General Admissions & OTCAS NYU M.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also was placed on the waitlist, but this weekend I found out LIU gave me a substantial scholarship, so I am committing to them. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

does that mean everyone else who hasn't heard back will be on wait list or rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either! Did y'all apply close to the deadline?? I probably submitted my app the day of the deadline... maybe that's why?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I haven't heard anything either! Did y'all apply close to the deadline?? I probably submitted my app the day of the deadline... maybe that's why?

I applied back in October, but my application apparently wasn't deemed complete until a few weeks ago because of a lost transcript.

I applied in November. I don't remember when the deadline was.

I applied pretty early but one of the OT's who wrote my letter of rec submitted it on the day of the deadline

I was waitlisted into the Two-Tiered MSOT/OTD program! NYU is my dream school so I'm praying I get off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone! <3

I was waitlisted into the Two-Tiered MSOT/OTD program! NYU is my dream school so I'm praying I get off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone! <3

what were your stats? I still haven't even heard anything.... :arghh:

Members don't see this ad :)
what were your stats? I still haven't even heard anything.... :arghh:

University: Seton Hall University
Major: Social and Behavioral Sciences
Minors: Psychology and Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 154 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW
Extracurriculars: National Society of Collegiate Scholars Member (March 2015 - Present), Service on Saturdays Team Leader (2016), Filipino League at Seton Hall President (15-16) & Events Coordinator (14-15)
LOR: 1 OT, 1 Academic Advisor/Professor, 1 Employer
Observations: 40 skilled nursing facility, 8 hand therapy, 20 homecare

Nothing too impressive but keeping my fingers crossed! I submitted my app the day of the deadline so you should be hearing back soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an acceptance email to NYU this morning!

I'm still waiting to hear something (anything really)... fingers crossed!

so did I :/ luckily i'm accepted somewhere already, but it would have been nice to have another option. have you heard from anywhere else you applied?
I agree. Congrats on your acceptance!! It must feel amazing to not have to worry and stress so much. Where did you get accepted to? I applied to Kean, SUNY Downstate, Columbia, and Seton Hall. Seton Hall does not give out decisions til April and I had an interview with SUNY but have not heard back yet.

I agree. Congrats on your acceptance!! It must feel amazing to not have to worry and stress so much. Where did you get accepted to? I applied to Kean, SUNY Downstate, Columbia, and Seton Hall. Seton Hall does not give out decisions til April and I had an interview with SUNY but have not heard back yet.
Thanks! I'll be attending New York institute of technology in Long island. Good luck with downstate!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone still not hear anything from NYU?

Did anyone officially accept their offer for NYU? If so are you planning on living near the area?

Hello everyone!
At 3:31pm I got waitlisted for NYU OT program.
I'm a bit bummed out but I know there is still hope

Let's think positive everyone! We'll hear back from them soon.

Hi everyone! On 2/28 I was waitlisted for NYU. I've gotten many rejections (stanbridge, temple, thomas jefferson, utica) so I'm staying hopeful for NYU. I've read other blogs and it looks like if you're on the waitlist you have a decent chance, but I'm still worried. Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? I'm refreshing my email every day haha

Hello everyone!
At 3:31pm I got waitlisted for NYU OT program.
I'm a bit bummed out but I know there is still hope

Let's think positive everyone! We'll hear back from them soon.
Same here!

Hey I was accepted this morning! I submitted my application on the last day. So for those who haven't heard yet you will!

Hey I was accepted this morning! I submitted my application on the last day. So for those who haven't heard yet you will!

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? and Congrats on your acceptance!

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? and Congrats on your acceptance!

cGPA: 3.4 ( a bad freshman year)
sGPA: 3.9
Pre-req NYU GPA: 3.8
Work/volunteer experience: over 3000+ hours in a variety of settings: worked one to one with children with autism, as a rehab assistant at a neurological rehab unit in the hospital, hand therapy, school programs, home care programs and recreational/ community programs.

Last edited:

Hey, did you get accepted to NYU?
Because when I was waitlisted a few days ago the emails states it's because of space limitations? I'm wondering how other people are being accepted if apparently they are telling people the class capacity is full.

I still haven't heard anything, and I am getting worried that spots are being taken before they even look at my application. Do you guys think I should call or email and see whats going on?

Hey, did you get accepted to NYU?
Because when I was waitlisted a few days ago the emails states it's because of space limitations? I'm wondering how other people are being accepted if apparently they are telling people the class capacity is full.
When they say space limitations, its a nice way of them saying basically there were students they wanted more than they wanted you and that they can't take their second choice students because they are waiting to hear from their first choice students, hence the waitlist.

Waitlist is better than a flat-out rejection.

Ugh me too :( They don't give out any academic scholarships?
I believe they do although they're probably not too common. I applied to some that I saw on their website but those were due the 1st and had a separate application.

I plan on accepting my offer to NYU this weekend and will be looking to live in the area! Also received my financial aid package today...all loans lol. If anyone accepts soon please let me know so we can talk!

I plan on accepting my offer to NYU this weekend and will be looking to live in the area! Also received my financial aid package today...all loans lol. If anyone accepts soon please let me know so we can talk!
I am also planning to accept! Going to start looking for off-campus housing near the area!

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group?

I'm also accepting my offer...and received financial aid package...all loans. Where are you all moving from?

Anyone on the waitlist get a response to their email when sending the form in?paranoid lol

I will most likely be declining my acceptance to NYU; waitlisters, stay hopeful!