General Admissions & OTCAS NYU M.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LAxW

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any0one heard back from NYU?
Was wondering if they are looking at students holistically or just based on stats?

good luck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting to hear from them too, but i'm not so hopeful

I believe they sent of doctorate decisions today. (My friend was accepted to the dentistry program and another friend the OTD). Hopefully we will hear for the MSOT soon! Very hopeful :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything either. My guess is we might hear sometime in March?

I heard late feb, early march. I hope it is sooner than that though!

okay thanks! for those that got in do you mind posting your stats? mine are:

gpa-3.7
150 hours at an elementary school, a special education school, private peds clinic, and an acute rehab
some tutoring kids and letters of rec from a principal of one of the schools I volunteered with, and 2 ot's.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted this afternoon!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
congrats!! would you mind posting your stats? I'm still waiting to hear something

NYU: accepted yesterday.
American International: accepted
Brenau University (interview scheduled)
Seton Hall: still waiting to hear back
D'Youville: still waiting to hear back
Springfield: made it through initial application, waiting to hear back from secondary rounds
Clarkson University: made it through initial application, waiting to hear back from secondary rounds
Towson University: still waiting to hear back

Undergrad: Public Administration 3.28
Grad: Master of Public Administrastion 3.5
Pre-Reqs: 3.78

Work Experience. Paralegal (2 years), Project Management (real estate - 3 years)
Volunteer Experience: 5 years at a summer camp for special needs children

Shadowing Hours: approximately 145, still shadowing even though i'm done with my applications (acute, rehab facility + hand therapy)

Good luck to everyone! This process has been challenging to say the least. The wait is the worst part.

Reactions: 1 user
congrats!! would you mind posting your stats? I'm still waiting to hear something
Major: Psych
Minor: Rehab Human Services & Disability Studies
Overall GPA: 3.77
Pre-Req: 3.9
Observation Hours: ~250 in geriatrics, pediatrics and hand therapy
Experiences: leadership in a couple of clubs, research assistant, teaching assistant and I've also been working my senior year!

My GRE scores definitely brought my application strength down, so having a program like NYU MS that doesn't look at GRE's was really helpful for me. Best of luck!

Last edited:
I was also accepted to NYU but I am trying to decide between NYU and Stony brook. Is NYU worth the cost?

do you guys think if you weren't accepted yet, you won't get accepted at all?

I applied to NYU last year. I think I was informed of my rejection on March 1st. So there is still time to hear something good.

Seen people been accepted and waitlisted. Hopefully all of us who have not heard back does not means we got rejected. Has anyone tried calling?

Seen people been accepted and waitlisted. Hopefully all of us who have not heard back does not means we got rejected. Has anyone tried calling?
well they only accept 50 people, sooo... I'm thinking that's what it means /:

hmm i sent an email a couple of days ago and admissions just said acceptances are coming out this month :O but if waitlist are already coming out, then maybe everyone else is rejected? ):

A lot of schools do acceptances in waves. It might depend when you applied.

I called yesterday and was told my application was "under review right now". So all the people who have not heard back I am sure you are on the same boat!

Reactions: 2 users
I also got accepted into NYU last week. Trying to make a decision between NYU and Kean..tough decision!

I also got accepted into NYU last week. Trying to make a decision between NYU and Kean..tough decision!
I have an Interview with Kean this week! How long did you hear back from Kean after your interview?

Did anyone get an email requesting official transcripts to be sent?

Did anyone get an email requesting official transcripts to be sent?

Do you mean besides the paragraph in the acceptance letter saying to send the transcript from the institution you got your degree from??

"One final transcript from each institution from which you received a degree (undergraduate or graduate). Recent graduates should confirm with their registrar that the transcript shows the degree received and graduation date"

Other than that I haven't received any other emails.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was just accepted into NYU by email today! Don't lose hope!

I'm very concerned by the cost (~$115K for just tuition for the whole program), and I'm not entirely sure how i'd pay for it. I'm also very nervous about paying off loans for the rest of my life so I'd rather go to a cheaper school. I'm still waiting on SUNY Downstate and Stony Brook, which are both more ideal in terms of cost, so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon! Anyone else in a similar situation?

I'm very concerned by the cost (~$115K for just tuition for the whole program), and I'm not entirely sure how i'd pay for it. I'm also very nervous about paying off loans for the rest of my life so I'd rather go to a cheaper school. I'm still waiting on SUNY Downstate and Stony Brook, which are both more ideal in terms of cost, so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon! Anyone else in a similar situation?

Congrats on your acceptance to NYU!! The cost is scary, especially when you start to think about the interest on 115K. I'm waiting to hear back from NYU, Downstate, and SB too.

I got my acceptance to the masters program today! It means they're still looking at applicants :) Good luck all, I'm sure you'll hear good news soon!

Any one been rejected yet? or are they just leading us to the slaughter?? lolol

I am in a similar situation. I am between NYU and Kean. The cost of NYU is scary but I think I would love the experience of going there. I also got accepted into Stony Brook, aren't they just as expensive? ($100k?)

I am in a similar situation. I am between NYU and Kean. The cost of NYU is scary but I think I would love the experience of going there. I also got accepted into Stony Brook, aren't they just as expensive? ($100k?)

In-state tuition for SBU is approximately 57K. Out of state is a little over 100K.

I'm an in-state student so it'd be much lower. Speaking off SB tuition, I can't find ANY information on their website about specific costs. The tuition link is broken.

Any one been rejected yet? or are they just leading us to the slaughter?? lolol
My friend heard back and she was rejected so there is still time to hear back. I also called and they told me my application was still under review! I'm sure yours is too.

I got an email saying I was on the waitlist.

Is the cost worth going to NYU?