NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has all the acceptances went out yet?????? Congrats to those already accepted!!

What type of undergrad stat needed to secure admission at this program

Members don't see this ad :)
What type of undergrad stat needed to secure admission at this program
Preferably a higher GPA. I had a higher GPA after retaking classes and had a lower MCAT score. The program tends to bring in students who still succeed in class, but have a harder time getting a good MCAT score to become a competitive med school applicant.

When does the program start for those who were accepted?

Hey guys, I'm interested in this program and wanted to know what you guys think my chance of getting into this program is. cGPA: 3.40, sGPA: 3.10, MCAT: 496 (I know on practice tests I had such a higher score, but my nerves were going crazy the day of the test).

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i received a phone call around 4 PM!!!!!!!!!
Hi! Congrats on getting into the program. I wanted to ask you how is it so far. I was planning to apply this coming cycle. Pros/cons. What are the minimum stats they look for because it's not posted on the website?

Hi guys, current MBS here. The program has been challenging but it's definitely possible to succeed if you fully dedicate your time and commit to it. There are no minimum requirements but they look for a GPA that is more competitive and a lower than med school average MCAT. They also expect that you have taken upper division science courses.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask/message me. Another thread for the next cycle should be created though.

Does anyone know the average MCAT to the biomedical MS program? Also, is the there a specific mcat the master student must achieve in order to get linkage into the DO program? For example, if the master student got an old mcat of 22 and got into the MS program and did very well in all the classses ...will they be linked into the DO program? or would they also have to get a higher MCAT score close to the the current mcat requirement?

Does anyone know the average MCAT to the biomedical MS program? Also, is the there a specific mcat the master student must achieve in order to get linkage into the DO program? For example, if the master student got an old mcat of 22 and got into the MS program and did very well in all the classses ...will they be linked into the DO program? or would they also have to get a higher MCAT score close to the the current mcat requirement?

Current MBS here...if you are accepted no need to retake the mcat, just need to make an 80 average in all your classes to matriculate. Also, there is no minimum score or gpa. Everyone in the program right now has different stats. If you took the old mcat, make sure the score is still valid, I think the timeline is 3 years. If it has been more than that they probably will want you to retake it. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I am thinking to apply for nova mbs this year 2018 . Do u guys think I m too late for it now? What is dat minimum score need it please?

Current MBS here...if you are accepted no need to retake the mcat, just need to make an 80 average in all your classes to matriculate. Also, there is no minimum score or gpa. Everyone in the program right now has different stats. If you took the old mcat, make sure the score is still valid, I think the timeline is 3 years. If it has been more than that they probably will want you to retake it. Good luck!

hey so is it guaranteed admission on your acceptance letter to the MBS program like does the acceptance letter say that