OAT Cracker

tony729

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm posting for a friend that wants to take the OAT and is about to start studying. I came across OAT Cracker in my research and wanted some advice and thoughts on the program. Are there practice tests similar to the actual exam? Would you recommend another website for practice tests or is this sufficient to score well after covering the review material.

For review material she is thinking about using Cliffs AP Bio for the biology section and Chads for the GC, OC, Physics and QR. Then OAT destroyer for additional practice. It is a 1 month study schedule over the winter break but I think its doable. Any input on the current resources and game plan?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

So I have a similar question "what materials did people use to study?" but I can let you/your friend know what I am doing and hopefully others will comment also. I am taking my OAT in 3 weeks, and I started studying 2 weeks ago when my winter break started. I don't know if what I am doing is effective since I havent taken it, but this is the plan.

I have the big Kaplan book because I have heard that is very helpful! I started reading it (1,000 pages) and so far I have gotten thru Bio, gen chem, and half of orgo. I am hoping to finish orgo, and physics in the next 4-5 days. I did well in my prereq courses and remembered more than I thought I would. I felt half of bio (i didnt take anatomy so that was new to me), all of gen chem, and orgo so far was a reviewof what I already know, although I need to memorize formulas and patterns again. I didn't take notes on the chapters and I am considering going back and doing so I have study guides on all the stuff I dont know/the key points.

After finishing the book I am planning on doing one of the practice exams that is provided with the Kaplan book online, seeing my weak points and going back and studying those things again--possibly making study guides for the sections I did poorly in. I also plan on watching videos on material I dont understand as well. It is hard to tell when you are simply reading material, most of which seems like review, what you have mastered and what you havent.

How did those who already took the exam, and did well, study? Especially those to took the exam over winter break. I did not purchase OAT cracker because of the time constraint I am under; I don't know if I would get to a lot of the practice exams. All advice is encouraged !!