Observation hour verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jackinjac

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I volunteered in a hospital and a private clinic 2 years ago when I was not sure to pursue the filed physical therapy. Therefore I did not keep a log with recording types of patient I saw and how many hours I spent in each area. Recently, I asked the manager physical therapist to verify my hour by filling out the verification form. She listed total hour that I volunteered. But she could not provide specific information on area observed, neither I could. So on my PTCAS, I left area and type of patients blank. Have anyone of you experience the same thing? How does it affect my application?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should definitely try to list the type of patients you observed. If it's a private clinic, most likely you saw General Orthopedics, Geriatrics (if you slightly remember anyone over 50-60 years old, Pediatrics (if you saw anyone under 18 years ago), Neurological (if you saw anyone recovering post-stroke, etc.). If anything, at least put General Orthopedics since basically all PT Clinics deal with some type of musculoskeletal function.