NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To get an idea- I applied 2/11/16, received my interview invite 3/29, interviewed 4/26, and got a call of acceptance around the middle of May.
do you typically get II via email or phone call? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's taking all my energy to remain calm in these days of "It's time to hear back for an interview but OMG I'm not getting any emails...."

Just hold on a bit more, I know that this whole process sucks. To my knowledge they have not sent out II yet, so just keep holding on. You should receive an II via email. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I got invited on April 19th and I was the second batch of invites sent. So next three weeks will probably be indicative of our status. Batches went out a week apart last year.

I'm so scared, I feel like they're going to start sending out interviews tomorrow.

Also, I don't know if this happened to you guys but when I did my essay I separated the paragraphs but when I review my submitted application my paragraphs were not separated.

Also, I don't know if this happened to you guys but when I did my essay I separated the paragraphs but when I review my submitted application my paragraphs were not separated.

Yeah mine did the same thing, I wouldn't worry about it

I'm so scared, I feel like they're going to start sending out interviews tomorrow.

Same happened to me as well!

Same thing for me, It did it for everything on my application though.

Did you guys receive a phone call when your files were complete they received and reviewed everything of mine since Monday, and my application says 7/7 supplementary items received but I haven't received a call. Just concerned since the deadline is approaching and I want to make sure everything is in.

Did you guys receive a phone call when your files were complete they received and reviewed everything of mine since Monday, and my application says 7/7 supplementary items received but I haven't received a call. Just concerned since the deadline is approaching and I want to make sure everything is in.

I got a call when it was complete. but maybe you haven't gotten one because its so close to the due date. I'm sure if it says that its complete online, it probably is. but I'm sure you could get a definitive answer by calling

Radio silence so far, anyone hear anything?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's ok guys!! I have a feeling it'll be next week so just go out and enjoy your weekend and we'll worry about it once Monday comes around :)

Yeah I called and they said no updates for me at least. I think the deadline for submission just passed.

504 mcat,
3.5 gpa.
scribing for 2.5 years.
applied 1/22,
hopefully some II will be sent out next week, good luck everyone!!

So I'm assuming we're all still waiting........

Reactions: 9 users
II!!!! Wasn't expecting this to be honest !

Me too! Just got the II!! Have you guys scheduled yours yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Same! Probably scheduling for Friday April 21

Hi! I scheduled min for April 19th 8:45! I'm just gonna get it over with since I'm re-taking my MCAT on the 28th of this month.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys live in FL? I have to book a flight there :dead: I can't find a flight that flies there and returns in a day. I might have to stay there one night before the interview date.

How many dates did they give y'all on the interview invites? When did you guys apply and did you guys meet the high GPA/low MCAT?

Do you guys live in FL? I have to book a flight there :dead: I can't find a flight that flies there and returns in a day. I might have to stay there one night before the interview date.
just make a mini vacation of it! Enjoy the sunny and warm weather (if it doesn't rain)!

How many dates did they give y'all on the interview invites? When did you guys apply and did you guys meet the high GPA/low MCAT?

I think they had 5 or 6 days. I submitted my application on March 13th.
My GPA is a 3.51, MCAT is 494 w/ a year and a half experience as a medical scribe and a lot of extracurriculars while in college.

Reactions: 3 users
Has any current MBS student heard if there strong linkage policy still holds for the upcoming year?

II today!!! scheduled for 3/24!

Y'all are absolutely crazy, I had work in the afternoon yesterday and by the time I could schedule the II, it was already booked up. They just opened new dates in May though!

Have any pre-dents received II yet?

Y'all are absolutely crazy, I had work in the afternoon yesterday and by the time I could schedule the II, it was already booked up. They just opened new dates in May though!
Yea I waited like 2 hours yesterday and there were only two days left. Crazy

No the May dates are wide open

Has any current MBS student heard if there strong linkage policy still holds for the upcoming year?

It will never be found in writing, but there is a 100% unspoken linkage.

It will never be found in writing, but there is a 100% unspoken linkage.

Hey all, previous MBS and current 4th year here (month away from graduation)...so the main idea of this program is to provide that bridge to the DO program, and as long as you meet the requirements you should get that direct link. I'm a bit far removed from the process, but if there are any questions I can answer I'm happy to :)

Is there a definite second batch of IIs going out considering the limited number of interview dates?

Is there a definite second batch of IIs going out considering the limited number of interview dates?
Sure hope so. I applied the first week of Feb. I saw here someone getting an II who applied in March. Safe to say I'm rejected

when did all of you apply?
my app was complete feb 3. according to previous threads, they sent out a second batch of interviews eventually so I wouldn't lose all hope. Maybe call - everyone at the office is very friendly.
Also, if any previous MBS students can give insight as to how to have a good interview day? were there any questions out of the ordinary?

Hey guys, I'll be interviewing the 24th as well. Just to shed some light and help you guys keep hope. If you get an II there will be dates available. They will not invite you and then fill up all the dates. That would be pointless. They also have usually sent out II on different weeks, so hang in there. Last year I submitted on January 7th and was not invited until the second batch. The date of your application has nothing to do with when you get invited. Just like the date you interview doesn't matter. They do not have rolling admissions. Everyone gets notified after all interviews are done.

Got the interview invite today!!!