NOVA vs. UDM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crentist2021

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been accepted to both NOVA and UDM and have less than a week to decide.

I am leaning towards NOVA but UDM's reputation of clinical excellence has me hesitant to turn down the offer. Do any current students know how the clinic currently is (past rumors aside) at NOVA? Trying to make an informed decision.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've seen, cost of attendance seems to be about equal. At UDM tuition+fees are 321k for all 4 years with $1,000 monthly living expenses (369k total). NOVA tuition+fees are 301k with $1,500 monthly living expenses, as south Florida cost of living is higher (373k total). So basically cost isn't a factor. I prefer the Florida location, but my top priority is becoming a competent dentist.

Why do you think UDM is a better school?
If you want to be a competent dentist upon graduation then go with UDM because they are famous for clinical experience.
This is what my uncle who is practicing in orlando said about Nova students, so IDK if hes trolling or not, Quoted "NOVA students need a lot of help and attention"

Last edited:
I do not know much about Nova, because I did not apply to that school. But Udm accepted me on dec. 1st and so I can comment on their school. I would describe UDM exactly like you described it in your post. The school has a reputation for clinical excellence. If you are looking for a school that will prepare you clinically you really can't look past UDM. From talking with people in the field, UDM really is a quality school. They will build you up clinically during your time there. I also like the culture at UDM. The students and faculty seemed really happy during my interview. I ended up receiving a Scholarship from another school and so ended up declining UDM, but would have been more than happy to choose UDM if the other offer had not come around.