Official 2015-2016 Allergy/Immunology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me when I can start working on my ERAS for this application? and when is the earliest date we can submit? I cannot find this information anywhere....

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
So...Looking to apply to the Field of Allergy/Immunology, after changing my mind from ID. I am a Non-Traditional person, switched careers. went to American Medical School, have 2 Undergrad degrees, a lot of experience in health system prior to medial school and prior military experience. Have presented a case report at ACP and working on research now, with hope of submitting to AAAAI and ACP. Wondering, as an honest assessment, what my chances are. I am an IM trained person not trying to do a chief year, since I am a bit older. I am applying pretty wide and would like to do more research. Just looking for some good tips and perspective. Thank you

Planning to apply this year. App is filled out. Waiting for one of my allergy attending a to agree to a letter, lol. Both allergy mentors have positive things to say about me and matching. Just trying to get a feel... Went through the same angst for med school and residency. It has all worked out up to now. :)

Hi everyone! Can we see if programs have downloaded or viewed our application? On previous threads, it mentions you can but I'm not seeing the functionality in ERAS. Anyone received interviews yet? I know it's really early...

anyone received any interviews? seems like applicants in other specialties have started receiving invites

Hey guys, no interviews yet on my end. Anything for y'all? Has anyone heard about programs giving out IVs yet.

Acknowledgements from John Hopkins and University of Arizona.

Secondary application from UCSF
Invite from Vanderbilt

Members don't see this ad :)
Planning to apply this year. App is filled out. Waiting for one of my allergy attending a to agree to a letter, lol. Both allergy mentors have positive things to say about me and matching. Just trying to get a feel... Went through the same angst for med school and residency. It has all worked out up to now. :)

congratulations
how many programs have you applied to??

Got an IV at University of Wisconsin.

Updated IV list:

1. Vanderbilt (7/24)
2. John Hopkins (7/24)
3. University of Wisconsin (7/27)

Any updates from anyone else?

Interview invites:

1. Vanderbilt

Last edited:
congratulations
how many programs have you applied to??
I was pessimistic and applied to 45. A friend of mine who is a 2nd year fellow said she applied to 40 when she did it. She had a lot of interviews, and advised I pair it down. I just felt a bit more comfortable applying wide.

In response to AI2016, I'm applying from the peds side.

Updated IV list:

1. Vanderbilt (7/24)
2. John Hopkins (7/24)
4. NSLIJ (7/28)
5. Mayo (7/29)

Thanks for sharing, everyone! Let's hope for more interviews soon. Anyone receive any today?

IV from Ohio State

Nothing on my end. Hoping for something in my inbox soon!

Henry Ford today.

Updated IV list:

1. Vanderbilt (7/24)
2. John Hopkins (7/24)
4. NSLIJ (7/28)
5. Mayo (7/29)
6. Ohio State (8/3)
7. Henry Ford Hospital (8/4)

Submitted today! (I was waiting for a letter of rec) 26 programs.....phew! It's annoying how you have to assign document each separately, took so long to check off each and every box. Would have been easier to just click to assign the same things to all the programs. Glad it's done!

Submitted today! (I was waiting for a letter of rec) 26 programs.....phew! It's annoying how you have to assign document each separately, took so long to check off each and every box. Would have been easier to just click to assign the same things to all the programs. Glad it's done!
Good luck!

Got a few last week (from already mentioned programs). Nothing this week...sigh.

Hello all, since I'm reading this I thought I would contribute. Here are the interviews I've received so far (in order of receipt):
NIH
Wash U St. Louis
Emory
Ohio State
Univ. of Washington

Good luck!

Hello all, since I'm reading this I thought I would contribute. Here are the interviews I've received so far (in order of receipt):
NIH
Wash U St. Louis
Emory
Ohio State
Univ. of Washington

Good luck!

Hi, when did you get Emory IV?

Anyone heard anything from South / southwest programs?

NIH
Wash U St. Louis
Emory
Ohio State
Univ. of Washington

Good luck!

Would you mind putting the dates when you got the IV so we can update the list?

Updated list

1. Vanderbilt (7/24)
2. John Hopkins (7/24)
4. NSLIJ (7/28)
5. Mayo (7/29)
6. Ohio State (8/3)
7. Henry Ford Hospital (8/4)
8. NIH
9. Wash U
10. Emory
11. University of Washington

Seems this forum isn't as active as last years or even the other fellowship application cycle forums.

Also have interview invites from:

UCSD
UT Southwestern
UNC
Arizona

Sure, when I heard was:
NIH (7/26)
Wash U St. Louis (7/29)
Emory (8/4)
Ohio State (8/6)
Univ. of Washington (8/6)

Thanks for posting guys. Helps us all gauge where all the programs are at.

1. Vanderbilt (7/24)
2. John Hopkins (7/24)
3. NIH (7/26)
4. University of Wisconsin (7/27)
5. NSLIJ (7/28)
6. Mayo (7/29)
7. Wash U St. Louis (7/29)
8. Ohio State (8/3)
9. Henry Ford Hospital (8/4)
10.Emory (8/4)
11. Ohio State (8/6)
12. Univ. of Washington (8/6)
13. Tulane (8/7)
14. UVA (8/7)
15. UCSD
16. UT Southwestern
17. UNC
18. Arizona

Thanks everyone for sharing! IV from UPMC

Also got IV from Cincinnati. I'll update the list....

Vanderbilt (7/24)
John Hopkins (7/24)
NIH (7/26)
University of Wisconsin (7/27)
NSLIJ (7/28)
Mayo (7/29)
Wash U St. Louis (7/29)
Ohio State (8/3)
Penn State Hershey 8/3
Henry Ford Hospital (8/4)
Emory (8/4)
Ohio State (8/6)