doing M1 questions early is that they tend to integrate M2 material into the question stem. You may not need to know that bit of M2 material to answer the question, but it may make the question easier if you do.

At the same time, I don't think I've completely all of M1. So much M2 material builds off of it that it's hard to forget. I'm also tutoring some classes, including anatomy, to M1s this year forcing me to review that stuff again. I've found skimming the material once before tutoring makes nearly all of it come back except for the details that I probably don't need to know much of for Step 1.

I'll probably try doing a few blocks over spring break when most M2 stuff is done, but I think dedicated is more than enough for M1 stuff.

Not too much in my case. I feel overwhelmed from M2 classes, but I try to do the step 1 study right after the exam weekend.

so I think I told you guys I was going to do the NBME 7. I did and it was horrible. A lot of strange ethic BS questions that I got confused with.... But at least I was glad to see some familiar questions that I encountered from my pathology/pharm class.

I am halfway through my M2, so I thought I could do some decent job on the topics I learned including anatomy, biochem, but I was wrong about this. There were definitely some straightforward questions, but I felt there were many wtf questions. At least I was able get an idea what the real questions are like.

Good luck studying guys.

How much time per day do you guys plan to set aside daily for prep during M2?

I'm using part of my mornings for prep since I focus better during that time and our morning lectures aren't mandatory. I plan on increasing the number of hours once we finish our current block at the end of November.

Not too much in my case. I feel overwhelmed from M2 classes, but I try to do the step 1 study right after the exam weekend.

so I think I told you guys I was going to do the NBME 7. I did and it was horrible. A lot of strange ethic BS questions that I got confused with.... But at least I was glad to see some familiar questions that I encountered from my pathology/pharm class.

I am halfway through my M2, so I thought I could do some decent job on the topics I learned including anatomy, biochem, but I was wrong about this. There were definitely some straightforward questions, but I felt there were many wtf questions. At least I was able get an idea what the real questions are like.

Good luck studying guys.

You took an NBME? Weren't there questions on systems/topics that you haven't covered in class yet though? Or can you pick and choose what subjects to do like with question banks?

I'm using part of my mornings for prep since I focus better during that time and our morning lectures aren't mandatory. I plan on increasing the number of hours once we finish our current block at the end of November.

You took an NBME? Weren't there questions on systems/topics that you haven't covered in class yet though? Or can you pick and choose what subjects to do like with question banks?
yeah I did. I mean I don't this is too early for NBME for me, since our school started early and we are already half way through path, pharm, and micro.

Basically it has 4 parts (1 part has 50 questions), so it's total 200 questions. It's all mixed together and you can not choose subject unlike q banks. The annoying part is that they don't show you the correct answer, just show you the questions you got wrong. It sucks. No kind explanation either.

Also, I wanted to know what the real questions are and I think they are very different from UWorld. I've been doing some UWorld along with my path/pharm course and the actual NBME questions were pretty tough. There are obviously some straighfoward questions, but a lot of them had answer choices that I was like wtf, did I just read the question right?

yeah I did. I mean I don't this is too early for NBME for me, since our school started early and we are already half way through path, pharm, and micro.

Basically it has 4 parts (1 part has 50 questions), so it's total 200 questions. It's all mixed together and you can not choose subject unlike q banks. The annoying part is that they don't show you the correct answer, just show you the questions you got wrong. It sucks. No kind explanation either.

Also, I wanted to know what the real questions are and I think they are very different from UWorld. I've been doing some UWorld along with my path/pharm course and the actual NBME questions were pretty tough. There are obviously some straighfoward questions, but a lot of them had answer choices that I was like wtf, did I just read the question right?

Is that with the expanded feedback? I thought I read that you could see the ones you got right too and the explanations for answers..unless I'm thinking about something else..

Props to you for getting on the qbanks now. I wasn't planning on doing UWorld until January lol.

Is that with the expanded feedback? I thought I read that you could see the ones you got right too and the explanations for answers..unless I'm thinking about something else..

Props to you for getting on the qbanks now. I wasn't planning on doing UWorld until January lol.

Q banks help a lot with exams. There have been several points on exams that I only go right just because of endless q bank questions. They also develop stamina and exam taking techniques that will be helpful next summer.

Q banks help a lot with exams. There have been several points on exams that I only go right just because of endless q bank questions. They also develop stamina and exam taking techniques that will be helpful next summer.

I have Rx and am thinking of also getting Kaplan's qbank, but I haven't really got a consistent schedule down yet. Ideally, I would review material one day and then do some questions (tutor mode, untimed) on it the following morning. I want to get to the point where I'm doing some questions everyday, so I'd have to be continuously reviewing old material everyday as well. I'm not sure if this is what people usually do, but I can't imagine doing a bunch of questions in timed + random mode right now because I feel like I just don't remember enough to pull information out of my head.

How are you guys who are doing q banks going about the whole thing?

I have Rx and am thinking of also getting Kaplan's qbank, but I haven't really got a consistent schedule down yet. Ideally, I would review material one day and then do some questions (tutor mode, untimed) on it the following morning. I want to get to the point where I'm doing some questions everyday, so I'd have to be continuously reviewing old material everyday as well. I'm not sure if this is what people usually do, but I can't imagine doing a bunch of questions in timed + random mode right now because I feel like I just don't remember enough to pull information out of my head.

I set aside time before every exam after I've gone through the material a few times to do just q bank questions those days. It's tough to find time, but if you force yourself to plan ahead for these days, it's totally doable.

yeah it is with the expanded feedback. it shows you what you got wrong. I'll look into more detail and let you know. My friends who took it this year strongly recommended not to wait and use it along I learn from school. I've been doing that. So when he had hematology, I did all the UW hematology, I think it definitely helped. I am doing Kaplan too. My impress is that UW is surprisingly easier than I expected and I find their explanation is very helpful.

Anyway, let's keep up the hard work. Good hunting! Back to study.

so basically I did all the hematology of Kaplan and Q bank when we covered that at school. I also did the Rx too. It doesn't take that too much of time. I think.

I set aside time before every exam after I've gone through the material a few times to do just q bank questions those days. It's tough to find time, but if you force yourself to plan ahead for these days, it's totally doable.

I try to squeeze in some professor written questions the night before an exam but didn't really think about doing qbank questions too. Yeah, I might just have to force myself to block off some more time to do those. Thanks for the input!

yeah it is with the expanded feedback. it shows you what you got wrong. I'll look into more detail and let you know. My friends who took it this year strongly recommended not to wait and use it along I learn from school. I've been doing that. So when he had hematology, I did all the UW hematology, I think it definitely helped. I am doing Kaplan too. My impress is that UW is surprisingly easier than I expected and I find their explanation is very helpful.

Anyway, let's keep up the hard work. Good hunting! Back to study.

so basically I did all the hematology of Kaplan and Q bank when we covered that at school. I also did the Rx too. It doesn't take that too much of time. I think.

Thanks! I was thinking about doing questions along with what we're covering in school, but we're doing 4 systems right now and tbh it's hard to keep up with class alone. I guess I'll just have to make it work somehow!

I do it when I feel like I am going to vomit with all the study from school. I find it surprisingly restful when I do Q bank questions with auditory hallucination from Dr. Sattar. Hopefully this won't last more than 6 months lol!

Quick question for you all - I'm planning on taking the exam either on Dec 2 (tuesday) or Dec 8 (the following Monday). If I take the exam on the 2nd of Dec, I should be getting my scores back on Dec 24! But if I take it on the 8th, I should be getting my exam results obviously one week later on the 31st. My question is: Do you think they'll release scores on December 31st being NYE/Holiday season?
I really want to get my score before the New Year for numerous personal reasons! If ANYONE can provide any feedback or has heard of people getting their scores around then, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Quick question for you all - I'm planning on taking the exam either on Dec 2 (tuesday) or Dec 8 (the following Monday). If I take the exam on the 2nd of Dec, I should be getting my scores back on Dec 24! But if I take it on the 8th, I should be getting my exam results obviously one week later on the 31st. My question is: Do you think they'll release scores on December 31st being NYE/Holiday season?
I really want to get my score before the New Year for numerous personal reasons! If ANYONE can provide any feedback or has heard of people getting their scores around then, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!!!
I have no clue man. You might want to check out the 2014 thread. They may have some answers for you. good luck.

I'll be taking the exam at the start of May. My goal now is to get as much of Brosencephalons Anki deck done before winter break. Then after winter break keep up with reviews and start doing Q Banks, saving UWorld for the dedicated month.

For each of my classes I watch pathoma, and I will probably do a review of pathoma during the dedicated study time.

Guess I'll join since the prior threads have been very helpful to me. Haven't made a specific schedule yet, but I'm thinking of just doing subject-specific tutored mode Rx in the morning followed by random/timed UWorld in the afternoon with Pathoma/FA sprinkled in there somewhere. Currently, I've just been watching Pathoma, reading FA, and doing Robbins review questions alongside classes, and then some Kaplan qbank after our module exams.

I am trying to decide on my aids. I have been using first aid 2013 to flick through to see what level of understanding I need in general and what stuff I need to read more about.

For that reason I will be getting 2015 when it is out.
I have usmle rx which will expire may 2015.
I have what would be the equivalent of M2 finals in January. Where essentially all our pre clinicals end.

I keep hearing about Pathoma. Guessing it is pathology focused? I've heard about supplementing microbiology. Is this necessary?

Think I mentioned taking it in August. I am a bit worried about taking it in that time because we only have 3 weeks off, which means that's all I have for dedicated study.

I am trying to decide on my aids. I have been using first aid 2013 to flick through to see what level of understanding I need in general and what stuff I need to read more about.

For that reason I will be getting 2015 when it is out.
I have usmle rx which will expire may 2015.
I have what would be the equivalent of M2 finals in January. Where essentially all our pre clinicals end.

I keep hearing about Pathoma. Guessing it is pathology focused? I've heard about supplementing microbiology. Is this necessary?

Think I mentioned taking it in August. I am a bit worried about taking it in that time because we only have 3 weeks off, which means that's all I have for dedicated study.

Pathoma is a series of videos by a pathologist who teaches you all the fundamentals of path you need to know for step 1. He's amazing because he doesn't just tell you the what, but also the why behind it. And he does it in a very simple manner using drawings and continual repetition. He also has a book available for you to follow along with him.

http://www.pathoma.com/

You can also find his material online just by googling if that's your thing..

Do you begin 3rd year in January, or is it more a research/self-enrichment period? If the former, apparently clinicals can be a tremendous help on Step, so I wouldn't worry too much and just study when you can during that time, and of course hit it hard during those dedicated 3 weeks. If the latter, you may be able to make out some time for studying, essentially giving you several months to study.

Pathoma is a series of videos by a pathologist who teaches you all the fundamentals of path you need to know for step 1. He's amazing because he doesn't just tell you the what, but also the why behind it. And he does it in a very simple manner using drawings and continual repetition. He also has a book available for you to follow along with him.

http://www.pathoma.com/

You can also find his material online just by googling if that's your thing..

Do you begin 3rd year in January, or is it more a research/self-enrichment period? If the former, apparently clinicals can be a tremendous help on Step, so I wouldn't worry too much and just study when you can during that time, and of course hit it hard during those dedicated 3 weeks. If the latter, you may be able to make out some time for studying, essentially giving you several months to study.

Thank you. I had a gander and will definitely invest. Guess that's still why I am working part time:unsure:

We start our junior rotations in March. So you do have a point. Thanks again.

i am a long time lurker here at this forum but have finally started studying for step 1 seriously a few weeks back. i am an IMG and just started my final year. i am planning to take step 1 in late januray or february. im a bit pressed for time but i hope ill be able to complete UFAP. im doing FA first pass, around 60% done. i have around 3 months for prep and ill be having my rotations as well (no dedicated prep time). i hope to do 2 more passes of FA and 1 pass of pathoma in the next two months and then utilize the last month for UW. Goal: 250
1) i am concerned about the increasing trend of difficult anatomy questions on step 1
2) im am not sure if il be able to go through FA2015 as ill only have a couple of weeks to take a quick look at it

Well just completed my second block of exams. Just purchased Kaplan High Yield! I plan to do a block or 2 of USMLERx Qs to review this blocks material. I haven't really read FA at all. I don't really like it but I guess I should get over it. I lose interest when I try.

M2 taking on either 2/24 or 2/27 (if pro-metric opens up more dates :mad:).

I plan to start studying after this block finishes (end of November). Most likely UFAP with DIT for non-pathology review. Picmonic for pharm. Been using pathoma/picmonic since M1 for all the blocks, so hopefully it will mostly be reviewing. My school opens UWorld+Rx in December for us. I've heard from some third years that cramfighter is helpful in making a schedule, so I'm thinking about using that to get a schedule going.

Goal is very high lol

I plan to start studying after this block finishes (end of November). Most likely UFAP with DIT for non-pathology review. Picmonic for pharm. Been using pathoma/picmonic since M1 for all the blocks, so hopefully it will mostly be reviewing. My school opens UWorld+Rx in December for us. I've heard from some third years that cramfighter is helpful in making a schedule, so I'm thinking about using that to get a schedule going.

Goal is very high lol

Wow, your school gives you almost 3 months to prepare? I am JEALOUS!

Goal is very high lol

How are you using picmonic? Looked through it, wasn't too impressed. Is everything in FA covered well?

How are you using picmonic? Looked through it, wasn't too impressed. Is everything in FA covered well?

I have literally only used it for pharm, and it has been golden on all the in-block NBME finals I've taken. Whether it or FA covers more I don't know, I've never looked at a drug in first aid lol

M2 here as well. My only plan is to learn everything well the first time. I'm doing Rx, Kaplan Qbank, and Firecracker throughout the year. Obviously Pathoma + FA are in there as well. Curriculum here is pretty bad so a lot of my learning is going to be from qbanks and KLN. Taking Step 1 in mid-June (approximately 5 weeks dedicated prep).

Goal: 270+ (might as well start high!)

Also, so far my grades this year have been a little lower (relative to the class) than last year by about 0.2-0.3SD. Hopefully because I'm spending more time studying board materials than class notes. Anyone else experiences a minor dip in grades?

M2 here as well. My only plan is to learn everything well the first time. I'm doing Rx, Kaplan Qbank, and Firecracker throughout the year. Obviously Pathoma + FA are in there as well. Curriculum here is pretty bad so a lot of my learning is going to be from qbanks and KLN. Taking Step 1 in mid-June (approximately 5 weeks dedicated prep).

Goal: 270+ (might as well start high!)

Also, so far my grades this year have been a little lower (relative to the class) than last year by about 0.2-0.3SD. Hopefully because I'm spending more time studying board materials than class notes. Anyone else experiences a minor dip in grades?
same here, I've been doing average/slightly below average. But no worries. As long as you passing (not barely though...) and focusing on step 1 material, you should be fine. I've seen plenty of people who was just so so in class but aced step 1. Good luck studying.

What Micro resource are you guys using for Step 1 and for your classes? I've been using Anki, and for Step 1 I plan on using MicroCards and First Aid. Appreciate feedback. Thanks.

A little bit, yes. I try to parallel Step 1 studying with what we're learning in class though, so there's some overlap.

What Micro resource are you guys using for Step 1 and for your classes? I've been using Anki, and for Step 1 I plan on using MicroCards and First Aid. Appreciate feedback. Thanks.

I used Picmonic during class and it helped me a ton. I can still remember details about bugs over half a year later. I used microcards briefly last year, but dropped them after discovering Picmonic. I did like reading their clinical vignettes though.