OB shelf study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroKlitch

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start OB rotation tomorrow . What do you recommend . My plan , uworld, online Med ed , + 1 book . I'm thinking of step up to OB (if it exists ) any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I start OB rotation tomorrow . What do you recommend . My plan , uworld, online Med ed , + 1 book . I'm thinking of step up to OB (if it exists ) any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm in the middle of obgyn rn- that sounds good. If your school has uwise, I hear that's helpful for shelf- it's via the Apgo website but don't pay if Ur school doesn't offer it for free. But yeah, I'm using online meded...I decided to use uworld the last 2weeks and use these 3rd/4th to do the Kaplan questions just so that I'm seeing questions. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to studying, lol so that's my routine. Also, I need to see things repeatedly BC I forget it after a I read it >.< Also, casee files is good. One M3/4 told me: uworld, case files, and uwise is sufficient. My friend is using step up to obgyn- I looked at it- like FA but nicer to read/look at. But I'm being realistic of what I'll actually have time to read or make an effort to read.
But your plan is good :) if uworld is your only source of questions, though, do like 10 a day and then repeat them near the end of your rotation. It's not like Peds, where the shelf is hella difficult and shelf is kinda like IM+ step 1 lol... I literally studied for that the last week and of course didn't get honours. But ob is nice that it's definitely possible. GL ^^

Sent from my Moto G Play using SDN mobile

Watch the MedEd videos at the beginning to set a foundation. Be careful, it's probably the weakest section of OME; for instance, he says you don't need to know methergine and hemabate. You do. You definitely do, and the contraindications for each.

UWorld. :thumbup:

And if your school does it, the APGO questions. You can watch the videos (on youtube), but very, very little is relevant to the questions. I don't know how much it costs if your school doesn't provide it, so then you'd have to weigh the option.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm old, but Case Files was great when I took the shelf (http://amzn.to/2sKIl6v) and our med students here seem to still use it. You learn a lot clinically that helps with your shelf for this rotation. Totally possible to honor this shelf if you read case files and pay attention in your day-to-day rotation.

Is there a guide for M3 and M4 on this forum. I looked and could not find a concise resource guide. Would appreciate if anyone has time to make one.

I liked Blueprints + Uworld, APGO if your school has it.

Reactions: 1 user
That link doesn't work, and I meant not just for Ob/Gyn, but for all other rotations.

Not sure why it's not working for you, but there's Ob, Surg, Peds, and Family.

Blueprints was clutch, OB was the only rotation it was good for imo though. Blueprints + UWorld/APGO is enough to crush. Imo OME was good for the Gyn half, terrible for the OB half. Blueprints covered everything you need for OB in 4-5 chapters. OME has also apparently updated some of it's material since I used it though, so it may be better now.

Blueprints was clutch, OB was the only rotation it was good for imo though. Blueprints + UWorld/APGO is enough to crush. Imo OME was good for the Gyn half, terrible for the OB half. Blueprints covered everything you need for OB in 4-5 chapters. OME has also apparently updated some of it's material since I used it though, so it may be better now.

100% agree. If you have time to complete the APGO Qbank this is arguably enough to ace the OBGyn shelf. I don't particularly like OBGyn but aced the shelf using only APGO.