OAT Prep Questions Please!

Lori96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to take my test in about 19 more days and I have been studying the Kaplan OAT book (no course) on my own and I was wondering if this is sufficient enough. Does this book cover everything I would need to know? I've seen a few errors in this book as well, and I'm glad I had enough knowledge to catch them, but it makes it difficult for me to believe everything I'm studying, especially new material.

Unfortunately, organic chemistry and physics are my weakest subjects. I did well in organic chemistry but I had study sheets for my tests. So, I don't exactly fully understand everything. I haven't taken Physics 2 at my university either. I'm wondering if I should have additional resources to strengthen these two ares or, again, does the Kaplan OAT book cover those topics well enough?

I was also thinking of buying a book but I'm not sure how accurate it is to the real test. (It's called "
OAT Practice Questions: OAT Practice Tests and Exam Review for the Optometry Admission Test"
) I was also thinking of paying for the OAT Cracker ($99 for 6 months) but I'm not quite sure if it's worth it.

Also, for those who have used the OAT Cracker, if I do buy it, could I share it with a friend and would it work? Or are those tests a one time use. (I assume multiple uses considering it's $99 but I want to make sure.)

Apologies for the many questions but I hope to get some ideas! Thanks in advance to those who answer!

Members don't see this ad.

I solely used the Kaplan OAT book to study from for about 6 months. I also used practice tests from OAT Achiever and Gold Standard. The last 3 weeks I studied with the Kaplan book for about 8 hours a day, going through a couple chapters of each subject each day and it worked great for me (AA 370 and TS 380). I know other people say it doesn't cover absolutely everything, but studying just from Kaplan and mastering all of the material in that book worked for me! I didn't use the OAT Cracker, so can't speak on that. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I solely used the Kaplan OAT book to study from for about 6 months. I also used practice tests from OAT Achiever and Gold Standard. The last 3 weeks I studied with the Kaplan book for about 8 hours a day, going through a couple chapters of each subject each day and it worked great for me (AA 370 and TS 380). I know other people say it doesn't cover absolutely everything, but studying just from Kaplan and mastering all of the material in that book worked for me! I didn't use the OAT Cracker, so can't speak on that. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I was looking at OAT Achiever earlier. I'll probably use that!

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking, but how were the chemistry and physics components in terms of calculation/memorizing equations? Did you have any tips on that? Again, thanks for the advice!