NYIT-COM (ny campus) vs LMU-DCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timi94

NYCOM
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

First post, so excuse me if I'm doing this wrong.

I just wanted some input from others besides close friends. I've been accepted to NYIT-COM in NY and have been accepted to LMU-DCOM.

I am an NY resident and did a masters at LMU-DCOM, finishing both neuroanatomy and anatomy. Because i've taken both courses, I will not have to take either in my first year at DCOM.

On the flip side, there's NYIT-COM where I will have to take both courses. NYIT-COM does have some prestige to it and all their rotation sites are in NY, where I intend on going back too.

In the end, both schools will give me the same degree- I just do not know how to approach a decision.

Members don't see this ad.

If going back to NY is important to you, I think NYIT COM will put you in a better spot to do that as it will be a more familiar program.

Regardless of how you weigh that or other factors, I do not think two classes should carry much weight in this. Taking them could be a benefit to if you do well and it helps your class rank.

Reactions: 1 users
you're from there (in-state tuition), you have a leg up on other students who will be taking those courses for the first time, and you're more likely to get a residency in NY if you attend school there

not having to take those courses at DCOM is a pretty strong advantage though and is ranked higher? but its definitely a personal decision pal