NYC Nurse Assistant want to study RN or Surgical Nursing in India, help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ReddRover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in NYC, I want to become an RN and then move to Surgical nursing, I have a bachelor in Political Sciences which covers none of the besic reqs for RN, I'm wondering if I can study General Nursing in India and then come back for the specialization or vice versa. Also is Nursing school in India very expensive? I would love to study in Hyderbad, GOA or up in Delhi or Bombay but I guess that would be more expensive, I'm not a citizen so I wouldn't qualify for the Government funded schools and I read here that for Med Schools some schools in the southern part are not accredited here in the US... Any advice would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently in NYC, I want to become an RN and then move to Surgical nursing, I have a bachelor in Political Sciences which covers none of the besic reqs for RN, I'm wondering if I can study General Nursing in India and then come back for the specialization or vice versa. Also is Nursing school in India very expensive? I would love to study in Hyderbad, GOA or up in Delhi or Bombay but I guess that would be more expensive, I'm not a citizen so I wouldn't qualify for the Government funded schools and I read here that for Med Schools some schools in the southern part are not accredited here in the US... Any advice would be great, thanks!
Step 1
Try getting the criteria for nursing school accrediting from US agency controlling the licencing exam to enter US

Step 2
Choose a good place in India with a better climate if you care

Step 3
Choose many good schools in that city and Call them all (don't mail ) ,

Sent from my SM-N910G using SDN mobile