Nsucom 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations, future M1's! :soexcited:

I'm currently a fourth-year at Nova and am getting ready to move to Michigan to begin residency. I am renting my fully-furnished 2/2 condo located five minutes away from campus for 1200/mo (cable & water included). It's located in the quiet and safe Pine Island Country Club Community and will be available starting June 2012. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions.

- Located in the beautiful Pine Island Ridge Community & Country Club
- Just 5 minutes from Nova Campus
- Second floor, corner unit
- Golf-course & Lakeview
-Fully furnished
- Recently renovated kitchen
- Club house amenities include: Golf course, Gym, Sports bar, and Formal dining
- Fitness trails, BBQ area, Playground
- Tennis Courts, and access to two swimming pools
- Fully tiled with hard-wood floors in bedrooms
- Plenty of parking for residents and guests
- Rent includes: water, trash, sewer, cable, and clubhouse/private golf course membership!!

Please see attachment for pictures.

Good luck to all of you!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• pine island ridge condo flyer.pdf
    197.6 KB · Views: 107
Hi all, 2nd year D.O. here...just wanted to pass along info for those of you looking for a place to live near Nova. My roommate and I really enjoyed living here for the last 2 years. Big congrats and best of luck!

2 Bedroom/2 Bath Condo Available for Rent at Whitehall in Pine Island Ridge. Very spacious rooms with large closets and ceiling fans. Located on 4th floor (top floor) with awesome lake view. Quiet community with clubhouse and country club amenities including pool, tennis courts, golf course, BBQ area, and sports bar.

Living room and dining room furnished. Full size washer/dryer and kitchen with 2 refrigerators available for your use. Included in rent are cable, water, sewer/trash, and association fees to use pool/gym and country club. About 5 minutes from campus (good biking distance), with grocery store less than ½ mile away.

Please call Anna at 757.339.5195 or message for more pics and arranging a visit. Owner is NSU alumni looking for grad students to lease. Perfect for 2 students - you only need bedroom furniture to move in! Available July 1.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all:

I am lucky enough to be attending Fall 2016 as well.

I have some questions for the M1s/M2s.

Where should I live?

I like the idea of the beach, but is it worth it in practice?

If I live within walking distance of campus, are there biking lines or sidewalks that lead directly to HPD without any hassle?

Does it rain enough that walking/biking daily is impractical?

In regards to student discounts on furniture/laptops/misc. items, how large is the discount and what is the full array of merchants we can choose from?

When does the discount kick in and what are the stipulations?

Is there a link I can go to, to get that information?

Any information is appreciate, thanks. :thumbup:

I'm a current M1, and I live far away due to family reasons, and I would NOT recommend living at a distance. I know some people need to have that separation between school and home, but personally it has been extremely frustrating to live 15 miles away from school. I would highly recommend something as close to campus as possible.

There are biking lanes and sidewalks, but the way that people drive around campus may dissuade your decisions to bike. walking to campus (if you live close enough) would be fine.

No idea about the discounts

hope some of this helps! maybe u already had these questions answered

see you in the fall!

Available for rent:

Fully FURNISHED bedroom in two-story 3 bedroom/2 bath townhome. Just 2 miles from Nova Southeastern University, it is easy to bike ride (sidewalks the entire way) or a quick drive to class. Located in Pine Island Ridge, a quiet golf-country club community west of Pine Island Road, you will have access to amenities such as the pools, gym, clubhouse, and golf course. A shopping plaza with a Publix is just 1 mile away.

Currently, you have your choice of rooms with one looking northeast towards the stunning Florida sunrise or the other facing west to the beautiful nature preserve. The nature preserve has trails for hiking/running and a wonderful playground (for when you need to let your inner child out).

The bedrooms are upstairs and roughly 11’x12’ with a spacious 7’ closet and an overhead fan-light unit. Fully furnished including: twin bed, large desk, night stand, dresser, and area rug. You would be sharing a sizeable upstairs hall bathroom featuring a large shower with floor-to-ceiling linen cabinet.

You will have access to a FULLY APPLIANCED kitchen, which includes a dishwasher and two full sized fridges (so essentially you get half a fridge). Also there is no need to bring your own dishes! We have dishes, cookware, cups, and silverware.

As you’ll be spending a lot of time studying but will want to wear clean scrubs, you don’t want to have to go to a Laundromat or “down the hall” to a communal washer drier. We have our own full size in-house WASHER & DRYER.

Down time is also essential for survival in med school. No need to worry because CABLE is INCLUDED with your monthly rent. All other UTILITIES are also INCLUDED in the monthly rent, including electricity.

Finally, you are also living with a M3 and a M2/former MBS. We have all the notes and practice tests for the past 2 years, and know all the tricks for survival at Nova. Asking $600 per month.

If interested please contact Mike or Jess at [email protected] or 813-956-6505 (call or text).

I am an incoming M1 at Nova Southeastern University, and I just purchased a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo in Plantation. It is within 15 minutes of the school in a community called Quatraine at Jacaranda Gardens.

Although I just purchased the property, it will be fully furnished and applianced (including washer/dryer) shortly after I move in early July. It's a beautiful condo, with hardwood floors throughout. Each bedroom has it's own closet and a bath located adjacent to the bedroom.

The community has a large swimming pool. I will be bringing my dog, as the community allows pets. I am asking $600 per month for rent. If you are interested, please send me a private message telling me a little bit about yourself.

I am an incoming M1 and have not received any word on orientation/white coat/start of classes. Any one else in the same boat? I know we are rapidly approaching all these things, a little confused that no info has been disseminated yet.

The class schedule, including details on orientation and white coat ceremony was released earlier this week to the incoming M1 class. There is a discussion about it on the 2016 facebook group.

You can email Leslie if you didn't receive the schedule for whatever reason. Explicitly ask her for a pdf copy. If you just try to be nice and say you didn't get it the office will give you the runaround and tell you to go to the website.

You can also access the schedule through Webstar, where it says "weekly student schedule"

I am an incoming M1 and have not received any word on orientation/white coat/start of classes. Any one else in the same boat? I know we are rapidly approaching all these things, a little confused that no info has been disseminated yet.

Same here. I did get an email reminding me to order the white coat, but nothing else about orientation/start of classes. :scared:

Hey gang! I can't access the FB group yet so I was wondering if someone could confirm some dates for me, as I will be going to campus this weekend to look for housing, and apparently the white coat ceremony is this weekend?? (per Admissions Office this morning):

White Coat Ceremony: Sunday July 29th? Anybody have a time for this?

First Day of Classes: Friday August 3rd? Anybody have a schedule of events for this orientation week/start of classes?

Thanks! Greatly appreciated :thumbup: