NY State Licensing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted315242

I'm gearing up to submit my postdoctoral hours for licensing in NY State. Last year, I completed my internship and had defended my dissertation by August 31st, but my actual degree wasn't conferred until Sept 30th due to the set times my program confers degrees.

Does anyone know if New York will then only count the postdoc hours I accrued from Oct 1st onward? I started my postdoc position on Sept 1st and am trying to figure out if I just lost that month of hours.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you start accruing hours once you are issued your limited permit.

I actually am doing my postdoc in a different state where I didn't need a limited permit to accrue my postdoc hours. I had double checked w/the NY State board last year to make sure this was the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think the hours for postdoc would begin after your degree was conferred, as you technically weren't a postdoc till you finished your degree. Have you contacted the board?

Yeah, I would suggest calling the board.They are actually pretty good at answering questions. I just finished getting licensed (for the second time) in NYS a last month.

Yeah, I would suggest calling the board.They are actually pretty good at answering questions. I just finished getting licensed (for the second time) in NYS a last month.

Did you get a limited permit in New York? And if so, how long did it take to arrive after submitting your application?

Thanks!

Did you get a limited permit in New York? And if so, how long did it take to arrive after submitting your application?

Thanks!
No, I didn't get a limited permit. It was my second time getting licensed, so the process is a lot more simple.

No, I didn't get a limited permit. It was my second time getting licensed, so the process is a lot more simple.
Thanks. I submitted my paperwork. They've been very responsive to email, so I'm hoping to receive it soon.