OAT and SAT/ACT correlation?

WhyNeedAName

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a rising Junior and I am starting the preparation for OAT. Some have told me that there's a slight correction between people who performed well in the SAT/ACT and people who performed well with the OAT. I want to see if anyone who did well on the OAT also did well when they took the SAT/ACT (or the other way with a bad score!)
If anyone wants to know my old SAT scores, I had 630 in math, a 520 in reading, and 710 in writing.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi WhyNeedAName,

My SAT was 1710 which isn't great, but I did get into the University of Georgia with that score. I took my OAT in May. My AA was 300 and 310. My stats are not fantastic, but not terrible either. With these OAT scores, I managed to get an interview with UAB, ICO and NOVA. From my experience, I will say that there is very little correlation with the SAT and OAT. I definitely felt like the OAT was easier. I do believe that my OAT went much better than my SAT. With the OAT, you can actually study for it. The SAT is harder to study for. I hope this helps! Based on your SAT scores, you definitely are ALOT smarter than me. :) so I think you'll do great on the OAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi WhyNeedAName,

My SAT was 1710 which isn't great, but I did get into the University of Georgia with that score. I took my OAT in May. My AA was 300 and 310. My stats are not fantastic, but not terrible either. With these OAT scores, I managed to get an interview with UAB, ICO and NOVA. From my experience, I will say that there is very little correlation with the SAT and OAT. I definitely felt like the OAT was easier. I do believe that my OAT went much better than my SAT. With the OAT, you can actually study for it. The SAT is harder to study for. I hope this helps! Based on your SAT scores, you definitely are ALOT smarter than me. :) so I think you'll do great on the OAT.
Thank you so much! And just so you know, I go to NSU undergrad and recently came back from an internship at UAB, so I can tell you what their optometry schools individually look for lol :):D