NPTE- July 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

end508

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for discussion and results post on the July-NPTE. I thought the exam was (unnecessarily) difficult, with very few "easy" questions. Cannot wait to receive the results next week.
~Best of luck to everyone~

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations to all my fellow PTs who passed!

I have a question for those of you who passed the NPTE in July 2017 and have applied for a NY license. Has anyone received their license yet? Or even their license number? I have been (hopefully) checking the NY Office of Professions website each day since results were released, to see if my name has been added to the online database. No luck yet. Just wondering if anyone else has received their NY license number yet, or whether anyone knows how long it usually takes.

PS the NY license lookup website is here if you wanted to check: NYS Professions - Online Verifications

I'm still waiting to get my NY license, I've been checking everyday but nothing. I also applied for a GA license and received that today after sending my scores out last week.

Got my score and got a 598. Sucks... but im thinking about giving the score verification a shot. I know theres a high chance its gonna be the same score but Better to try it than not trying it.. its just 2 points.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my score and got a 598. Sucks... but im thinking about giving the score verification a shot. I know theres a high chance its gonna be the same score but Better to try it than not trying it.. its just 2 points.

I'm sorry to hear about your score. It's not worth doing the score verification or the appeal as no one has succeeded in changing their scores. I wrote about that in the article of "What Your Score Means." Although, it seems like only 2 points away - it sucks - yet, take this time to learn and go beyond the bare minimum score. When practicing, I would hope that each day you strive to help each patient rather than say 3/4 or 2/3 of your caseload. There's more to this exam than meets the eyes. Do you think it was content knowledge applying clinically? Was it test-taking skills? Was it anxiety or mindset? Each can affect the scores so when you sit for the next exam - aim to train for success with a new set of tools.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello guys! Is there anybody here whose willing to sell their Sullivan/ siegelman review guide and new edition blue book for a reasonable price? Hope you can help me out... please send me a message... thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys! Is there anybody here whose willing to sell their Sullivan/ siegelman review guide and new edition blue book for a reasonable price? Hope you can help me out... please send me a message... thanks
sending you a message now

Unfortunately i failed with a 598 score. Does anyone know if a verification of score can help in anyway. Thank u

I'm sorry to hear about not passing - I do have a webinar this Thursday, August 17th at 4:30 pm PST that talks steps "Being Successful." I invite you to attend and see how your next attempt can be successful. Register here to attend.

Still nervous as hell. But feeling a little better knowing that Aprils passing score was that low. We get 50 knocked off and then can still miss over 50 more to pass. Just so nerve racking.
Hi! I took it this past week and I am feeling the same way! I’m worried because I missed “easy” questions due to stress and rushing and I am worried about the other more difficult questions! Do you mind me asking what you ended up scoring? I keep making a list of the ones I’m pretty sure I got wrong and it’s driving me crazy...I’m hoping there’s not another boat load of questions I missed that I’m just not thinking of...

Lol... me too ... someone asked me when r results i just ignored the fact tht i heard him...
Hi! I took it this past week and I am feeling the same way! I’m worried because I missed “easy” questions due to stress and rushing and I am worried about the other more difficult questions! Do you mind me asking what you ended up scoring? I keep making a list of the ones I’m pretty sure I got wrong and it’s driving me crazy...I’m hoping there’s not another boat load of questions I missed that I’m just not thinking of...

I took my test on Tuesday but no results yet. Possibly after 9pm tonight!