Official 2015-2016 Allergy/Immunology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tulane 8/13
SUNY Buffalo 8/13

Members don't see this ad.

Received interview invites from Jefferson/Dupont and Northwestern this week.

Also heard from National Jewish (Colorado) this past week.

Members don't see this ad :)
it has been really quite for a long time...no interviews in over a week. you think most programs are done by now?

it has been really quite for a long time...no interviews in over a week. you think most programs are done by now?
Based on our list based on this forum, it seems very incomplete and missing so many programs. Obviously this forum isn't as active as last year, but based on last years forum, interviews were coming as late as Sept 16-18...

It does seem like interviews are flowing in more slowly this year. Has anyone heard from any California programs? I have 5 interviews thus far, and I'm a little nervous that I don't have more at this point based on prior years' boards.

Yeah I was assuming there are a few weeks left based on last year's posts.... I have not personally heard from any CA schools, but there were a few on the list if you look back in the posts.

IV from Umich
What is a safe number of interviews to go on in order to secure a spot?

Members don't see this ad :)
IV from Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City on 8/24

I also received from USF this week. How many interviews do you all plan on attending?

I plan on going to 10. I am not sure what the magic number is but I would assume it is close to 8-10 (as most other subspecialties are).

Cool, thanks! I think I'm going to try and go to 10 as well.

Has anyone heard from Northwestern, IM side?

I haven't heard from Northwestern IM side. Has anyone heard from any californian programs beside UCSD?

Any idea on how many programs still haven't sent out invites? I just have 4 interviews and that's not a good number especially for an IMG requiring visa sponsorpship

Just got an IV from Kansas City University yest. Also University of Mississippi hasn't even reviewed applications. So maybe a few more IVs possible?

I don't think these have been mentioned:

CHOP
MGH
UNC
Duke
Rush

@skypink Miami sent out invites a few weeks ago

Last edited:
MGH gave out interviews a few weeks ago
Sorry, I should have clarified! I'm adding those to the list of places that have offered, but that I haven't seen in the thread yet.

MCW interview invite last week.....didn't see it mentioned yet on this thread
also Ohio invite last week

I honestly don't think I would have the stamina to attend 10 interviews---I think I would be too burnt out by the end....I plan on attending 6-8
On the bright side, I did talk to a few fellows who told me they attended only 2-4 interviews total (crazy right?) and still matched...I'm not that confident but I think 6-8 should be fine

Are you guys cancelling interviews or not accepting them from the start? When would be the best time to cancel an interview if you are not sure you will make it ...

Has anyone heard from University of Tennessee?

I personally have not heard from Tennessee, but I know someone who has already been on their interview there in early September.

Are you guys cancelling interviews or not accepting them from the start? When would be the best time to cancel an interview if you are not sure you will make it ...

Well interestingly enough, on two of my interviews, there were applicants who just didn't show up! They didn't even call to cancel. I thought that was a bad idea, you don't want to burn bridges so at least call to cancel that's more polite!

I politely canceled the ones I didn't want to attend anymore. I gave them a weeks notice which I thought was ok.

Did anyone receive any correspondence from programs prior to the ROL deadline?

Did anyone receive any correspondence from programs prior to the ROL deadline?

I heard from a couple of programs. The emails were for the most part more specific than the phone calls.

MATCHED!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!

I really cannot believe it, I spent the whole morning praying...... =) =) =) I couldn't be happier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.