NOVA Southeastern vs LECOM-B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple305

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have been wanting to go to a pharmacy school in Florida and have listed these two as my top choices. They are nearly identical in NAPLEX pass rates, I know that tuition difference is nearly $8k, but does anyone know what advantages these schools have over each other? ex. reputation, school life, teachers, how material is presented to students other than lectures? Any differences on how employers view these schools such as hospitals or retail?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current student of NSU, and absolutely love life here. I couldn't be any happier with my choice. The professors are insanely helpful, and the caliber of education cannot be beat. It's always warm, the campus is beautiful Close to beaches and entertainment. Best choice I ever made.

I'm an alum. Pick another school like UF or PBA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current student of NSU, and absolutely love life here. I couldn't be any happier with my choice. The professors are insanely helpful, and the caliber of education cannot be beat. It's always warm, the campus is beautiful Close to beaches and entertainment. Best choice I ever made.
What is the curriculum like? Is it hard to manage? Is passing C and above or B and above?

So what is your assessment on NOVA school of pharmacy? What are were the pro's and cons for you? If you don't mind me asking..

Pros:
You can get very involved at a state level for leadership
You can become a dean's ambassador and get to see some inside things
You don't have to dress professionally
They have a block system of rotations that can prep you for residency

Cons:
Expensive
If you go to the palm beach campus most of your lectures are streamed live from the fort laudy campus
Poor naplex pass rates over the years
Not really respected outside of south florida

PM me if you want more info

I would suggest looking at their particular curriculum. See how their classes are set up, how much the tuition costs and compare them, as well as NAPLEX Pass Rates. If you can, make a campus visit and see where you will fit more. After all, a PharmD is a PharmD. LECOM has just received another 8 years of accreditation recently.

Pros:
You can get very involved at a state level for leadership
You can become a dean's ambassador and get to see some inside things
You don't have to dress professionally
They have a block system of rotations that can prep you for residency

Cons:
Expensive
If you go to the palm beach campus most of your lectures are streamed live from the fort laudy campus
Poor naplex pass rates over the years
Not really respected outside of south florida

PM me if you want more info

I got an interview at Palm Beach, is it bad? I alrrady did an interview at LECOM? Which one is better?

Hey guys,

So I have been wanting to go to a pharmacy school in Florida and have listed these two as my top choices. They are nearly identical in NAPLEX pass rates, I know that tuition difference is nearly $8k, but does anyone know what advantages these schools have over each other? ex. reputation, school life, teachers, how material is presented to students other than lectures? Any differences on how employers view these schools such as hospitals or retail?

Thanks

Wow, I would never go to LECOM because the Ferretti's family just opened pharmacy schools to make profit and that's it. LECOM only cares about their DO students. LECOM is having issues having preceptors for their students' rotation. Lots of them even have to go out of state...
NSU is just fine as they have a much higher budget for pharmacy school than LECOM.

Wow, I would never go to LECOM because the Ferretti's family just opened pharmacy schools to make profit and that's it. LECOM only cares about their DO students. LECOM is having issues having preceptors for their students' rotation. Lots of them even have to go out of state...
NSU is just fine as they have a much higher budget for pharmacy school than LECOM.

It does seem like LECOM only cares for their DO students or dental students( considering they have a whole building just for them). LECOM Pharmacy school was probably just made to get more $$ coming into the school, but they claim they are a non-profit private school.
As long as there are preceptors, it shouldn't matter whether you have to go to Alaska or Australia to get your APPE experience. It is experience regardless.

Yes, NSU seems fine, but they're also a higher tuition school. That's why the budget is higher. With the saturation of the pharmacy field, I would go with the cheaper tuition.