NYCPM C/O 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which room did you get?? Unfortunately I didn't save the pictures I took but they were bad anyways. The cheapest room was quite small. Fits a twin bed and desk in pretty close quarters. I chose the deluxe single which I thought was a pretty good size - fits a full size bed and dresser comfortably.
The single with no balcony. I guess I'll pack light lol.

Members don't see this ad.

How do I go about submitting all my titers for castlebranch? TBh I'm just very confused with this whole process. Also in addition to a physical/background check, do we need to do a drug test?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before! I am still waiting to receive my acceptance package although I was accepted almost 2 weeks ago :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you don't need a drug test. You need to go to lab nearest to you. I went to an urgent care because they are really cheap with titer testing. I did the whole package MMR, vericella, TB, Hep B, physical test all for $124.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When you go do your physical you are supposed to download the 4 papers from that section and have the physician fill it out.

Reactions: 1 user
Question for anyone deferring your undergrad loans like me! Did you email the deferrment paper to financial aid? They need to be signed off by a school official I just don't know which to approach

I don't think you have to do anything. The school automatically contacts your loan provider and advises them that you are taken full time classes.

I don't think you have to do anything. The school automatically contacts your loan provider and advises them that you are taken full time classes.

Is this still the case if it's a private bank loan?

Is this still the case if it's a private bank loan?

If you do not work, which you won't be in a Pod school, you do not have to make any payments for a private or a federal loan.

It's always best to check with the loan company, but I also have a private loan and I usually apply for a deferment every 6 months or so and I plan to do this until I graduate. Keep in mind though, the interest is still accruing during this time so we will have to pay way more than what you originally took out.

For a federal loan, go on the loan company website and select the option of being in enrolled in a program, this can happen automatically but sometimes we have to do it.

Reactions: 1 user
If you do not work, which you won't be in a Pod school, you do not have to make any payments for a private or a federal loan.

It's always best to check with the loan company, but I also have a private loan and I usually apply for a deferment every 6 months or so and I plan to do this until I graduate. Keep in mind though, the interest is still accruing during this time so we will have to pay way more than what you originally took out.

For a federal loan, go on the loan company website and select the option of being in enrolled in a program, this can happen automatically but sometimes we have to do it.
thanks for the help!! sorry I have a million questions but did you have a form from your private bank sent to the school to be signed? I personally used Wells Fargo and I have a paper to be filled out by a "school official"

thanks for the help!! sorry I have a million questions but did you have a form from your private bank sent to the school to be signed? I personally used Wells Fargo and I have a paper to be filled out by a "school official"

Yes, I have to a sign a form that goes to the school where a person in registrars signs it and emails back, which I then forward to the insurance plp.

It's a tedious process and private loans are the worst but we all our reason for taking it out! lol

Hey do you guys know if the $1000 deposit we put down goes toward tuition for the fall?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if we will be getting a 2 month break after the first year? I know some other DPM programs are allowing it.

Well you don't need a drug test. You need to go to lab nearest to you. I went to an urgent care because they are really cheap with titer testing. I did the whole package MMR, vericella, TB, Hep B, physical test all for $124.

I'm also very confused about this.

Do we really need a titer? I've had vaccinations for alot of these in the past few months and it would be a waste to get all of them again.

I'm also very confused about this.

Do we really need a titer? I've had vaccinations for alot of these in the past few months and it would be a waste to get all of them again.

Do a blood work and see what you're immune to...you do not have to have re-vaccinate unless it shows otherwise in the blood work.

Do a blood work and see what you're immune to...you do not have to have re-vaccinate unless it shows otherwise in the blood work.

Yes I think I'll have to. I was hoping the vaccinations would have sufficed. I actually had a blood titer done for HepB. The MMR, TB, and Varicella test will probably cost over 100$. oh well

Not sure if I am posting in the write section, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the cost of attendance for NYCPM? When you guys did your FAFSA stuff, did you guys get graduate loans for the full COA? How are you guys balancing your other bills during pod school? I have a car payment, a personal loan payment, and a credit card payment. I feel like I will need to hold a part time job during pod school to keep up with my other bills. I know housing is included in the COA, but the other stuff isn't so what did you guys do? Just get private student loans? Won't private student loans only cover school associated costs, not other bills you may have?

Not sure if I am posting in the write section, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the cost of attendance for NYCPM? When you guys did your FAFSA stuff, did you guys get graduate loans for the full COA? How are you guys balancing your other bills during pod school? I have a car payment, a personal loan payment, and a credit card payment. I feel like I will need to hold a part time job during pod school to keep up with my other bills. I know housing is included in the COA, but the other stuff isn't so what did you guys do? Just get private student loans? Won't private student loans only cover school associated costs, not other bills you may have?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIERAB&usg=AOvVaw15nlqBXJ1z5w0-VLYlqUQs

otherwise, you should get more accurate info during an interview

I feel like I will need to hold a part time job during pod school to keep up with my other bills.
it won't work.
I know housing is included in the COA, but the other stuff isn't so what did you guys do? Just get private student loans? Won't private student loans only cover school associated costs, not other bills you may have?
It depends on how much you have in your credit and private loan debts. If total is like $400 per month, COA budget might be enough if you save on other things.

Loan budget don't cover your other expenese, but you may see if you can save on some things.

I have some loans too, but I will pay them all out before I start school this fall. I don't want to pay any loans while I am in school, but even then my school COA budget will be more than enough to cover me and my family.

Many allo and osteopathic schools have you sign part of an agreement somewhere in the paperwork that says you won’t work during school. I know at Scholl they were concerned if I was gonna work during school and I said no. Depending on which pod school you might even be prohibited so be careful.

I know of a few people who worked during school part-time beyond “work study.” I worked part-time at a gym for about a year during 2nd and 3rd year and I know of a few who have done things like valet cars. There may be some schools that prohibit working but none that I know of.

If your credit score is good and you are not in default of any past loans then you should be eligible for the federal grad plus loans. These loans should cover most of your bills, if not all.

However, you should know that these loan money "should" be used just for educational purposes such as living expenses, textbooks, etc.
Also, if you take out the max then you will have a bigger debt, but you already know this. Finally, unless you start in the Jan program at NYCPM, you will not able to work or even work study when in the August class, because you will have 2 exams every week.

Good luck!