NYIT-COM Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evargas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
See you all next year!! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything back after they received confirmation of their deposit? What else should I be doing now lol, and where can I find out info for things like the first day of class, loans, etc.

Anyone hear anything back after they received confirmation of their deposit? What else should I be doing now lol, and where can I find out info for things like the first day of class, loans, etc.
Have you also sent in your transcript, or are you waiting for them to provide the timeline of deadlines like they said in the acceptance letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you also sent in your transcript, or are you waiting for them to provide the timeline of deadlines like they said in the acceptance letter?

Did anyone get the timeline of deadlines in the mail yet?

How long did it take to get your confirmation that they received your deposit? I'm still waiting to get a confirmation for my deposit so I was just curious.

How long did it take to get your confirmation that they received your deposit? I'm still waiting to get a confirmation for my deposit so I was just curious.
I sent mine over a week ago and am still waiting as well so I called admissions today and they were able to confirm it for me over the phone.

Funny you say that I did the same thing right after I posted here and they confirmed it as well! Thank you for the quick response though!

Took them 6 days to send me a confirmation email and about 10 days for them to send me a confirmation letter.

Took them 6 days to send me a confirmation email and about 10 days for them to send me a confirmation letter.
Okay thank you! Does the letter give more instruction as to what they want us to do?

Okay thank you! Does the letter give more instruction as to what they want us to do?

It came with a paper detailing the Conditions and Requirements for Matriculation (which includes Criminal Background Check, Transcripts, and Immunization Form). There is also the optional DPC application. We're supposed to get more info on Financial Aid and Orientation "at a later time"...

Has anyone else received the Application Station-Student Edition e-mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi fellow classmates,

For those who handed in their materials (pre-enrollment forms and etc.) to which address did you send the final transcript to? It looks the only address I see on the website is the PO Box. Is that where all the materials should be mailed to?

Hi fellow classmates,

For those who handed in their materials (pre-enrollment forms and etc.) to which address did you send the final transcript to? It looks the only address I see on the website is the PO Box. Is that where all the materials should be mailed to?

Hey, I called them and they confirmed the PO Box address....like box 6000 or something? Look forward to meeting you!

Hey! Accepted a while back. Has anyone gotten timeline info? I need to know when school starts so I can plan my summer jobs around orientation and what not. Let me know if anyone even has a roundabout date for when first years start.

Hey! Accepted a while back. Has anyone gotten timeline info? I need to know when school starts so I can plan my summer jobs around orientation and what not. Let me know if anyone even has a roundabout date for when first years start.
It looks like Orientation starts August 12th. Assuming that, the classes will probably start the Monday after?​

Hey everyone! I just got an email about my financial aid being entirely processed and now I'd have to accept the loans through my NYIT connect. Anyone else there in the process?

The email also mentioned to complete the entrance paperwork, but we were already asked to do that. Should I redo it now ? The paperwork never ends!

anyone also know what our first block would be? I heard musculoskeletal system. Want to get a head start because I know we're in for a crazy ride lol

I don't think you have to redo the entrance paperwork - I think that was a reminder to tell people. I actually forgot to request for Direct Loans until I received the portion of the award so it was a good reminder. I asked them about rest of the loans/financial aid and they told me for now, they are just initially working on Fed Unsub Loans and will be working on other loans in the next few weeks.

I am so excited to start! I really wish we can get an idea of what our schedule will be like.

SOOO pumped! has anyone else applied to DPC? any idea when we'll hear ?

Last edited:
SOOO pumped! has anyone else applied to DPC? any idea when we'll hear ?
It looks like some people heard back if they got accepted. I personally haven't heard back yet. But I bet they are pretty overwhelmed right now.

if anyone is looking to form a housing group, feel free to PM me. thanks!!

Last edited:
Am I the only person who still hasn't gotten confirmation of deposit or timelines? Anyone have any idea when orientation and classes start? Also, I haven't been able to find a group for our class on facebook. Anyone know if it is out there yet?

Congrats everyone! I just had my last exam yesterday and am officially done with first year. It's been challenging but overall I'm very happy with my decision to attend this school and think that you guys will like it too. I believe your curriculum will be slightly different from ours (ours was also changed from the class of 2017) and you will also be getting ipads. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I HIGHLY recommend joining your class group on facebook when it's made. A couple people have come into our class page asking questions about housing, finaid etc... so it will be a good resource.

Am I the only person who still hasn't gotten confirmation of deposit or timelines? Anyone have any idea when orientation and classes start? Also, I haven't been able to find a group for our class on facebook. Anyone know if it is out there yet?
Orientation starts August 12th. Did you set up your NYITCOM email? you should have received something in the mail with instructions to do so, and we also received something in the mail about when orientation starts. Timelines for payments are on your nyit log-in, but everything came in the mail first before I set anything up, so you may want to call them if you didn't get something. The facebook group is NYITCOM Class of 2019, just put it in your search box and you should find it.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the Fall

Has anyone bought the medical equipment yet? Are people buying the set through NYIT or looking at other, potentially cheaper options (Amazon, etc.).

I looked around on some other sites, and alot of the stuff is actually cheaper if you buy it through the school, new that is. Used stuff is cheaper no matter what

Anyone know when the exam schedule will be released? Just asking bc my friends going to other schools got their exams schedules like 2-3 weeks ago. Don't know how true this is, but I heard that NYIT-COM is updating their online systems, which is what is causing some delay.