General Admissions & OTCAS NYU M.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a facebook group for students that are attending NYU?

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted my deposit!!!! :soexcited:

Also, is anyone going to the reception on April 5th?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those who were accepted, do you know when your deadline is to accept or decline your seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected off the waitlist...still doesn't make sense to me that you can be rejected after being put on the waitlist. Why not just be rejected the first time?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejected off the waitlist...still doesn't make sense to me that you can be rejected after being put on the waitlist. Why not just be rejected the first time?

Ugh I'm sorry that sucks. I have no idea why they do that.

They told me I have until April 17th to make a decision!

They told me I have until April 17th to make a decision!
Hey I called them 2 weeks ago and the lady on the phone told me that the April 17th date was a typo and that it was actually April 13th... I would call to make sure!

Hey I called them 2 weeks ago and the lady on the phone told me that the April 17th date was a typo and that it was actually April 13th... I would call to make sure!
I called them again to make sure today and admissions said April 17th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted into Columbia today!!
So I'm still on the waitlist for NYU.

My dilemma is that Columbia wants a response by April 5, 2017.
I'd love to go to NYU but I'm not sure when they will start picking people off the waitlist? Would it be after the deadline to accept their offer? When is NYUs deadline?

I got accepted into Columbia today!!
So I'm still on the waitlist for NYU.

My dilemma is that Columbia wants a response by April 5, 2017.
I'd love to go to NYU but I'm not sure when they will start picking people off the waitlist? Would it be after the deadline to accept their offer? When is NYUs deadline?
Congrats! I was waitlisted at NYU as well & waiting to hear back from Columbia. How much is Columbia's deposit ?

Congrats! I was waitlisted at NYU as well & waiting to hear back from Columbia. How much is Columbia's deposit ?

Thanks!
I hope I hear back from NYU soon. I really prefer nyu because of distance. So much more convenient for me .
Anyways, Columbias deposit is 500 and needs to be in 2 weeks after getting accepted.

So hopefully nyu accepts me soon and takes me off the waitlist. It seems like they are pulling people off the waitlist randomly.
At first I thought they would wait until April 17, which is the date that those accepted need to decide whether they are attending or not.

Just submitted my deposit!!!! :soexcited:

Also, is anyone going to the reception on April 5th?
Just submitted my deposit for nyu! I received two emails that my payment was processed! Were you able to activate your nyu email ?

Just submitted my deposit for nyu! I received two emails that my payment was processed! Were you able to activate your nyu email ?

No I haven't yet. I thought we were supposed to get the link to the graduate orientation portal after we submitted our deposit? Haven't gotten that yet!

No I haven't yet. I thought we were supposed to get the link to the graduate orientation portal after we submitted our deposit? Haven't gotten that yet!

Just called and the person I spoke to said to just keep a look out for our emails and also to try and attend the admitted students reception to get any other questions answered. I also realized that the admitted students page tells us that our emails won't be activated till April 15th

I'm still on the waitlist for NYU..has anyone heard back yet if you are on the waitlist? Have you contacted them? I'm also waiting to hear from Columbia.

Just called and the person I spoke to said to just keep a look out for our emails and also to try and attend the admitted students reception to get any other questions answered. I also realized that the admitted students page tells us that our emails won't be activated till April 15th

I don't know if I can get to the accepted students reception. I'm from New Hampshire and it's on a Wednesday night haha. Too bad it's not a Friday or Saturday.

I don't know if I can get to the accepted students reception. I'm from New Hampshire and it's on a Wednesday night haha. Too bad it's not a Friday or Saturday.

I'm from New Jersey! But I'm still debating too.. will let you know if I find anything out!

I think I'm going to the reception! Can't wait to meet some of you guys!

Not going, but cannot wait to meet you guys in the fall!!

Reactions: 2 users
Has Anyone that got waitlisted for NYU received a change in their application status?
Has anyone gone from waitlisted to accepted or rejected yet?

I got accept to Columbia but I really want to go to nyu. Columvbias deadline to accept the offer is creeping up fast though!!

Has Anyone that got waitlisted for NYU received a change in their application status?

I got accept to Columbia but I really want to go to nyu. Columvbias deadline to accept the offer is creeping up fast though!!

I haven't had a change in my waitlist status. I'm still waiting for Columbia :( I was thinking of reaching out to NYU but I don't want to be too persistent

someone above us was waitlisted -> rejected. I haven't seen anyone waitlisted -> accepted. I haven't been notified of either. After seeing the tuition of the school i'm currently enrolled in, I'm thinking NYU might not be that far of a stretch for me if i get off

Is anyone here attending the admitted students reception for sure? If so, can you let me know if they mention anything important...I won't be able to attend, but I can't wait to meet you guys when the semester starts!:)

Is anyone here attending the admitted students reception for sure? If so, can you let me know if they mention anything important...I won't be able to attend, but I can't wait to meet you guys when the semester starts!:)

I'll be attending! If I learn anything new/important about the program I'll be happy to report it here :)

I will not be attending the reception either so if someone could fill us in if there is any important information mentioned, please!

I will be attending the reception tonight, I will be sure to post if anything important is announced!

Attended the reception, pleasure meeting all of you (I was the car guy on that pink slip). I've decided I won't be attending and will send an email to the program, hopefully my slot will free up for someone on the wait list.

Attended the reception, pleasure meeting all of you (I was the car guy on that pink slip). I've decided I won't be attending and will send an email to the program, hopefully my slot will free up for someone on the wait list.
It was nice meeting you! What did you decide?

It was nice meeting you! What did you decide?

I got into D'Youville College in Buffalo, and per our convo last night, was also waiting for Seton Hall. After crunching all the numbers and some serious introspection decided to join my fiance in Buffallo who's also finishing her residency there. I think it's the best decision for me personally since I'll be saving on living expenses and tuition and most importantly, I'll be with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I know it is still early but did anyone who officially accepted their offer get emails regarding scheduling/advising?

I know it is still early but did anyone who officially accepted their offer get emails regarding scheduling/advising?

They said at the admitted students event that they are going to begin with scheduling in May.

For accepted students at NYU, is there a facebook group created for our class? If not, should we create one? It looks like many OT cohorts make a facebook group for everybody that is going to attend.

Reactions: 3 users
There is a facebook group now created, "NYU Occupational Therapy Class of 2020".

Anyone on the NYU waitlist heard anything back?

I was waitlisted to NYU and its my number 1! I am still waiting to hear back. Hopefully since everyone had to respond by yesterday we will be hearing back this week!

Reactions: 2 users
I think there are 2 Facebook groups now. One that you made and one that Joy Chen emailed us about.

Hi guys I don't mean to be a bug but anyone heard off the waitlist yet? This is so nerve wracking!

Hi guys I don't mean to be a bug but anyone heard off the waitlist yet? This is so nerve wracking!
No :( waiting patiently but hopefully we will hear soon!

Reactions: 1 users
No :( waiting patiently but hopefully we will hear soon!

I heard back from them and it said that they did not have room for me in the program. It is ok though because I am attending somewhere else