NYIT-COM Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

gmcguitar4

Just thought I would start one.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I also got into NYIT and was accepted into the 7 year BS/DO program. I am not sure if I am going to Geneseo or NYIT because I got into both programs. Any suggestions about which program is "better"?
Thanks!

Hey,
I also got into NYIT and was accepted into the 7 year BS/DO program. I am not sure if I am going to Geneseo or NYIT because I got into both programs. Any suggestions about which program is "better"?
Thanks!

That's awesome, congrats! Is there a scholarship for that? If not, I would suggest going to whatever is cheaper. Since you are already in the program, you probably just need to maintain a certain GPA correct? If that is all that is needed, I would suggest just going to whatever school you can picture yourself at and major in whatever you are interested in. Even if you didin't get into the 7 year program, people should do that anyway because med schools primarily care about gpa and don't put too much weight on the attended school.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now. Both university's are the same price due to scholarships and grants. I was also accepted to Ganon/LECOM. I don't get to choose my major, its essentially biology at all three. I have no problem going to either school. NYIT's program seems way more difficult because they require 19-21 credits a semester where as Geneseo only has 15 credits a semester.

why do you say Geneseo? I went to visit and they said in the past 10 years only 2 kids have made it through their program. Their courses definitely seem less rigorous as they only require 15 credits a semester but at the orientation the director of the bio department(not sure if this was the exact title) said he didn't really like the program.

Last edited:
Congratulations for your acceptance into the Class of 2017!!

To Fellow EPP Students/HCOP/BS-DO
I'm soon-to-be a 2nd year at NYIT-COM and looking to sublet a clean, well-furnished bedroom for the months of June & July. The room includes a walk-in-closet, air-conditioner, bed, desk, lamp and chair. The room is part of an apartment on the 2nd floor of a house in Glen Cove, NY (10 mins from NYIT-COM Campus) with a kitchen and 1 Bathroom. The rent is $625 includes all utilities (gas, water, internet).The apartment has 2 other rooms which will be occupied only during the initial part of June.

PM me if you're interested!! Or feel free to email me at [email protected]. :)

Hey fellow nycom-ers

I am a recent grad of nycom. Looking to rent out two rooms in our 4 bedroom house. (All rooms rented to nycom students only). I have lived here throughout my entire time at nycom and loved it.

House is beautiful and best of all cheap! With a driveway, basement, fenced backyard, washer and dryer. 10 min drive from school. Located in westbury by mall and restaurants. Private message if interested.

Hello all

I'm a current resident in Suffolk county but will be leaving in June 2015. Im looking to rent out my 3bed/1bath home in Bay Shore for $1900/month + utilities. Location great for people doing rotations in Eastern Nassau and suffolk county. The add should also be available on NYCOM webboard but can email anyone interested.
Thanks Matt