This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Postbackhelp021819

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you attended the full Ochem 2 session, you should be fine, as you should already know the material. That leaves you taking only 2 hard sciences in reality which should be easily doable.

I took Biochem concurrently with Organic 2. As well as 13 credit hours of other coursework. It wasn't a problem for me, but my Biochem was curved. I struggled way more in Organic, but that wasn't because I didn't have time to study.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

So this summer I was granted a medical incomplete for Ochem II, but continued to attend class the entire 5 week session. Ochem II is a pre requisite for biochemistry, however the professor made an exception, as I attended class throughout the summer for Ochem II. I was planning on reviewing carbonyl chemistry before classes start up again, but am I putting myself in a very bad position if I try and take Biochem, OChem II and Cell Phys together? All are 3 credit classes with no labs. I'm taking the MCAT this spring, and want to have all my pre reqs done when I begin studying in January, which is why I am pushing Biochem this fall.

Opinions? Am I doomed?

Thanks!

I took orgo 2 and biochem in the same semester and was able to ace both but it was definitely tough. They do kind of contribute to one another though and I thoroughly enjoyed taking them together. I think you'll be fine OP as long as you go in with the mindset that this will be very challenging.

Hi everyone,

So this summer I was granted a medical incomplete for Ochem II, but continued to attend class the entire 5 week session. Ochem II is a pre requisite for biochemistry, however the professor made an exception, as I attended class throughout the summer for Ochem II. I was planning on reviewing carbonyl chemistry before classes start up again, but am I putting myself in a very bad position if I try and take Biochem, OChem II and Cell Phys together? All are 3 credit classes with no labs. I'm taking the MCAT this spring, and want to have all my pre reqs done when I begin studying in January, which is why I am pushing Biochem this fall.

Opinions? Am I doomed?

Thanks!

No, if you can't do well in these courses then you may not do well in medical school.

I took orgo 2, biochem, general physics 1, a graduate level seminar, and another (more humanities-type) chemistry class together, with two labs (orgo and physics), while working full time. I did fine (3 A+, 1 A, 1 A-); you will too if you're willing to just about kill yourself to get it done.

Reactions: 1 user